RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The World’s Smallest Political Quiz - RightNation.US

The World’s Smallest Political Quiz Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:28 AM

The World’s Smallest Political Quiz

<Link To Quiz>

<Link To Details>

The world-famous World’s Smallest Political Quiz is a fast, fun and accurate assessment of a person’s overall political views. The Quiz is composed of two parts: a new political map that is far more accurate than the old “Left versus Right” line, and ten questions on specific political issues to help a Quiz taker find his place on that new political map. The Quiz political map is based on the “Nolan Chart” created in 1970 by David F. Nolan. In 1987 Advocates Founder Marshall Fritz created the World’s Smallest Political Quiz by adding ten questions to Nolan’s Chart, along with other refinements.

The Quiz originally appeared in card form and is still available in that form today. Millions of Quiz cards have been sold. The Quiz was the first political Quiz on the Internet (to our knowledge) and has been taken online millions of times. Today’s Quiz is the result of thousands of hours of work building on these key insights by Nolan and Fritz. The Quiz is renowned for its accuracy, insights, and ease of use. It has been taken tens of millions of times, reprinted in newspapers, used in classrooms, and recommended by leading high school and college textbooks.

Challenging the Simplistic “Left versus Right” Model of Politics

The Quiz challenges the dominant “Left versus Right” political model. The Left versus Right model tries to categorize virtually all political opinion into either left and right. This model — still widely used today — is misleading and fatally flawed. It has no place for many millions of people who don’t fit neatly into some variant of liberal or conservative, left or right. In effect, it disenfranchises the tens of millions of Americans who don’t feel that “left,” “right,” “liberal,” “conservative,” etc. accurately describe their views.

Thomas Jefferson, for example, wouldn’t fit comfortably on either left or right. Neither would Jesse Ventura or Ron Paul. America’s real political spectrum is more complex than the simplistic left versus right model allows.

Nor does the Left versus Right model give any useful insight into the differences between the various political categories. It doesn’t tell us what the important differences are between liberals, conservatives, libertarians, independents, statists, and so on. In fact, it tells us nothing of the views of these and other groups.

The Theory Behind the Quiz Model

(snip)

<Link To Quiz>

#2 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/uploads/1554179283/med_gallery_6518_223_24238.png

#3 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:41 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 12 August 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/uploads/1554179283/med_gallery_6518_223_24238.png

Nearly mirrors mine. I was 90% personal, 80% economic

#4 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 12 August 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

Same here-I question the accuracy.

#5 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:49 AM

90 Libertarian here.

#6 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:53 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 12 August 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

There were two questions where I could only select 'Maybe' - International Free Trade, and Government Welfare.

Since international trade doesn't happen in a vacuum, I think we'd get royally screwed by removing all barriers to international trade. Some countries just need to be kept in line.

Removing all government welfare isn't a perfect option either. Charities wouldn't be able to handle it I don't think, and there actually are SOME people who need assistance from the government (note that I think it is probably about 1% of those who currently GET government assistance).

#7 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:25 AM

https://www.theadvoc...rian?x=100&y=50

#8 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:55 AM

Personal Issues Score 80
Economic Issues Score 60
Libertarian

Spoiler

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:31 PM

80 & 60.

I'm getting the distinct impression this quiz was put together by the Libertarian Party...

;)

#10 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:47 PM

60 and 100 for me

#11 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:50 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 August 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

80 & 60.

I'm getting the distinct impression this quiz was put together by the Libertarian Party...

;)

0 and 60.

'Disagreed' with ALL the social questions, though some I disagreed with less strongly than others.

'Maybe' on all but one of the economics which I 'agreed' with. The rest I just am not 100% one way OR the other on.

#12 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 August 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

80 & 60.

;)

Yup. On the social questions, I got the distinct impression they were looking for me to say that the gov't should NEVER get involved in any of those issues. I just couldn't agree.

As for Nat'l ID? It's a moot point - I've previously had a Military ID card and currently have a Federal contractor ID, TSA TWIC card, and US Passport. Not to mention an SS card. If there were another piece of federal ID to be had, I'd probably already have it.

#13 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:08 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 12 August 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

Yup. On the social questions, I got the distinct impression they were looking for me to say that the gov't should NEVER get involved in any of those issues. I just couldn't agree.

As for Nat'l ID? It's a moot point - I've previously had a Military ID card and currently have a Federal contractor ID, TSA TWIC card, and US Passport. Not to mention an SS card. If there were another piece of federal ID to be had, I'd probably already have it.

I agree. I came out a centrist. 50-60. I think the questions are good but the interpretation of the answers is too simplistic. On most questions I wanted to add “but” to.

National ID - yes, because of illegal immigration. Interference in foreign trade - yes, because someone’s got to get China under control, why should they be allowed to play with a biased deck? Etc. Those opinions make me a “centrist”? Puhleeze.

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

I agreed with everything except the SS, Welfare question, and gave a maybe to the tax question and it still gave me 100 Libertarian.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 12 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

#15 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

View PostLadybird, on 12 August 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

I agreed with everything except the SS, Welfare question, and gave a maybe to the tax question and it still gave me 100 Libertarian.

I also said maybe to the tax question.... not because I don’t want the federal government role to be reduced but because I don’t think cutting it to 50% is realistic. At least not in my lifetime...

#16 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

Says I'm a "centrist"...

Centrist

Centrist prefer a "middle ground" regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice. Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind, tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.

#17 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

Here are the descriptions for 100% left and 100% right if anyone is interested...

Left (Liberal)

Liberals usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant government control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations, defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

Right (Conservative)

Conservatives tend to favor economic freedom, but frequently support laws to restrict personal behavior that violates "traditional values." They oppose excessive government control of business, while endorsing government action to defend morality and the traditional family structure. Conservatives usually support a strong military, oppose bureaucracy and high taxes, favor a free-market economy, and endorse strong law enforcement.

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 12 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

#18 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:31 PM

View PostLadybird, on 12 August 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

interesting.... :P

#19 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:29 AM

70/80 Libertarian.

I do not believe in corporate welfare and it should have never started in the first place.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 13 August 2019 - 01:31 AM

#20 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:03 AM

View PostRock N, on 13 August 2019 - 01:29 AM, said:

70/80 Libertarian.

I do not believe in corporate welfare and it should have never started in the first place.

Unfortunately, we have to compete with nations that hand out large amounts of corporate welfare. Companies doing business in China might as well be formally declared as state-owned. The Chinese run factories at a loss just to undercut global competitors.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users