RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Democrat Presidential Candidates Asked To Define ‘Assault Weapon’ - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Democrat Presidential Candidates Asked To Define ‘Assault Weapon’ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:01 AM

Democrat Presidential Candidates Asked To Define ‘Assault Weapon’

The Daily Wire
by Ryan Saavedra
September 3, 2019

Excerpt:

Many of the Democratic presidential candidates were asked during a recent campaign event to define what an "assault weapon" is — a question that nearly all of the candidates tried to avoid answering with any specifics.

The lone exception was Joe Sestak, a little-known former Democratic representative who is polling at the bottom of the field.

The candidates were asked the questions by Turning Point USA (TPUSA) last month during the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines, Iowa.

Sestak told Turning Point USA that an "assault weapon" is a "semi-automatic" firearm, adding that he thinks the Bill Clinton-era assault weapons ban did not go "far enough."

Front-runner Joe Biden, who has faced questions in recent months about his fitness, responded to the question by saying: "If you don't know when you see it, you don't understand."

Biden's remarks come after he said this week that "details are irrelevant in terms of decision-making." Biden also called for banning all magazines that hold "multiple bullets" — an extreme proposal that would ban nearly all firearms.

Other presidential candidates, like Marianne Williamson, showed their lack of knowledge on the issue, saying that "all of it, everything that is military," is an assault weapon. The definition from Williamson, who has called for banning assault weapons and certain types of bullets, would result in the banning of nearly all handguns as civilians are able to buy many of the handguns that are used by the U.S. military.

Here is how the other candidates answered:​

*snip*

Link

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:12 AM

EVERYTHING is an "assault weapon" if you use it to assault somebody. If I break a lamp over your head in a deliberate attempt to inflict physical harm, that lamp has become an "assault weapon".

B)

#3 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:41 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 05 September 2019 - 01:12 AM, said:

EVERYTHING is an "assault weapon" if you use it to assault somebody. If I break a lamp over your head in a deliberate attempt to inflict physical harm, that lamp has become an "assault weapon".

B)

Dim bulb Dems???

#4 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:28 AM

B)

Better be sure it doesn't have a flourescent bulb or you'll be in real trouble.

Mark

#5 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:43 AM

Lefties hate getting tied down with hard definitions, it leaves little room for redefinition when the current definition no longer serves their purpose.

#6 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:26 PM

B)

The lamp... aka "The Mrs. Rodham-Clinton Special".

#7 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:38 PM

View PostGrimV, on 05 September 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

Lefties hate getting tied down with hard definitions, it leaves little room for redefinition when the current definition no longer serves their purpose.

A proposed amendment to the Florida Constitution for 2020 to ban/confiscate "assault weapons" defines them as ALL semi-automatic rifles and shotguns. :coffeenpc:

#8 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:03 PM

It's whatever they want it to be at any given time.

That's the beauty of having situational ethics, no values, and a Constitution written on an etch-a-sketch

#9 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:23 PM

Really says a lot about those who want to ban something they can't even describe or define.

#10 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:55 PM

It would say more if they can define or give examples where any new gun law has done anything to solve crime and hasn’t just increased it while taking away my right to self defense. I’ve asked this over and over. I’m still waiting for an answer

#11 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

I don't know which is worse, the idiot running for office or the fool who votes for them. Guess they go hand in hand.

This post has been edited by oki: 06 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

#12 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:47 PM

Leftists cry racism or colonialism or whateverism when the talk about "the good ole days" or "making America great again" comes from a conservative.

Except for guns. Anything semi-automatic or faster they want to ban and outlaw. They want to take us back to the muzzle-loading days; so when a thug is bearing down on your to rob or assault you, you can pour the powder in, then some wadding, the a plug or some buckshot, pack it down and then you'll be able to take 'em down frontier style!!!

They won't stop there. We'll be back to bows and arrows after that and you'll only be able to carry 5 arrows in your quiver at any one time.

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:53 PM

View Poststick, on 06 September 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Leftists cry racism or colonialism or whateverism when the talk about "the good ole days" or "making America great again" comes from a conservative.

Except for guns. Anything semi-automatic or faster they want to ban and outlaw. They want to take us back to the muzzle-loading days; so when a thug is bearing down on your to rob or assault you, you can pour the powder in, then some wadding, the a plug or some buckshot, pack it down and then you'll be able to take 'em down frontier style!!!

They won't stop there. We'll be back to bows and arrows after that and you'll only be able to carry 5 arrows in your quiver at any one time.

Five arrows?? Are you crazy?? That's a multi-shot weapon, every bit as evil as a semi-auto pistol with a multi-bullet magazine! You murderer you!!

One arrow per quiver, thankyouverymuch.

:rant:

#14 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:09 AM

View Postoki, on 06 September 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Really says a lot about those who want to ban something they can't even describe or define.

:welldone: :thumbsup:

View Postoki, on 06 September 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

I don't know which is worse, the idiot running for office or the fool who votes for them. Guess they go hand in hand.

birds of a feather, and all that

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users