RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Google faces a new antitrust probe by 50 attorneys general - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Google faces a new antitrust probe by 50 attorneys general Facebook, too Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   catpat 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:02 AM

Google faces a new antitrust probe by 50 attorneys general

Laura Feiner
CNBC.com

SEP 9 2019

Excerpt

Fifty attorneys general are joining an investigation into Google over possible antitrust violations, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, the initiative’s leader, announced Monday.

The news confirms reports last week about the bipartisan investigation into Google’s practices. The probe includes attorneys general from 48 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. California and Alabama are not involved in the probe, Paxton said at a press conference.

Other attorneys general at the media conference emphasized Google’s dominance in the ad market and use of consumer data.

“When there is no longer a free market or competition, this increases prices, even when something is marketed as free, and harms consumers,” said Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody, a Republican. “Is something really free if we are increasingly giving over our privacy information? Is something really free if online ad prices go up based on one company’s control?”

An antitrust probe into Facebook was announced on Friday by New York Attorney General Letitia James, who will lead the case. Attorneys general from seven states plus the District of Columbia are participating in the Facebook investigation.

At the press conference Monday, D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine, a Democrat, said it “remains to be seen” if the two probes will be “a coordinated expansion.”

<Snip>

The focus on Google and Facebook by the state attorneys general does not mean other tech giants such as Amazon and Apple will be free from scrutiny. Sources told the Journal last week that the investigations could expand to other companies.

More here.

#2 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:39 PM

The focus on Google and Facebook by the state attorneys general does not mean other tech giants such as Amazon and Apple will be free from scrutiny. Sources told the Journal last week that the investigations could expand to other companies.

Looking forward to it although I don't expect much.

#3 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:17 PM

It's been A Long Time Comin'...

But... As the good book says, there is nothing new under the sun (Eccl 1:9) Google is today's IBM of the '60s. ("What's an IBM?" millennials ask. LOL)

(Footage from Altamonte...which I suspect was NEITHER as horrific or as iconic as some retro-remember. It was a music festival, for chrissakes. And JA was one of the better acts, and even reasonably sober.

The electrical dust is starting to rust
Her trapezoid thermometer taste
All the red tape is mechanical rape
Of the TV program waste

Data control and I.B.M.
Science is mankind's brother
But all I see is draining me
On my plastic fantastic lover

- Marty Balin, Jefferson Airplane, "Plastic fantastic lover"

#4 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

Ok, Dean Switchee Flashback.

PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump has been positioning himself as a trustbuster on the global scale. Which is a good thing.

#5 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:52 AM

Liz, on 10 September 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Looking forward to it although I don't expect much.

:yeahthat:

People with really big money always get away with everything.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users