RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: MSNBC's O'Donnell says he should not have reported unverified - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MSNBC's O'Donnell says he should not have reported unverified Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

MSNBC's O'Donnell says he should not have reported unverified claim on air about Trump loans
NBC News - Adam Edelman - link

MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell said Wednesday he made an "error in judgment" and should not have reported on air Tuesday information about the president’s finances from a single source and formally retracted the statement on air Wednesday night.

On Tuesday, the host reported that President Donald Trump's financial records show that some of his loans have Russian co-signers.

"The Last Word" host opened his show Wednesday night by saying he repeated statements from a single source that weren't ready for reporting and that he did not go through the network's "rigorous verification and standards process" before repeating it, and that "had it gone through that process, I would not have been permitted to report it."

"Tonight, we are retracting the story. We don't know whether the information is inaccurate, but the fact is we do know it wasn't ready for broadcast, and for that I apologize," O’Donnell said on Wednesday's broadcast.
*snip*

Uh, yeah, backhand much? You reported something without investigating it because you wanted it to be the smoking gun that would take down Trump, but once you started doing the due diligence that USED TO BE REQUIRED of a journalist, your team found out that it wasn't a credible source and you'd put yourselves in Schidt Creek Rapids.

So, you create a 'non' apology to explain your way out of the garbage you spewed over the airwaves to support your virulent case of TrumpHate, assface.

Nice job channeling Dan Rather...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Zt4ZWWHclgLqd1K/giphy.gif

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

MSNBC is a joke. Lawrence O'Donnell is a joke. This "apology" is a joke.

And I'll bet that of the 10 or 15 people who usually take them seriously, even half of them know perfectly well this "apology" is BS.

:rolleyes:

#3 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:01 PM

Too little, too late Larry the Loser.

#4 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:18 PM

O’Donnell's point was to say the word "Russian" as many times as possible. Even in his apology, I can tell that he's simply reseeding a narrative which is dead on the vine.

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 29 August 2019 - 02:18 PM

#5 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:49 PM

He knew exactly what he was doing. Before he uttered the first word he knew this was bogus. The apology only came after the legal team for NBC saw a teat in a wringer that he was forced to retract.

#6 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:54 PM

It is 2 years ago he had his STOP THE HAMMERING meltdown.

#7 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:37 PM

Just like Gunga Dan Rather, fake but accurate! :lol:

#8 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:22 PM

NBC Issues Major Correction On Story About Citizenship For Military Children Abroad

Virginia Kruta
Associate Editor
August 29, 2019 1:17 PM ET

excerpt:

After initially reporting that new guidelines could potentially deny “birthright citizenship” to the children of American military members abroad, NBC followed up with a major correction.

Initial reports on the new policy from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services focused almost entirely on one line from the guidance, namely that the Department of Homeland Security “no longer considers children of U.S. government employees and U.S. armed forces members residing outside the United States as ‘residing in the United States’ for purposes of acquiring citizenship.”

After a more careful reading of the policy, however, NBC’s Ken Dilanian offered a correction noting that the policy would apply to children adopted by American military and government employees overseas.

<SNIP>

LINK

Seems NBC is getting a bit desperate lately... :whistling:

Although it seems they get their money's worth by allowing time for the attacks on the admin from the usual suspects before offering a sheepish, "Whoops... our bad. Nothing to see here. Move along.".

#9 User is offline   Patriot1 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:47 PM

MSNBC is just as fake as CNN.

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:40 PM

View PostPatriot1, on 04 September 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

MSNBC is just as fake as CNN.