RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Political Stunts Have Trickled Down - RightNation.US

Political Stunts Have Trickled Down Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:03 AM

I would like to offer a proposition for Right Nation readers to debate: That political stunts have trickled down.

A political stunt is fakery for the cameras. When George H. Bush held up a bag of illegal drugs for the cameras, drugs he claimed had been bought and sold in Lafayette Park across the street from the White House, it was a political stunt. The undercover DEA had asked the drug dealer to make the sale at the park. He didn't know how to get there until the DEA's gave him directions. When the journos objected to Bush's political stunt, he naturally accused them of being sympathetic to drug pushers. More recently, Congressman Steve Cohen ridicule Attorney General Barr by bringing a bucket of fried chicken and a chicken figurine to the House chamber when Barr had canceled his appearance. Joaquin Castro, brother of the Dem presidential candidate, posted the names of Trump donors on the Twitter website. Obama's "beer summit" with Prof. Henry Gates and the policeman who "acted stupidly" in arresting Gates for disorderly conduct was a political stunt by Obama. And we saw it on television, didn't we?

What is different today is that it isn't just the politicians who are doing political stunts. The commoners have taken up the practice.

Twelve-year-old Amari Allen claimed that she had been attacked by racist white boys at the Immanuel Christian School in Alexandria, Virginia. She claimed that they had pinned her down and cut her hair. Particularly because the Vice-President's wife teaches at that school, her claim got camera time on NBC, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, and any number of other news outlets. Miss Allen got a personal message of support from Congressman Rashida Tlaib (D-NeverNeverLand). Last Monday, she admitted she had made the whole thing up. Now, where would a twelve year old girl get the idea of perpetrating a hate crime hoax? Unless some adult put her up to it, she got the idea from television. Her hate crime hoax is a twelve year old girl's version of a political stunt.

Showing up at Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing in a costume from the movie "The Handmaid's Tale" was a political stunt by feminists who do not hold political office. Having a rich but neurotic Swedish teenager address the UN on climate change was a political stunt by a person who does not hold any political office. The Antifa's antics, though often dangerous and thuggish, are basically political stunts by people who are not politicians.

If politics is show business for ugly people, then this succession of political stunts by amateurs is not what the latter imagine it, "America's Got Talent." Instead, it is a political "Gong Show."

#2 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:42 AM

Yeah I agree, but the audience gets a vote too, and these actors suck.

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

Eloquent and observant commentary.

#4 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

View Postzurg, on 06 October 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Yeah I agree, but the audience gets a vote too, and these actors suck.

In the case of Jussie Smollett, do you mean that figuratively or literally?

#5 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostSeverian, on 06 October 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Eloquent and observant commentary.

:blush:

It hasn't been long enough even by today's microsecond attention span for people to have forgotten the LaRouchie woman who ranted at an AOC townhall about the necessity of eating babies. She did not mean it seriously. It was just a stunt for the cameras. Same week, some Antifa dingbat harassed an elderly couple trying to cross a street at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. The punks shouted at them, "Nazi scum! Off our streets!" It doesn't make much sense other than as a stunt. [img]http://https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/3/antifa-hit-backlash-canada-over-granny-bullying-af/[/img]

Two days ago, some global warm-mongers filled a decommissioned fire truck with fake blood and used its pumps to try to spray fake blood all over the Treasury Building in London. They failed to realize how powerful a fire hose is. They lost control of it and the hose flew out of their hands, gushing the fake blood all over the street like a giant boa constrictor vomiting fake blood. The political purpose of the stunt was to encourage the UK to achieve zero carbon emissions by 2025.

During the September debate among Democratic Presidential candidates, some Greenpeace sh!theads swung from the Hartman Bridge over the Houston Ship Channel and succeeded in closing ship channel traffic for a few hours. The ostensible purpose of this was to discourage pollution and the use of fossil fuels. They could have done it any day of the year but they chose to do it in the same city, on the same day, that the Democratic candidates appeared on television in Houston.

If the ostensible purpose were the real one, the promoters of such antics would ask themselves how effective they were. How many people stopped burning or refining fossil fuel because some agitators swung from the Hartman Bridge? How many real Nazis abandoned their movement because some black-clad punks harassed an old couple crossing a street? Did spraying a London street with fake blood actually advance the cause of converting to renewable energy, or not? If the real purpose were not to change people's minds but to impress those who already agree with you, then by that standard these political stunts can be successful. If you want to hear a loud "Amen", you preach to the choir.

#6 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostMartin, on 06 October 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

It hasn't been long enough even by today's microsecond attention span for people to have forgotten the LaRouchie woman who ranted at an AOC townhall about the necessity of eating babies. She did not mean it seriously. It was just a stunt for the cameras. Same week, some Antifa dingbat harassed an elderly couple trying to cross a street at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. The punks shouted at them, "Nazi scum! Off our streets!" It doesn't make much sense other than as a stunt. [img]http://https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/3/antifa-hit-backlash-canada-over-granny-bullying-af/[/img]

Two days ago, some global warm-mongers filled a decommissioned fire truck with fake blood and used its pumps to try to spray fake blood all over the Treasury Building in London. They failed to realize how powerful a fire hose is. They lost control of it and the hose flew out of their hands, gushing the fake blood all over the street like a giant boa constrictor vomiting fake blood. The political purpose of the stunt was to encourage the UK to achieve zero carbon emissions by 2025.

During the September debate among Democratic Presidential candidates, some Greenpeace sh!theads swung from the Hartman Bridge over the Houston Ship Channel and succeeded in closing ship channel traffic for a few hours. The ostensible purpose of this was to discourage pollution and the use of fossil fuels. They could have done it any day of the year but they chose to do it in the same city, on the same day, that the Democratic candidates appeared on television in Houston.

If the ostensible purpose were the real one, the promoters of such antics would ask themselves how effective they were. How many people stopped burning or refining fossil fuel because some agitators swung from the Hartman Bridge? How many real Nazis abandoned their movement because some black-clad punks harassed an old couple crossing a street? Did spraying a London street with fake blood actually advance the cause of converting to renewable energy, or not? If the real purpose were not to change people's minds but to impress those who already agree with you, then by that standard these political stunts can be successful. If you want to hear a loud "Amen", you preach to the choir.

Also this week, two conservative activists failed miserably at smearing Elizabeth Warren as a sex starved sadist who robs the cradle.
https://heavy.com/ne...-warren-affair/

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 02:31 PM

View PostMartin, on 06 October 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

In the case of Jussie Smollett, do you mean that figuratively or literally?

Maybe both .... :lol:

#8 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

View PostLadybird, on 06 October 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Also this week, two conservative activists failed miserably at smearing Elizabeth Warren as a sex starved sadist who robs the cradle.
https://heavy.com/ne...-warren-affair/

? Conservative activists??? Never heard of them. A couple of bumbling idiots doing satire is a very crappy attempt at derailing Martinís excellent summary with a meaningless whataboutism that is a new low even for you.

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

View Postzurg, on 06 October 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

? Conservative activists??? Never heard of them. A couple of bumbling idiots doing satire is a very crappy attempt at derailing Martinís excellent summary with a meaningless whataboutism that is a new low even for you.

Martin listed activities from this week. I added another.

I donít know why you havenít heard of them. I have posted their handiwork before.

https://www.usatoday...man/3623084002/
https://www.thedaily...-robert-mueller
https://www.gq.com/s...hl-goofus-redux

#10 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:08 PM

View PostLadybird, on 06 October 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Martin listed activities from this week. I added another.

I donít know why you havenít heard of them. I have posted their handiwork before.

https://www.usatoday...man/3623084002/
https://www.thedaily...-robert-mueller
https://www.gq.com/s...hl-goofus-redux

After having seen the first stupid link you posted, I have zero interest in adding to these moronsí click count.

But you just canít help yourself, can you?

#11 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:03 PM

View Postzurg, on 06 October 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

After having seen the first stupid link you posted, I have zero interest in adding to these moronsí click count.

Meh. Some people did something.

#12 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

View PostLadybird, on 06 October 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Also this week, two conservative activists failed miserably at smearing Elizabeth Warren as a sex starved sadist who robs the cradle. https://heavy.com/ne...-warren-affair/

I had not yet heard of this particular load of garbage, Ladybird. I am grateful you pointed it out since it serves to illustrate my point. Political stunts are by no means limited to liberals. The first example I cited was George H. Bush displaying the merchandise of a staged drug buy.

Are liberals more given to political stunts or does it merely seem that way because the undeniably liberal MSM is more inclined to give left wing causes more camera time? The journos have complained loud and long that Trump has called them a "public enemy" and accused him of inciting violence against them. It's an attack on a free press, they warned. Yet, when some Antifa punks beat up a right wing journo (they do exist) named Andy Ngo badly enough to give him a brain injury, the other journos ignored this assault with mayhem on a reporter. Why? Why does the MSM provide as ready an amplifier for racial hoaxes as it does real racial outrages? Are they just suckers or does their left wing editorial slant encourage this?

#13 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostMartin, on 06 October 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

I had not yet heard of this particular load of garbage, Ladybird. I am grateful you pointed it out since it serves to illustrate my point. Political stunts are by no means limited to liberals. The first example I cited was George H. Bush displaying the merchandise of a staged drug buy.

Are liberals more given to political stunts or does it merely seem that way because the undeniably liberal MSM is more inclined to give left wing causes more camera time? The journos have complained loud and long that Trump has called them a "public enemy" and accused him of inciting violence against them. It's an attack on a free press, they warned. Yet, when some Antifa punks beat up a right wing journo (they do exist) named Andy Ngo badly enough to give him a brain injury, the other journos ignored this assault with mayhem on a reporter. Why? Why does the MSM provide as ready an amplifier for racial hoaxes as it does real racial outrages? Are they just suckers or does their left wing editorial slant encourage this?

LB's mission here is to (in her mind) even the score. . .

#14 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:33 PM

:exactly:

:yeahthat:

#15 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 06 October 2019 - 06:01 PM

View PostMartin, on 06 October 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

View Postmjperry51, on 06 October 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

:exactly:

#16 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:30 AM

View Postmjperry51, on 06 October 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

If so, then I welcome her comments. It is good to hear another point of view as long as it is well-reasoned and based on facts. Ladybird's comments usually are.

Getting back to my question, does the left wing slant of most news media especially amplify and thus especially encourage political stunts by liberals? One of the MSM's great weaknesses is the cowardly way they handle corrections. They print the sensational story, like the girl being forcibly haircut by racist white boys in her school, on the front page. Then, when the story turns out to be a hoax, they print the correction somewhere at the bottom of page twelve. That is, if they print a correction at all. In one case, CNN reported a "bombshell" that during the 2016 campaign Trump and his campaign had gotten access to DNC e-mails hacked by Wikileaks. It wasn't true. The Trump campaign merely got access to e-mails which had already been made public. After CNN broadcast the erroneous "bombshell" on the air, they wrote the correction on their website. This is...CNN!

#17 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:24 AM

View PostMartin, on 07 October 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

If so, then I welcome her comments. It is good to hear another point of view as long as it is well-reasoned and based on facts. Ladybird's comments usually are.

:bs:

Her comments RARELY are based on RELEVANT facts. Theyíre whataboutism and theothersidedoesittoo.

Wake up dude. Youíve been on RN long enough. In the end though, your choice.

#18 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:06 AM

This whole thing started in the 60's, though the current crop of self absorbed, entitled, vain, narcissistic participation trophy winners have driven it into overdrive.

Back in the 60s it was the "folk song." Tom Lehrer wrote:

We are the folk song army,
Every one of us cares,
We all hate poverty, war, and injustice,
Unlike the rest of you squares.
If you feel dissatisfaction,
Strum your frustrations away,
Some people may prefer action,
But, but give me a folk song any old day.

#19 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:50 AM

View PostSeverian, on 07 October 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

This whole thing started in the 60's, though the current crop of self absorbed, entitled, vain, narcissistic participation trophy winners have driven it into overdrive.

Back in the 60s it was the "folk song." Tom Lehrer wrote:

We are the folk song army,
Every one of us cares,
We all hate poverty, war, and injustice,
Unlike the rest of you squares.
If you feel dissatisfaction,
Strum your frustrations away,
Some people may prefer action,
But, but give me a folk song any old day.

And last night I watched an old Smothers Brothers rerun specifically because it included an early TV appearance by Simon & Garfunkel. Doesn't get much "folkier" than Simon & Garfunkel & The Smothers Brothers, LOL.

Anyhow, a short on-topic comment:

Yes, the left is clearly more amenable to political stunts, and no, I haven't noticed any abatement thereof.

B)

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 07 October 2019 - 12:47 PM

#20 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:06 PM

Protesters stage 'die-in' at Wall Street bull statue, cover it with blood and climb atop it

https://stocksnewsfe..._medium=twitter

[font=&amp]A group of protesters calling for climate change vandalized the iconic Wall Street charging bull on Monday, pouring red paint while climbing atop it. The protesters responsible belong to an organization called Extinction Rebellion, which organized a demonstration starting at 10 a.m. ET on Monday in 60 cities worldwide, according to its website. The protests are slated to last two weeks.[/font]

"To governments of the world, we declared a Climate and Ecological Emergency. You did not do enough," Extinction Rebellion's website said. "Together, we will peacefully occupy the centers of power and shut them down until governments act on the Climate and Ecological Emergency."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Too late, swampy. Wall Street was already Occupied eight years ago. The campers in Zuccotti Park wrote a book about it, "This Changes Everything." Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose.
[font=arial,verdana,tahoma,sans-serif] Edited to add: In "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", King Arthur cuts both arms and one leg off the Black Knight. When the latter insists on continuing the fight, the King asks him, "What are you going to do, bleed on me?" Two days ago, some eco-punks tried to spray fake blood all over the Treasury Building in London and succeeded only in spraying it all over the street. The eco-punks of New York City answered that by pouring fake blood all over the bull statue on Wall Street and lying down around it. So, to answer the King's question in the movie, :"Yes, bleeding all over you is what they intend to do and if you walk right past them, they will say, 'All right, we'll call it a draw.'"[/font]

This post has been edited by Martin: 07 October 2019 - 01:32 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users