RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Pelosi Is Trying To Do Impeachment On The Cheap - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pelosi Is Trying To Do Impeachment On The Cheap Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:35 PM

Pelosi Is Trying To Do Impeachment On The Cheap

by Washington Examiner
October 02, 2019 12:00 AM

Excerpt:

If House Democrats really want to impeach President Trump, they should do it right. They should own it, as previous Congresses have done when impeaching previous presidents.

They should vote on the House floor to open a formal impeachment inquiry.

As long as they avoid this step, they evince a lack of faith that Trump deserves to be impeached. Without a vote, they are just going through the motions of impeachment but without taking responsibility for their actions.

When Congress began the impeachment process for Richard Nixon, it did so with a vote. When Congress began the impeachment process of Bill Clinton, it also did so with a vote.

The impeachment of Andrew Johnson in 1868 likewise began with a vote of the whole House on Feb. 24, just three days after Johnson's alleged transgression of firing Secretary of War Edwin Stanton. That affair was much more abrupt than any subsequent impeachment. Within a week of the initial decision and vote to impeach, articles of impeachment were approved and sent on to the Senate.

Still, even in that case, the House voted right at the beginning. It did not try to hide the ball from the voters, as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is doing now.

Pelosi is not violating any specific House rule. But in initiating the impeachment inquiry on her own supposed authority, she has defied historical precedent and the traditional understanding of how impeachments are supposed to work. As Quin Hillyer noted earlier this week, the official House historian explains the subject as follows: “Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry.” There is nothing here about the House speaker opening an impeachment inquiry by fiat.

It's very clear why Pelosi is shielding her members from accountability. She is riding the tiger of a Democratic Party base that has been looking for an excuse to impeach Trump since before he was even inaugurated. On the one hand, Pelosi cannot afford to offend the enraged Left by putting off impeachment any longer. On the other hand, she is trying to protect dozens of vulnerable House Democrats, who will face grave consequences at the voters' hands if they are perceived to have participated willingly in a frivolous or unwarranted impeachment inquiry.

*snip*

Full Editorial

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:15 PM

Pelosi's trying to walk the fence between pleasing her fanatically-blind base, and protecting Dems in upcoming races.

But she doesn't have the balance of the average fence-walking alley cat. She's gonna hafta fall fully onto one side or the other eventually. I'd say I "feel sorry for her", except I don't. She's about as slimy and dishonest and hypocritical and such as they come.

<_<

#3 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:15 PM

To be sure, "SAN FRAN NAN" knows how the political winds blow but tickling the tail of the dragon can result in getting torched!
Only thing worse than a child molester is a politician!

#4 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:08 PM

Impeachment without a vote yet PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump is the one who is "lawless" and doesn't act within "norms".

On a related note, Pencil Neck is now claiming that he has a "dossier" from Deutsche Bank that highlights Trump's financial activities and tax records. You know, because soliciting dirt on one's political enemies from a foreign agent is not an impeachable offense when you're a Democrat. The more this ""inquiry" drags on, the more it stinks like a pile of Schiff.

This whole thing is a set-up. Given the number of players, this is a conspiracy. Trump will not be impeached. However, the conspirators will never be held accountable for sedition. Hell, they will be reelected to their Congressional seats for years to come.

#5 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

View PostUSMCforever60, on 02 October 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

To be sure, "SAN FRAN NAN" knows how the political winds blow but tickling the tail of the dragon can result in getting torched!
Only thing worse than a child molester is a politician!

Unless it's a child molesting politician, like Epstein's buddies.

#6 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:00 AM

BoogerGate

#7 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:12 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 October 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Pelosi's trying to walk the fence between pleasing her fanatically-blind base, and protecting Dems in upcoming races.

But she doesn't have the balance of the average fence-walking alley cat. She's gonna hafta fall fully onto one side or the other eventually. I'd say I "feel sorry for her", except I don't. She's about as slimy and dishonest and hypocritical and such as they come.

<_<

She calls it an 'impeachment inquiry', becuase that way no one has to actually vote for it or not. If they actually had to vote one way or the other, you could hold their 'feet to the fire' next election time around.

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

View PostASE, on 03 October 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

She calls it an 'impeachment inquiry', becuase that way no one has to actually vote for it or not. If they actually had to vote one way or the other, you could hold their 'feet to the fire' next election time around.

Exactly. She's not only corrupt and dishonest and all that, she's also a coward.

<_<

#9 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:25 PM

Pretty much sums up most of 'em - they are brave within their herd or in dark corners or behind walls of secrecy. (the old excuse "we can't comment on that" or "we can't reveal the person's identity due to pending investigation / litigation" yeah, riiiiiiight <_< )

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users