RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: American Airlines Muslim mechanic 全ABOTAGED a Florida plane with 150 - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

American Airlines Muslim mechanic 全ABOTAGED a Florida plane with 150 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:12 AM

MIAMI: American Airlines Muslim mechanic 全ABOTAGED a Florida plane with 150 passengers on board
Geller Report
By Pamela Geller
September 6, 2019

AMERICAN AIRLINES MECHANIC 全ABOTAGED A FLORIDA PLANE WITH 150 PASSENGERS ON BOARD BY STOPPING THE AUTOMATIC PILOTING SYSTEM SO THAT HE COULD GET OVERTIME
  • Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani is accused of sabotaging a plane in Florida
  • He allegedly glued foam inside a tube to stop the aircraft痴 navigation system
  • This would have forced the pilot to fly manually with data from the plane
  • An alert was triggered as the pilot started engines and the sabotage discovered
  • Alani allegedly did it to get overtime after stalled contract negotiations

An American Airlines mechanic has been accused of sabotaging a plane with 150 passengers aboard after allegedly being upset over stalled contract negotiations.

ABDUL-MAJEED MAROUF AHMED ALANI IS CLAIMED TO HAVE GLUED FOAM INSIDE A TUBE THAT WOULD DISABLE NAVIGATION SYSTEMS IN AN AIRCRAFT AT MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, IN FLORIDA.
The veteran employee allegedly tampered with the plane to cause a delay or have the flight cancelled 訴n anticipation of obtaining overtime, Miami Herald reported.

Luckily no passengers were injured on the flight set for Nassau, Bahamas, on July 17, because an alert was triggered as the pilot powered up the plane痴 engines. Alani was arrested and is due to appear at Miami Federal court charged with 層illfully damaging, destroying or disabling an aircraft. The damage was noticed as the pilot fired the plane痴 engines before taking off to Nassau, the Bahamas from Miami International Airport. The criminal complaint was launched after TSA federal air marshals claim to have identified Alani, while reviewing video footage.

During the alleged seven-minute sabotage, the defendant is believed to have deliberately caused an obstruction with a hard foam material, the Herald wrote.

Three other AA mechanics, who were with him during the claimed attack, allegedly helped investigators to identify Alani, who walks with a limp.

If an alarm wasn稚 sounded on flight No. 2834 the pilot would have been forced to fly the plane manually. The air data module that was affected reports aircraft speed, pitch and other critical flight data, according to the affidavit.

<snip>

LINK

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:56 AM

If an alarm wasn稚 sounded on flight No. 2834 the pilot would have been forced to fly the plane manually.

:o

#3 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:07 PM

What I had read in a different report is that he did it with the intention that he would get overtime. Something that has or was lacking with a labor strike.
It came out later that he may have ties to certain elements over seas.

#4 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

It doesn稚 matter how computer smart a plane is...if you shove something into the pitot tubes, you池e going to have trouble getting off the ground without crashing.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:02 PM

View Postoki, on 08 October 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

What I had read in a different report is that he did it with the intention that he would get overtime. Something that has or was lacking with a labor strike.

That was pointed out in this report too. Note the fifth "bullet point" at the top of the opening article.

B)

#6 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 October 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

That was pointed out in this report too. Note the fifth "bullet point" at the top of the opening article.

B)

Don't know how I missed that.

Was it terrorism? So far nothing is pointing to it, bad none the less, but nothing meant to harm people.
Time will tell though.

#7 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:16 PM

View Postoki, on 08 October 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

Don't know how I missed that.

Was it terrorism? So far nothing is pointing to it, bad none the less, but nothing meant to harm people.
Time will tell though.

There were subsequent reports.
https://www.local10....prosecutors-say

Surprised Gellar missed this..

#8 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostLadybird, on 08 October 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Me too..I guess some people miss some things...:):)
Kestrel...

#9 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:03 PM

Whatever his reasons were, and just to play a form of devil's advocate, imagine being Muslim or having similar name/features AND being dumb enough to do stupid things like this, but only to get some overtime to pay for some new toy, and pay off some bills. You are always going to be behind the eight-ball when you get caught, trying to explain it was just a dumb idea. The phone calls your mom/dad/extended family make back home automatically have you on a list anyways.

(I'm not saying one way or the other why, just musing over what it would be like to just happen to be Muslim and really stupid.)

#10 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:50 PM

View PostLadybird, on 08 October 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Yea. I'm dubious of anything Pamela Geller puts out ...

So you're not alone this time.

:)

#11 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:10 PM

View PostTikk, on 09 October 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

Yea. I'm dubious of anything Pamela Geller puts out ...

So you're not alone this time.

:)

If you click the link, you'll see that the original report came from the UK Daily Mail, not Geller herself

#12 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:57 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 09 October 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

If you click the link, you'll see that the original report came from the UK Daily Mail, not Geller herself

True.

Then you posted the article incorrectly.

She just added "Overtime? Get real." Which you did not include in what you posted.

So what you posted was from the Daily Mail and not

Geller Report
By Pamela Geller
September 6, 2019

ETA: And if the Geller Report included a link to the original article, I must have missed it.

This post has been edited by Tikk: 09 October 2019 - 11:00 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users