RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Devin Nunes: DOJ Watchdog Report On James Comey Contains 'Evidence - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Devin Nunes: DOJ Watchdog Report On James Comey Contains 'Evidence Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

Devin Nunes: DOJ Watchdog Report On James Comey Contains 'Evidence For Conspiracy Complaint

Washington Examiner
by Daniel Chaitin
August 29, 2019 11:16 PM

Excerpt:

Rep. Devin Nunes called the Justice Department inspector general's report on former FBI Director James Comey a "building block" for a criminal referral he delivered to the agency.

"For a long time I have been very hesitant to get too far out in front on the IG's capabilities. I believe what today is, is another example — it's a building block. It's important information," the California Republican said Thursday evening on Fox News.

Specifically, he said, Horowitz's findings contain "very important pieces of evidence that would build into the conspiracy complaint that we have sent to the Department of Justice."

Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, appeared on Sean Hannity's show, along with fellow Reps. Mark Meadows and John Ratcliffe, to react to Inspector General Michael Horowitz's 83-page scathing report on Comey released earlier in the day.

*snip*

The watchdog found that Comey "violated" bureau policy in his handling of memos about his conversations with President Trump, but determined the former FBI director did not leak classified information to the media. Horowitz criminally referred Comey to the Justice Department for his conduct, but the agency declined to prosecute.

Comey celebrated the inspector general's report in a pair of snarky tweets.

DOJ IG "found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the memos to members of the media." I don’t need a public apology from those who defamed me, but a quick message with a “sorry we lied about you” would be nice.

— James Comey (@Comey) August 29, 2019

And to all those who’ve spent two years talking
about me “going to jail” or being a “liar and a leaker”—ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president.

— James Comey (@Comey) August 29, 2019

But Nunes and his GOP colleagues stressed that Comey has not yet escaped trouble, citing Horowitz's incoming report on alleged Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuses and Attorney General William Barr's and U.S. Attorney John Durham's investigation into the origins of the Russia investigation.

Meadows said the reports will be "more damning than this and this was not a good day for the FBI's former director."

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:14 AM

Nothing will ever be done about it.

#3 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:56 AM

It’s amazing that Comey has the gall to call out other people who ”lied about him”. Planks and specks, James?

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:20 AM

View PostRock N, on 01 September 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

Nothing will ever be done about it.

Sadly, that's probably true.

<_<

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic