RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump-haters hype up a recession while the real economy is booming - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Trump-haters hype up a recession while the real economy is booming Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 36,208
  • Joined: 13-January 04

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

Steve Hilton: Trump-haters hype up a recession while the real economy is booming
By Steve Hilton
Fox News
08/19/2019

<More Here>

President Trump made the economic case for his re-election in classic style the other night during his rally in New Hampshire. "You have no choice but to vote for me because your 401(k)s will be down the tubes," He said. "Everything's gonna be down the tubes. So whether you love me or hate me, you got to vote for me."

But according to the people who hate the president, it's all going down the tubes now. On MSNBC, various analysts said the following last week:

"Trump waking up this morning to a trending hashtag he was likely desperate to change - #TrumpRecession. It came alongside headlines warning that the economy is in distress, maybe even headed for a nosedive, which Trump's own aides admit could spell political disaster for the president and could pose the gravest threat yet to his re-election prospects."

"I call this another Trump slump."

"A dark cloud has taken its new place on the horizon as potential big trouble for the Trump economy."

"The threat of recession is real."

It's pretty obvious that these establishment Trump-hating hysterics -- all of them, of course, living comfortable coastal lives -- actually want a recession because they think that's the best way to get rid of Trump. At least one of them is honest about it.

"I've been saying for about two years -- that I hope we have a recession, and people get mad at me," said Bill Maher, host of HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher."

Yeah, I wonder why, Bill. Perhaps because in a recession, real people - working Americans - get hurt, not you and your rich friends in the establishment state media, of course. They'd be reporting on a recession, not living it.

We saw all this talk of recession last week, not because of anything that happened in the real economy, but because of the fake economy -- the one conjured up by panicky idiots and algorithms on Wall Street. In case you've never met any of these financial whiz kids, let me tell you who we're dealing with here. Let's put it this way: These Wall Street types, they're not exactly the kind of people you want your children turning into. They're really not very smart. They're certainly not thoughtful or kind. They're often poorly-educated, mostly ignorant and always self-interested and greedy.

Last week, they got the whole world in a panic for no good reason. Thanks a lot, guys. (And yes, they are mostly guys.) They hear a rumor, massively overreact to a single piece of data, push some buttons and then follow each other like demented sheep. The worst thing is, their panicky idiocy can have real-world effects. In the end, the economy is not some abstract thing. It is a human thing, the collective result of countless human decisions. Should I buy that new piece of furniture? Should I hire that extra worker? Should I open that new factory? All of these human decisions boil down to confidence about the future.

So actually, the Wall Street idiots and the establishment state media literally could cause a recession just by going on about it.

(Snip)

<More Here>
0

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,503
  • Joined: 30-April 18

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

"So actually, the Wall Street idiots and the establishment state media literally could cause a recession just by going on about it."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Which is precisely what they're up to, create a recession, take down the president...
0

#3 User is online   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,394
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

Remember when the Democrats talked down the economy so voters would choose Qwing Barry II? Then there was his sidekick Joe talking up a couple-few "Summers of Recovery" for Its Something of Other declare that 1.9 GDP was "the new normal" and tried to tax everyone under heel?


You do. Biden doesn't.
0

#4 User is offline   GrimV 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,832
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 22 August 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:



President Trump made the economic case for his re-election in classic style the other night during his rally in New Hampshire. "You have no choice but to vote for me because your 401(k)s will be down the tubes," He said. "Everything's gonna be down the tubes. So whether you love me or hate me, you got to vote for me."




The Stock Market is not the economy. That goes for BOTH sides of the aisle.
0

#5 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

  • Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 28,548
  • Joined: 01-April 03

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

I had noticed the multiple headlines on MSN when logging in going on and on about THE Recession and all I could think was, 'WTF are you asshats talking about? WHAT recession?'

Then I remembered that they are the people pushing Biden, Harris and AOC and realized that from their view up their own rectums the visibility of reality is extremely limited.
0

#6 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 31,199
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:40 AM

If anyone ever has paid attention, the stock markets generally always lose every summer, no matter who's in the White House. It's always been that way.

This is why I wish that I could switch all of my 401K annuities out of stocks and into fixed interest for the summer every year then back again in the winter when it comes roaring back, but my 401K plan does not allow for me to do it. Ever since I've had stocks they have always lost most of the profit/gains that were made in the previous fall and winter and are lost every summer, but it always comes back by the end of fall winter/Christmas.

The democraps are utilizing these normal summer slumps in the stock market to try to spin it as a recession and pin it on Trump when this slump happens every year no matter what.

They are shameless mentally ill psychopathic liars and criminals and all of them belong in the nut house with nurse Ratched.

Now what is real that is pissing me off is all of this runaway inflation! Dammit, everything costs a freaking fortune anymore!
0

#7 User is online   kestrel 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,765
  • Joined: 22-January 05

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:37 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 22 August 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

Steve Hilton: Trump-haters hype up a recession while the real economy is booming
By Steve Hilton
Fox News
08/19/2019

<More Here>

President Trump made the economic case for his re-election in classic style the other night during his rally in New Hampshire. "You have no choice but to vote for me because your 401(k)s will be down the tubes," He said. "Everything's gonna be down the tubes. So whether you love me or hate me, you got to vote for me."





RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA! .....RACIST! RACIST! RACIST!!!!..HMMM Whats next?..Oh Yeah! RECESSION! RECESSION! RECESSION!...(its just gotta work!..right?)

Kestrel...


0

#8 User is offline   firecoco 

  • Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 16,081
  • Joined: 21-October 03

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:10 AM

View Postkestrel, on 23 August 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA! .....RACIST! RACIST! RACIST!!!!..HMMM Whats next?..Oh Yeah! RECESSION! RECESSION! RECESSION!...(its just gotta work!..right?)

Kestrel...

Yup the three R'S....Here's another R....Re-elect
0

#9 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,720
  • Joined: 05-June 15

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:23 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 22 August 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

I had noticed the multiple headlines on MSN when logging in going on and on about THE Recession and all I could think was, 'WTF are you asshats talking about? WHAT recession?'

Then I remembered that they are the people pushing Biden, Harris and AOC and realized that from their view up their own rectums the visibility of reality is extremely limited.


:exactly:

View PostRock N, on 23 August 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

If anyone ever has paid attention, the stock markets generally always lose every summer, no matter who's in the White House. It's always been that way.

This is why I wish that I could switch all of my 401K annuities out of stocks and into fixed interest for the summer every year then back again in the winter when it comes roaring back, but my 401K plan does not allow for me to do it. Ever since I've had stocks they have always lost most of the profit/gains that were made in the previous fall and winter and are lost every summer, but it always comes back by the end of fall winter/Christmas.

The democraps are utilizing these normal summer slumps in the stock market to try to spin it as a recession and pin it on Trump when this slump happens every year no matter what.

They are shameless mentally ill psychopathic liars and criminals and all of them belong in the nut house with nurse Ratched.

Now what is real that is pissing me off is all of this runaway inflation! Dammit, everything costs a freaking fortune anymore!


:exactly:
0

#10 User is offline   GrimV 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,832
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostRock N, on 23 August 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

If anyone ever has paid attention, the stock markets generally always lose every summer, no matter who's in the White House. It's always been that way.

This is why I wish that I could switch all of my 401K annuities out of stocks and into fixed interest for the summer every year then back again in the winter when it comes roaring back, but my 401K plan does not allow for me to do it. Ever since I've had stocks they have always lost most of the profit/gains that were made in the previous fall and winter and are lost every summer, but it always comes back by the end of fall winter/Christmas.

The democraps are utilizing these normal summer slumps in the stock market to try to spin it as a recession and pin it on Trump when this slump happens every year no matter what.

They are shameless mentally ill psychopathic liars and criminals and all of them belong in the nut house with nurse Ratched.

Now what is real that is pissing me off is all of this runaway inflation! Dammit, everything costs a freaking fortune anymore!


You're conveniently ignoring Trump's no-win, escalating trade war with China.

Besides, the "summer doldrums" refers to flat markets when liquidity's thin and prices are ranging, not trending markets where prices are moving up or down.
0

#11 User is online   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,394
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostGrimV, on 23 August 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

You're conveniently ignoring Trump's no-win, escalating trade war with China.

Besides, the "summer doldrums" refers to flat markets when liquidity's thin and prices are ranging, not trending markets where prices are moving up or down.


Trump isn't fighting for Chin to surrender or even acquiesce. His long-term goal is to get U.S. companies out of China. He is reaching out to other trading partners and trying to reform taxes and regulations so companies will repatriate. That will be the win.
0

#12 User is offline   GrimV 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,832
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 23 August 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

Trump isn't fighting for Chin to surrender or even acquiesce. His long-term goal is to get U.S. companies out of China. He is reaching out to other trading partners and trying to reform taxes and regulations so companies will repatriate. That will be the win.


Trying to get out in front of this nonsense he tweeted earlier?

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China".

Hereby *ordered*, even.

Let's play everyone's favorite game "What if Obama said it?"

What if Obama "hereby ordered" US companies to vacate a presence overseas?







God love the free market. Or what's left of it.
0

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 58,149
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:12 PM

View PostGrimV, on 23 August 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

Trying to get out in front of this nonsense he tweeted earlier?

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China".

Hereby *ordered*, even.

Let's play everyone's favorite game "What if Obama said it?"

What if Obama "hereby ordered" US companies to vacate a presence overseas?







God love the free market. Or what's left of it.


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
0

#14 User is offline   ASE 

  • You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 7,821
  • Joined: 15-June 03

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:19 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 22 August 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

"So actually, the Wall Street idiots and the establishment state media literally could cause a recession just by going on about it."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Which is precisely what they're up to, create a recession, take down the president...

Which ties right in to what I've been saying for years; the 'big-media' a.k.a. MSM, needs consequences for lying / misleading / telling only stories favorable to the side they've chosen / buying rights to a story and then NOT telling it because it goes against their agenda, etc. They need to lose their protection. They will decry 'the public's right to know', yet they themselves will not regard the public's right to know, if the whole truth to a story does not go the way their agenda needs.
0

#15 User is online   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,394
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:20 PM

View PostGrimV, on 23 August 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

Trying to get out in front of this nonsense he tweeted earlier?

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China".

Hereby *ordered*, even.

Let's play everyone's favorite game "What if Obama said it?"

What if Obama "hereby ordered" US companies to vacate a presence overseas?


Yes, "ordered" is not very Presidential. More like something a CEO would say. A CEO who is used to barking out orders and having them followed. I wonder where we can find someone who talks like that. In the White House, maybe?





View PostGrimV, on 23 August 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

God love the free market. Or what's left of it.


0bama really did try his best to dismantle the free market. Especially when it came to consumer choice in healthcare. We all know that trade with China has been stacked against the U.S. and even the world for decades. Our trade imbalance has become a matter of national security.

It's simple and you know it. Trump is trying to undo globalism. He wants underwear and socks to be made in the U.S. which means jobs for Americans. If he can't have that, then he wants to find another trading partner who won't steal our patents and intellectual property. A partner who will import not undercut our goods and services. Unless you want another Solyndra just because orange man bad.

It was a big mistake to allow China to join the WTO. It was a mistake to enter into NAFTA. Unless, of course, you're a globalist working to undermine America's status. The name escapes me, but I heard one of them say that they are fine with a job going to India if it means one less job for America.

Trump is trying to open markets. He wants innovation and ingenuity. Yes, that means taking on China economically. Xie would just sh!t if factories closed down in Zhejiang and North Korea became the hottest beach destination in southeast Asia.

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 23 August 2019 - 02:22 PM

0

#16 User is offline   GrimV 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,832
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:31 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 23 August 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Yes, "ordered" is not very Presidential. More like something a CEO would say. A CEO who is used to barking out orders and having them followed. I wonder where we can find someone who talks like that. In the White House, maybe?







0bama really did try his best to dismantle the free market. Especially when it came to consumer choice in healthcare. We all know that trade with China has been stacked against the U.S. and even the world for decades. Our trade imbalance has become a matter of national security.

It's simple and you know it. Trump is trying to undo globalism. He wants underwear and socks to be made in the U.S. which means jobs for Americans. If he can't have that, then he wants to find another trading partner who won't steal our patents and intellectual property. A partner who will import not undercut our goods and services. Unless you want another Solyndra just because orange man bad.

It was a big mistake to allow China to join the WTO. It was a mistake to enter into NAFTA. Unless, of course, you're a globalist working to undermine America's status. The name escapes me, but I heard one of them say that they are fine with a job going to India if it means one less job for America.

Trump is trying to open markets. He wants innovation and ingenuity. Yes, that means taking on China economically. Xie would just sh!t if factories closed down in Zhejiang and North Korea became the hottest beach destination in southeast Asia.


When did supporting Free Trade evolve into "working to undermine America's status"?

That's an honest question, BTW.

At what point did that redefinition occur?
0

#17 User is online   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,394
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:51 PM

View PostGrimV, on 23 August 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

When did supporting Free Trade evolve into "working to undermine America's status"?

That's an honest question, BTW.

At what point did that redefinition occur?


The way Communist China treats other nations is not exactly "free trade". There are governments and foreign entrepreneurs the world over wanting to do business with the United States. However, our convoluted arrangements with China have locked them out. If anything, Trump is growing not destroying the free market.

As Trump said himself, this is not his trade war. It has been waged for decades. As with illegal immigration, he wants definite resolution to build a foundation. It's long overdue that America eliminate the status quo of perpetual crisis. Trump is correct in the long run. If it means short-term inconvenience and kicking a few chicken littles, so be it.
0

#18 User is offline   GrimV 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,832
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 23 August 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

The way Communist China treats other nations is not exactly "free trade".


Why not?

Nobody's putting a gun to retailer's heads and forcing them to buy from China.

And what you're advocating is not "free trade", it's corporate welfare. You're laying a tax on the American people to subsidize a particular corporate interest.

And why does everyone think China *benefits* from their trade arrangements? Because they sell cheap sh*t?

Well, yeah -- but at what cost? At what cost to their own citizens? At what cost to their own GDP?

People tend to view "trade advantages" backwards, when in reality (to quote Milton Friedman) "Exports are the cost of trade, imports the return from trade, not the other way around."

And to repeat a comment I made in a similar thread -- You want China's trade advantage? Fine. As an added bonus you also get China's sh*tty economy.
0

#19 User is online   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,394
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

Fair points. However, the lack of manufacturing in this country is an issue of national security. Fire up the forges and start the assembly lines. We can do for ourselves rather than be entwined with earth's largest polluter.

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 23 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

0

#20 User is offline   NH Populist 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,503
  • Joined: 30-April 18

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:31 PM

View PostGrimV, on 23 August 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:


Let's play everyone's favorite game "What if Obama said it?"
What if Obama "hereby ordered" US companies to vacate a presence overseas?


He may not have ordered any company to vacate the U.S., but his highest in the industrialized world corporate tax rate and over-regulations forced many to leave just to survive...
0

Share this topic:


  • 13 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users