RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Wall Street Democrats Threaten To Sit Out 2020 If Warren Is The Nomine - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wall Street Democrats Threaten To Sit Out 2020 If Warren Is The Nomine Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

Wall Street Democrats Threaten To Sit Out 2020 If Warren Is The Nominee

HotAir
John Sexton
Posted at 3:21 pm on September 26, 2019

Excerpt:

With Elizabeth Warren surging in recent polls, some Wall Street Democrats are getting worried about what a Warren administration would mean for them. CNBC reports some donors are even talking about sitting the next election out if Warren is the nominee:

Democratic donors on Wall Street and in big business are preparing to sit out the presidential campaign fundraising cycle — or even back President Donald Trump — if Sen. Elizabeth Warren wins the party’s nomination.

In recent weeks, CNBC spoke to several high-dollar Democratic donors and fundraisers in the business community and found that this opinion was becoming widely shared as Warren, an outspoken critic of big banks and corporations, gains momentum against Joe Biden in the 2020 race.

“You’re in a box because you’re a Democrat and you’re thinking, ‘I want to help the party, but she’s going to hurt me, so I’m going to help President Trump,’” said a senior private equity executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity in fear of retribution by party leaders…

“They will not support her. It would be like shutting down their industry,” an executive at one of the nation’s largest banks told CNBC, also speaking on condition of anonymity.

Warren seems to be reveling in all of this. Earlier this month she reacted to a discussion about Wall Street’s fears of her possible presidency by saying she endorsed the message.

Portraying herself as Wall Streets’ boogeyman will certainly appeal to a certain segment of the Democratic Party. The problem with this is that campaigns do run on money and not just presidential campaigns. The DNC has been struggling to raise cash for months. While the RNC raised more than $20 million in June and again in July, the DNC raised just over $16 million in those two months combined.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:30 PM

Racists.

#3 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:45 PM

This is nothing new, it's called The Walkaway Movement

#4 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:46 PM

How is it that there even “Wall Street Democrat’s?”

#5 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:37 PM

View Posterp, on 26 September 2019 - 05:46 PM, said:

Seriously: Drive through "East Cobb" sometime. Johnson FY, NW bound from Sandy Springs, take a "left" turn on Columns Drive (pun intended), work your way through "Chattahoochee Plantation" back to Papermill RD.

You'd be fairly AMAZED at the number of Jon Ossoff (local D candidate for congress) signs already out, in front of multi-million dollar mansions.

#6 User is online   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:43 PM

View Posterp, on 26 September 2019 - 05:46 PM, said:

How can they still be in NY?

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:31 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 26 September 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Seriously: Drive through "East Cobb" sometime. Johnson FY, NW bound from Sandy Springs, take a "left" turn on Columns Drive (pun intended), work your way through "Chattahoochee Plantation" back to Papermill RD.

You'd be fairly AMAZED at the number of Jon Ossoff (local D candidate for congress) signs already out, in front of multi-million dollar mansions.

It makes perfect sense. People who are rich and become democrat voters are generally dishonest. They’re trying to “make up” for being rich by voting democrat, and thereby achieving two important things. One, mostly make other people pay for democrats’ destructive ideas. Two, prevent as many future rich people, thus leaving the rich status to themselves.

Simple.

#8 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

• M dwarf stars

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:20 PM

“You’re in a box because you’re a Democrat and you’re thinking, ‘I want to help the party, but she’s going to hurt me, so I’m going to help President Trump,’”

It's interesting (and sad) that the question they're asking themselves isn't "Why do I want to help a party or a person that wants to hurt me?"

#9 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:23 PM

View Postzurg, on 26 September 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

It makes perfect sense. People who are rich and become democrat voters are generally dishonest. They’re trying to “make up” for being rich by voting democrat, and thereby achieving two important things. One, mostly make other people pay for democrats’ destructive ideas. Two, prevent as many future rich people, thus leaving the rich status to themselves.

Simple.

Even more, their wealth gives them the comfort of knowing they will be able to buy their way out of anything. Of course, if there's a real revolution, they will be among the first targets...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users