RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump Exposes Paul Ryan and Romney Republicans - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump Exposes Paul Ryan and Romney Republicans Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:05 AM

Trump Exposes Paul Ryan and Romney Republicans

https://www.americanthinker.com
By Fletch Daniels
September 28, 2019

Article:

One of the greatest public services President Donald Trump has done for the nation is forcing institutions and people to reveal their true character.

While this has been the most valuable when it comes to the media, it has also been valuable when it comes to unmasking globalist Republicans.

This was again on display this week, most notably in the revelation that Paul Ryan was inciting Fox News from his position on the board of Fox Corporation to "decisively break" with President Trump. Ryan has apparently graduated from providing the worst advice to the president as the speaker of the House to providing the worst advice to Fox News.

Were Fox to follow this advice, the network would have even fewer viewers than CNN, which can at least count on hapless airport captives to boost its numbers. I find it hard to believe that any of Fox's viewers are not to the right of Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace. If Fox management thinks it can somehow compete for liberal viewers, it is delusional.

These people are supposedly preparing for life after Trump, but more likely, they are preparing for life without viewers. For when they speak of chasing moderates, what they are really suggesting is appealing to liberals. These viewers are never going to tune in to the object of their hatred when they have so many long established liberal echo chambers, no matter how many Donna Braziles they bring on board. But Fox management can certainly chase off its audience by following Ryan's advice. One America News, or another network to be named later, would welcome their viewers.

Most Republican voters did not realize how in thrall so many of its leaders were to globalism and open-border insanity. They do now.

Trump has realigned the Republican Party, and there is no going back any time soon ó not without completely destroying the party and likely the country in the process. That realignment has offset what looked to be a permanent demographic advantage for the Democrats as Trump's commonsense nationalism is chewing into voting blocs Democrats thought they had locked up for generations.

This is why the latest impeachment gambit is an act of pure weakness, a sign that the Democrats do not think they can beat Trump's message at the ballot box.

Trump's approval rating is at least 91% among Republicans. But that number tells only part of the story. That approval runs deep.

Why? Because Trump kept his promises to his voters. His record of accomplishment on the full gamut of issues that his voters care about is impressive. He has been the best Republican president of the modern era on what matters the most (energy independence, unleashing the economy, appointing Constitution-minded judges, keeping the U.S. from further foreign entanglements, advancing the pro-life cause, the Second Amendment, etc.).

A Trump-hating liberal colleague and friend asked me what Trump would have to do to lose my support. The answer was easy: abandon both his principles and his supporters. Judging from his splendid speeches last week in defense of religious freedom and serving the national interest, that is not going to happen. A national election is a binary proposition. It is simply not possible for Trump to devolve to the point where any of the current Democrat options would be preferable.

Republican voters are no longer going to tolerate globalists or Weekly StandardĖreading foreign adventurists. That era is gone. Those voters are all too aware of the rigged system that was passed off as free trade, even as the U.S. and working-class Americans were ripped off.

Any Republican politician who thinks his constituency is the media and not the voters is in for a rude awakening. Mitt Romney, who once all but rolled over onto his back so Candy Crowley would scratch his belly, has been one of the worst offenders. Apparently, Crowley is way scarier than Trump, since Romney did not have a bad word for her as she eviscerated his campaign.

Even though Utah is not among the most pro-Trump Republican states, Romney's approval is crashing among the broader Republican electorate. He is of that breed of Republican, following in the footsteps of George W. Bush and John McCain, who would not dare criticize a Democrat, reserving his fiercest barbs for a fellow Republican. Why? Because these politicians become addicted to being a hero in the media's story.

Romney is more Fredo than Lando, too foolish to realize how badly he is being used even as he listens to the media sirens calling from the rocks. It's bad enough when Republican voters see Democrats opposing Trump. But the way so many Republicans do it is disgraceful and dispiriting.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:37 AM

A few of us here have been saying all along that Romney and Ryan were RINOs. :whistling:

#3 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:03 AM

View PostRock N, on 28 September 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

A few of us here have been saying all along that Romney and Ryan were RINOs. :whistling:

It would probably be easier to number the real republicans than the rino's..I hope we get the house back in 2020..and, in a perfect world, primary a few of the McConnells POS's in the Senate.
Kestrel...

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:55 AM

View Postkestrel, on 28 September 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

It would probably be easier to number the real republicans than the rino's..I hope we get the house back in 2020..and, in a perfect world, primary a few of the McConnells POS's in the Senate.
Kestrel...

Well, that's the problem, isn't it? It's NEVER a perfect world, and whenever we DO have a majority in either chamber it's because we settle for what we can get rather than what we'd like to have.

#5 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

View PostRock N, on 28 September 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

I disagree but only as a matter of semantics.

YES, we've known all along what Romney and Ryan are. But when you get to a point where 98% of the party is no better, then it is time to drop the "In Name Only" part of it.

Romney and Ryan aren't "RINO", they're just "R".

I think I will start using the term "mere" Republicans or "merely" Republicans, in the sense of someone I don't really want or like but will merely "settle for" if they're the only way to keep a democrat out of that seat.

#6 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:02 PM

It is simply not possible for Trump to devolve to the point where any of the current Democrat options would be preferable.

:exactly:

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 28 September 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

YES, we've known all along what Romney and Ryan are. But when you get to a point where 98% of the party is no better, then it is time to drop the "In Name Only" part of it.

I think I will start using the term "mere" Republicans or "merely" Republicans, in the sense of someone I don't really want or like but will merely "settle for" if they're the only way to keep a democrat out of that seat.

Yet many here on this site were loudly cheering for them instead of/over Trump believing they were better conservatives. :no:

#8 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:24 PM

View PostRock N, on 28 September 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Yet many here on this site were loudly cheering for them instead of/over Trump believing they were better conservatives. :no:

Although this is true, many of those many have acknowledged that Trump is way better than they expected.

Itís better that people who were initially suspicious are now on board than not. I certainly have no ill feelings towards them. And, to be honest, Iíve moved on. Itís a better world on the right now, and Iím grateful for it.

#9 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 28 September 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

I use GOPe for the rinos and Republicans for the rest.

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:50 PM

View Postzurg, on 28 September 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Although this is true, many of those many have acknowledged that Trump is way better than they expected.

Itís better that people who were initially suspicious are now on board than not. I certainly have no ill feelings towards them. And, to be honest, Iíve moved on. Itís a better world on the right now, and Iím grateful for it.

Exactly, and thank you.

I have no problem admitting I was one of the reluctant ones. Sure I voted for Trump because I couldn't come up with any honorable alternative. (Vote for Hillary? Not for any inducement.) But I made no secret of the fact that I was dissatisfied with Trump, and seriously doubted whether he'd be a worthwhile president.

And now? I have no problem admitting how wrong I was. He's not just a "good" president - Nope, he's a great president. Voted for him reluctantly in '16, I'll be voting for him enthusiastically in '20.

:yes:

#11 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 28 September 2019 - 07:30 PM

View PostRock N, on 28 September 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

I will admit that in the '16 PRIMARY I liked Jeb BETTER than Bush. But... remember that at the time Trump hadn't yet PROVEN himself; He had a track record of supporting Dems including Hillary and except for an aborted run for Reform Party in '00 just before it imploded, there was nothing to establish otherwise. Conventional wisdom was that he was merely a 'stalking' horse for Hillary; either to take all the oxygen out of the Republican race and 'throw' the election to her, OR to become Hillary-Lite if elected.

I was wrong. DJT has since PROVEN himself, and I can accept that.

Still, though... Damn, Jeb! Just Damn. I liked him as FL Gov, voted for him not just once but twice, and honestly believed he was different than his dad or older brother. Well, I guess I was wrong about that too.

#12 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:31 PM

PRESID3NT Donald J. Trump didn't expose anyone in so much as they revealed their true selves.

#13 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:50 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 28 September 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

PRESID3NT Donald J. Trump didn't expose anyone in so much as they revealed their true selves.

He pushed them to do it however and I believe that he did that on purpose.

He got the rats to reveal themselves right out in the open in broad daylight for everyone to see.

He knows what he's doing. :yes:

#14 User is offline   Big Dave 

• ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 29 September 2019 - 06:31 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 28 September 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Exactly, and thank you.

I have no problem admitting I was one of the reluctant ones. Sure I voted for Trump because I couldn't come up with any honorable alternative. (Vote for Hillary? Not for any inducement.) But I made no secret of the fact that I was dissatisfied with Trump, and seriously doubted whether he'd be a worthwhile president.

And now? I have no problem admitting how wrong I was. He's not just a "good" president - Nope, he's a great president. Voted for him reluctantly in '16, I'll be voting for him enthusiastically in '20.

:yes:

I'm with you. My position has evolved--I was a Cruz supporter and glad he finally got on board with DJT--and while he may be inelegant, he has done more for the working people of this country of all colors than anyone since Reagan. And he has exposed our Republican Washington Generals for the duds they are. He has also persuaded others--Cruz and Graham come to mind--of the good he is doing. Causing the Dems to self-reveal their traitorous insanity has also been beneficial. Still not tired of winning! :party:

#15 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:20 AM

Yep, yep, yep. Voted for him, kicking and screaming & have since done a complete 180, thankfully.

#16 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:05 AM

I also wasn't that hot on him originally, I favored Cruz, but even when he got the nomination I liked how he made the Left's heads explode. I voted for him, honestly, how could I not? With Hillary as the other choice? But I have been very happily surprised with his accomplishments, even given the constant leaks and backstabbing and resistance to every single thing by the Dems and Leftist courts, he's still made great strides, especially in appointing federal judges.

I can't think of a single one of the 20 Democrat Dwarves who've been running who wouldn't be a serious existential threat to the country.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users