RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump fires John Bolton as national security adviser One official, spe - RightNation.US

Trump fires John Bolton as national security adviser One official, spe Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

Trump fires John Bolton as national security adviser

Shannon Pettypiece, Carol E. Lee, Peter Alexander and Adam Edelman
NBC
9/10/19

EXCERPT:

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he had fired national security adviser John Bolton after a string of disagreements over how the U.S. should handle North Korea, Afghanistan and Iran.

Trump announced on Twitter that he had asked for Bolton's resignation on Monday night, saying he had "disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions."

“I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning,” Trump said on Twitter.

<snip>

Most recently, the two had sparred over Trump's desire to have leaders of the Taliban visit Camp David in the days before the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks to finalize peace talks. The idea was strongly opposed by Bolton, even as officials at the State Department argued it could move the parties closer to an agreement, officials said.

Bolton had been deeply skeptical of negotiations with the Taliban. U.S. negotiators have been working under the president’s demand that a drawdown occur before November 2020, when he’s up for re-election.

(Full Story)

#2 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:14 PM

Apparently many in the administration agreed with this decision.

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:29 PM

Well Trump can obviously do as he wishes here, but I disagree with him. This was a mistake.

:shrug:

#4 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

Inviting the Taliban to Camp David was rather boneheaded. That it didn't cause the troglodytes to cease-fire is all anyone needs to know.

Bolton’s departure could pave the way for a more flexible approach by the Trump administration on North Korea, Iran, Venezuela and Afghanistan, former U.S. officials and two current U.S. officials said.

Emphasis mine. North Korea is the prize. Trump did not like Bolton's hawkish approach. Trump wants Kim Jong-Un to open beach resorts not line the coast with landmines.

#5 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

The Taliban.. at Camp David.

Strange days, indeed.

#6 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

Bolton is a deep stater left over from the Bush administration.

I said all along that he was a bad hire and not to be trusted.

There is also a rumor going around that Bolton was a leaker to the media and that's why Trump really had fired him?

#7 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:20 PM

View Postzurg, on 10 September 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

Apparently many in the administration agreed with this decision.

For reasons that we will likely never get to hear or see.

#8 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:22 PM

View PostLadybird, on 10 September 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

Strange days, indeed.

Give it up, everybody here remembers Obama's presidency...

#9 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

Maybe Trump remembers that every time the North Vietnamese wanted to talk peace it was just a stall tactic and Taliban may very well try to be doing the same.
During the Vietnam War we fell for that ploy, and learned later on that had we simply pressed the attack even more things would have probably ended differently.
This could be a case where the Taliban are facing loss or extinction and it's a ploy to buy time or prevent their total annihilation or collapse.

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:40 PM

NH Populist, on 10 September 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Give it up, everybody here remembers Obama's presidency...

“What about Obama?!”

Ok

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 10 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

#11 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:08 PM

Strange days, indeed.

Not unprecedented, the US invited Arafat there, but still a dumb idea. You can't negotiate with these savages anyway.

#12 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:42 PM

Strange days, indeed.

No less strange than midnight shipments of cash and gold to adversaries in the middle east, but you didn't even bat an eye with that.

#13 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:45 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 10 September 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

Well Trump can obviously do as he wishes here, but I disagree with him. This was a mistake.

:shrug:

Afraid I disagree with you here. Bolton was a leftover globalist neocon who wanted to use the military constantly to try and force democracy down people's throats regardless of the consequences, who saw every world problem as an excuse to put boots on the ground. They can be useful at times, but I am well and over watching the US military get stuck in every primitive hell hole in the world where we have no business, like Syria, and Afghanistan.

#14 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

View PostLadybird, on 10 September 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

“What about Obama?!”

Ok

His line in the sand to Assad, how he "Contained" Isis, his refusal to say "Radical Islamic Terrorism", the millions in cash he sent to Iran and labeling Israel's Netanyahu "Chicken Sh!t" for starters. His record for dealing with terrorists leaves just a little to be desired...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 10 September 2019 - 05:55 PM

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:00 PM

View PostSeverian, on 10 September 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Afraid I disagree with you here. Bolton was a leftover globalist neocon who wanted to use the military constantly to try and force democracy down people's throats regardless of the consequences, who saw every world problem as an excuse to put boots on the ground. They can be useful at times, but I am well and over watching the US military get stuck in every primitive hell hole in the world where we have no business, like Syria, and Afghanistan.

No problem Sev, LOL, I've been aware for years that my opinion of Bolton isn't popular around here. I love his "Take No Prisoners" approach to stuff. I tend to be the same way. When somebody needs to be knocked down I'll happily be the one to do it, and I couldn't care less who's "offended" about it.

;)

#16 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:10 PM

View PostRock N, on 10 September 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Bolton is a deep stater left over from the Bush administration.

I said all along that he was a bad hire and not to be trusted.

There is also a rumor going around that Bolton was a leaker to the media and that's why Trump really had fired him?

Left over? Trump's administration asked him to work for them. They wanted him. Dude. You can't keep blaming the "deep state" for every decision Trump makes.

As for rumors, I haven't heard that one. The reason most give is that Trump wanted to bring the Taliban to Camp David near 9/11 to talk peace. Personally I find that offensive, but whatever.

#17 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 10 September 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Not unprecedented, the US invited Arafat there, but still a dumb idea. You can't negotiate with these savages anyway.

True although the timing is idiotic. Maybe wait until the 9/11 anniversary is over before giving credibility to these monsters.

#18 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:46 PM

View PostSeverian, on 10 September 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

I tend to agree. I liked Bolton... at arms length. I agree (mostly) with his positions but not the means. A bit too close to "Neocon" for my comfort; always choosing "force" over "finesse".

#19 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:50 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 10 September 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

"Diplomacy is the art of saying “Nice doggie” until you can find a rock."
- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Rock, or stick, in some variants.

#20 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:26 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 10 September 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

No problem Sev, LOL, I've been aware for years that my opinion of Bolton isn't popular around here. I love his "Take No Prisoners" approach to stuff. I tend to be the same way. When somebody needs to be knocked down I'll happily be the one to do it, and I couldn't care less who's "offended" about it.

;)

I think my main disagreement with neocons like Bolton are over when and who needs to be "knocked down."

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users