RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Tlaib: House Dems Are Strategizing Use Of DC Police To Arrest Trump - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tlaib: House Dems Are Strategizing Use Of DC Police To Arrest Trump Administration Officials, Or Something Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:55 AM

Tlaib: House Dems Are Strategizing Use Of DC Police To Arrest Trump Administration Officials, Or Something

HotAir
Ed Morrissey
Posted at 2:01 pm on October 4, 2019

Excerpt:

Nothing says defending institutional norms better than, er … a caucus in the House of Representatives gaming out the arrests of executive-branch officials. What? According to frosh Squad member Rep. Rashida Tlaib in a Detroit town hall meeting this week, that’s the topic du jour in House Democrat caucus meetings. What do you do when your contempt motions don’t have any impact any more?

The Free Beacon broke the story late yesterday, and our colleague and pal Katie Pavlich provides more reporting on this video acquired by the conservative group America Rising:

During a town hall meeting with constituents in Michigan this week, Democratic Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib agreed that U.S. Marshals should “hunt down” White House officials and remove them from office if they “refuse to leave power.” This includes President Trump.

The idea was suggested by a man questioning Tlaib, who nodded in agreement, and then admitted Democrats on Capitol Hill have been having a discussion about who can arrest administration officials and where they could be held.

“This is the last caucus conversation we’ve had. Did you know this is really unprecedented? This is the worst time we’ve ever had a situation like this. They’re trying to figure out, no joke, is it the DC police that goes and gets them?” Tlaib said. “Where do we hold them? Like, I’m not in those kinds of conversations but I’m asking, what happens?”

“I’m telling you, they’re trying to be like, ‘Well where are we going put them? Where are we going to hold…'” she continued, suggesting they can be held in Detroit. “What happens when they don’t comply? The fact of the matter is we held Barr and Secretary Ross from Commerce, the Secretary of Commerce, in contempt. Well, what happens if they continue to not comply?”

Oh, I don’t know … maybe we can ask Barack Obama’s wingman Eric Holder. This isn’t really uncharted territory, after all; the House passed a contempt citation against the former Attorney General for refusing to comply with subpoenas relating to Operation Fast and Furious. That was an ATF/Department of Justice scandal in which hundreds people actually were killed, including two Border Patrol agents, with weapons trafficked by the ATF across the border into Mexico. Holder’s response was to stonewall and claim executive privilege, and then shrug off the contempt citation after it was passed by the full House. Sound familiar yet?

No? How about Obama’s DoJ — run by Holder, of course — deciding not to prosecute the contempt charge? Not even after Juan “El Chapo” Guzman was found with a .50-caliber Fast & Furious weapon. Not even after a federal judge quashed the executive-privilege claim, for that matter. Will House Democrats finally send out the DC police to pick up Holder? Don’t bet on it.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:03 AM

https://www.jeandrayovitch.com/wp-content/uploads/20130102_190411.jpg

horserace says what?

#3 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:57 AM

View PostLiz, on 05 October 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

“I’m telling you, they’re trying to be like, ‘Well where are we going put them? Where are we going to hold…'” she continued, suggesting they can be held in Detroit.

Considering how much the Detroit police dislike Tlaib, I doubt that'll be something anyone has to worry about

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:42 AM

“This is the last caucus conversation we’ve had. Did you know this is really unprecedented? This is the worst time we’ve ever had a situation like this. They’re trying to figure out, no joke, is it the DC police that goes and gets them?” Tlaib said. “Where do we hold them? Like, I’m not in those kinds of conversations but I’m asking, what happens?”

These are the frustrations of every despot trying to figure out how to stage a coup...

#5 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:10 AM

What a crazy self absorbed bitch. Son’s, stay away from that one.

#6 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:12 AM

The stupid bitch doesn't know the difference between the DC police and the US Marshalls either. :no:

The DC police are city cops and have no authority in such matters.

That's about as stupid as calling this United States a democracy while we never were one.

#7 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:25 AM

We missed a golden opportunity. If only that baby eating lady had shown up at Tlaib's townhall........there is a very good chance that Tlaib would have agreed with her. This lady is a whackjob.

#8 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

View PostDutch13, on 05 October 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

We missed a golden opportunity. If only that baby eating lady had shown up at Tlaib's townhall........there is a very good chance that Tlaib would have agreed with her. This lady is a whackjob.

That would have been epic!!

#9 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:15 AM

We can only hope this filthy bitch is rendered unemployed next election. Along with that other retard AOC

#10 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

I do wonder how the Secret Service would handle something like that. I also hope President Trump has some of his own security people there as well. You never know... :whistling:

#11 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:57 PM

View PostRedSoloCup, on 05 October 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

We can only hope this filthy bitch is rendered unemployed next election. Along with that other retard AOC

The only way she looses her seat is if the Dems put up a viable black challenger. Then she is out. Otherwise, she is in for good.

#12 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:15 AM

View Posterp, on 05 October 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

The only way she looses her seat is if the Dems put up a viable black challenger. Then she is out. Otherwise, she is in for good.

Ain't identity politics and non-white racism fun?

#13 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:31 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 06 October 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

Ain't identity politics and non-white racism fun?

And predictable?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users