RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: US diplomat's wife suspected of involvement in fatal road crash ha - RightNation.US

US diplomat's wife suspected of involvement in fatal road crash ha Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

Sky News

(excerpt)

'The parents of a teenager who was killed in a head-on collision say they are "utterly broken" after the suspect, a US citizen, claimed diplomatic immunity and left the country.

Harry Dunn, 19, was killed in an accident near RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire on 27 August. It is an American spy base.

Police told Sky News that their initial findings show that Harry was riding his motorbike on the correct side of the road, but that a woman, who pulled out of the airbase onto the wrong side of the carriageway, hit him head-on. He suffered multiple injuries and died later in hospital.

Sky News can reveal that the suspect is the wife of a US diplomat who claimed diplomatic immunity following the incident.'

http://news.sky.com/...eft-uk-11827518

:redhot:

Get this bitch back on the first plane to the UK. By force if necessary.
Disgusting.

This post has been edited by scotsman: 05 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

#2 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:22 AM

If the right people raise enough hell about it, her diplomatic immunity can be revoked.

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:37 AM

Proof that US "diplomats" aka State Dept types can be as corrupt and disgusting as any. It seems to go with the territory, that of being shielded from responsibility for actions. While I understand the concept of diplomatic immunity, cases like these are hard to swallow.

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:18 PM

View PostSeverian, on 05 October 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

Proof that US "diplomats" aka State Dept types can be as corrupt and disgusting as any. It seems to go with the territory, that of being shielded from responsibility for actions. While I understand the concept of diplomatic immunity, cases like these are hard to swallow.

Indeed. Diplomatic Immunity exists for one reason only: to prevent the host country from fabricating charges against the diplomat or his family as leverage; it was never meant as a "get out of jail free" card.

It IS possible for the home country to revoke the immunity, though I'm struggling to find any recent case of the USA having done so with a US diplomat or family member. Other countries have done it though. From July of this year:

Holy See waives diplomatic immunity for accused nuncio to France
Vatican City, Jul 8, 2019 / 11:07 am (Catholic News Agency).-

The Holy See has announced it has revoked the diplomatic immunity of the apostolic nuncio to France, Archbishop Luigi Ventura, clearing the way for the diplomat to face criminal charges in that country.

In a July 8 statement, interim head of Vatican communications Alessandro Gisotti confirmed that the archbishop’s immunity had been waived. “I can confirm that the Holy See renounces jurisdictional immunity enjoyed by the Apostolic Nuncio in France, Msgr. Luigi Ventura, by virtue of the Vienna Convention of 18 April 1961 on diplomatic relations, for the purposes of criminal proceedings concerning him,” Gisotti said...

CNA Story

#5 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:02 PM

Same thing that happened when Matthew Broderick killed a woman and child when he was drunk driving on the wrong side of the road in Scotland. He was able to claim diplomatic immunity with his acting career intact.

#6 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:14 PM

This kind of stuff unfortunately happens all around the world. Saudi diplomats are pretty famous for horrible driving and accidents. The whole system of diplomatic immunity needs reformed.

#7 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:01 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 05 October 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

Same thing that happened when Matthew Broderick killed a woman and child when he was drunk driving on the wrong side of the road in Scotland. He was able to claim diplomatic immunity with his acting career intact.

It was Northern Ireland. Enniskillen in 1987 ironically of all times and places. And he didn't claim any immunity, you cant as an artist/performer, he was convicted in the local court of dangerous driving and fined.

This post has been edited by scotsman: 06 October 2019 - 10:04 AM

#8 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostModerator T, on 05 October 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

This kind of stuff unfortunately happens all around the world. Saudi diplomats are pretty famous for horrible driving and accidents. The whole system of diplomatic immunity needs reformed.

Oh lord. We had Saudis at the Naval Training Center I went to tech school with back in the day. They weren't just horrible drivers but A-holes as well. I mean, they could out-snoot even the French at snooti-ness. I've never met a single one that I could call a "friend". And that's SAYING something because I have at least a dozen friends in the ME: UAE, Oman, Bangladesh, even a couple of Pathans from Pakistan/Afghanistan. But no Saudis. They're all a-holes.

#9 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:09 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 06 October 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

Oh lord. We had Saudis at the Naval Training Center I went to tech school with back in the day. They weren't just horrible drivers but A-holes as well. I mean, they could out-snoot even the French at snooti-ness. I've never met a single one that I could call a "friend". And that's SAYING something because I have at least a dozen friends in the ME: UAE, Oman, Bangladesh, even a couple of Pathans from Pakistan/Afghanistan. But no Saudis. They're all a-holes.

You and me both. All of them that I have met are arrogant, entitled a-holes. They are also the biggest hypocrites in the Muslim world. Who frequents all the bars and clubs in Bahrain? Saudis. Bahrain is in an Allah blind zone.

View Postscotsman, on 05 October 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Sky News

(excerpt)

'The parents of a teenager who was killed in a head-on collision say they are "utterly broken" after the suspect, a US citizen, claimed diplomatic immunity and left the country.

Harry Dunn, 19, was killed in an accident near RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire on 27 August. It is an American spy base.

Police told Sky News that their initial findings show that Harry was riding his motorbike on the correct side of the road, but that a woman, who pulled out of the airbase onto the wrong side of the carriageway, hit him head-on. He suffered multiple injuries and died later in hospital.

Sky News can reveal that the suspect is the wife of a US diplomat who claimed diplomatic immunity following the incident.'

Disgusting.

I agree. I hope they raise holy heck and drag her back across the pond.

#10 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:35 AM

View Postscotsman, on 05 October 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Sky News

(excerpt)

Disgusting.

This kind of crap from diplomats and families needs to stop asap. Can't guarantee that she will be sent back, but I can tell you that with the current President chances are a whole lot better than with past ones(Presidents). My guess is the b$tch was probably drunk and had been getting away with other crap for some time.

#11 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:08 AM

Diplomats think they are so special.

#12 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:48 AM

View Postoki, on 07 October 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

This kind of crap from diplomats and families needs to stop asap. Can't guarantee that she will be sent back, but I can tell you that with the current President chances are a whole lot better than with past ones(Presidents). My guess is the b$tch was probably drunk and had been getting away with other crap for some time.

I doubt if she was drunk. Not many places to drink on the small US used RAF bases in the UK. I think she just gooned up her pull out, did an American brain fart on the whole which side of the road thing, and didn't see the bike like lots of drivers don't.

I am, however, amazed that the Ambassador and staff let her flee the UK..unless they just got a plane without telling anyone.

#13 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:52 AM

View PostJerryL, on 07 October 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

I doubt if she was drunk. Not many places to drink on the small US used RAF bases in the UK. I think she just gooned up her pull out, did an American brain fart on the whole which side of the road thing, and didn't see the bike like lots of drivers don't.

I am, however, amazed that the Ambassador and staff let her flee the UK..unless they just got a plane without telling anyone.

Yeah, I could very well be wrong on the drunk part, and yeah I can see getting on the wrong side. Did that a time or two when I first started driving in Japan. But still, YOU JUST HIT SOMEONE FOR GOD'S SAKES!!! Unless there was some extreme negligence or stupidity it's unlikely she would face jail time over an a honest but terrible accident.
Per getting the next flight out.... easy when you have tons of cash available and will pay 2 or 3 grand for what is normally a $600 ticket(just throwing numbers) but that's how it usually goes for same or next day flights like this. Either way her ass needs to be on a flight back to the U.K. ASAP

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

‘Diplomatic immunity’ in doubt.
https://nypost.com/2...in-teens-death/

#15 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:52 AM

JerryL, on 07 October 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

She drove somewhere in the region of 500y on the wrong side. Even the lad's family see it as an accident (not sure I agree btw) and don't blame her for his death, but are disgusted by her flight. And a lot of the anger here in the UK is that she told the police she would stay, then left.

The UK press, right and left, is pointing out the US demanded a Georgian diplomat who killed an American in a very similar accident in 1997 be returned, and got their way.

As Ladybird rightly pointed out, the UK press has also ferreted out info that the husband isn't a reg. diplomat and that what she had done in fleeing is actually a criminal offence.

#16 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:58 AM

Accident my arse.

https://nypost.com/2...efore-uk-crash/

#17 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

scotsman, on 09 October 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

If you all would only start driving on the right side of the road things like this could b avoided. :sorry:

#18 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:38 PM

Severian, on 09 October 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

If you all would only start driving on the right side of the road things like this could b avoided. :sorry:

I wonder if she was driving a car with right steering wheel. Honestly I would avoid driving in England unless it was an emergency.

#19 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:41 PM

Ladybird, on 09 October 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

I wonder if she was driving a car with right steering wheel. Honestly I would avoid driving in England unless it was an emergency.

:yeahthat:

Taxis and rail are ubiquitous.

#20 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:32 PM

She needs to go back, voluntarily or otherwise.

I also avoid driving in countries who haven't yet figured out proper lane direction. ;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users