RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trey Gowdy Has Signed On To Help Trump Through Impeachment Inquiry - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trey Gowdy Has Signed On To Help Trump Through Impeachment Inquiry Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:15 PM

Trey Gowdy Has Signed On To Help Trump Through Impeachment Inquiry: Report

Washington Examiner
by Ellie Bufkin
Updated Oct 08, 2019, 07:49 PM

Excerpt:

Former Rep. Trey Gowdy has agreed to a request from the White House to assist President Trump as the Democrat-led impeachment inquiry moves forward.

Though initial reports claimed that Gowdy had declined an invite from the White House to participate in the president's defense, the former GOP representative of South Carolina is now on board to assist, according to Law & Crime.

Gowdy was approached by the White House this week as potential legal counsel for Trump as he prepares to fight against an impeachment investigation stemming from a July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, according to a report from CNN. Though Gowdy is an accomplished attorney, the nature of his involvement in Trump's fight against impeachment is not immediately clear.

"Confirmed, per a senior White House official, who says Trump has blessed the move," Washington Post White House reporter Josh Dawsey tweeted on Tuesday night. "Trey Gowdy is on the Trump team."

*snip*

Gowdy has also suggested that Schiff should be called as a "fact witness" for his potential prior knowledge of the call.

Link

#2 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:17 PM

Nice.

Always liked Gowdy's ability to clearly communicate and cut past the BS

#3 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:11 PM

Good.

#4 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:17 PM

Maybe finally Gowdy can get something actually done. So far hes been all talk, no action.

#5 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:38 AM

View Postzurg, on 08 October 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

Maybe finally Gowdy can get something actually done. So far hes been all talk, no action.

:yeahthat:

#6 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:15 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 09 October 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

#7 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:32 AM

All hat no cattle

#8 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:02 AM

View PostTikk, on 08 October 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

Nice.

Always liked Gowdy's ability to clearly communicate and cut past the BS

I think that's the man you need to cross examine. He will destroy these liars. The problem is they believe they will hide the "whistleblower" and not allow cross examination. This is a direct violation of the 6th Amendment, apparently even the DNC believes you don't need the right to defend yourself against their slings and arrows.

#9 User is online   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:18 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmiHRxDUkAE85HP.jpg

This post has been edited by corporal_little: 09 October 2019 - 06:31 AM

#10 User is offline   dan r 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:28 AM

View Postcorporal_little, on 09 October 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmiHRxDUkAE85HP.jpg

:rofl:

#11 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:00 PM

Can't cross examine anyone unless there is an actual impeachment; an impeachment 'inquiry' is not an actual impeachment - no vote, no trial, etc. It affords the dems to make all sorts of accusations and sling slimeballs while hiding behind their stone-wall. It gives them the opportunity to hit and not get hit back. Meanwhile, the media continues to spread their lies, cause damage before the election, and not have to be held accountable, nor be compelled to prove any of their assertions.

#12 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:03 PM

:yeahthat: :exactly:

#13 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:25 PM

I am taking the "wait and see" approach. Remember, Gowdy is one of dozens of Republicans who "retired" from the House which cleared the way for Democrats to regain the majority. Had they stuck around, we wouldn't have this "inquiry" and PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump's agenda would have advanced further by hundreds of miles along the border.

#14 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:35 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 09 October 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

I am taking the "wait and see" approach. Remember, Gowdy is one of dozens of Republicans who "retired" from the House which cleared the way for Democrats to regain the majority. Had they stuck around, we wouldn't have this "inquiry" and PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump's agenda would have advanced further by hundreds of miles along the border.

I'm with you. He seems to have a lot going for him, then he'll pull something that makes me shake my head.

I'm hoping that he will be a positive addition instead of some sort of mole...

#15 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:52 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 09 October 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

I'm with you. He seems to have a lot going for him, then he'll pull something that makes me shake my head.

I'm hoping that he will be a positive addition instead of some sort of mole...

:exactly:

Gowdy was quite the nevertrumper.

I find it hard to trust the guy as he has had no follow through on anything so far other than talk.

As Firecoco has said, all hat and no cattle.

#16 User is offline   Tabla_Man 

• Go Nuggets!!!

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:56 PM

Gowdy was not a never Trumper, he was for Rubio until he dropped out and then endorsed him after he secured the nomination. Gowdy was onboard with Trump before I was to be honest.

https://thehill.com/...i-endorse-trump

Gowdy is a good choice because he already knows everything Schiff has having served on the Intelligence committee. Nunez couldn't be seen actively trying to help Trump because he'd bring scrutiny on himself. This is a smart move, both politically and strategically.

#17 User is offline   Tabla_Man 

• Go Nuggets!!!

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:07 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 09 October 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

While I was disappointed in Gowdy's retirement, he was proceeded by William Timmons, so they didn't lose his house seat. In fact of the 23 seats that were retired by Republican's only 7 of them were taken over by Democrats. I heard Rush stating the same thing on the radio, so of 41 house seats picked up by Democrats, only 7 were from Republicans who retired. Heck even Paul Ryan, who completely sold out Trump and the Republicans was replaced by another Republican after retiring. It sounds nice, but it's not supported by the facts.

House Republican's lost in 2018 because they did not support the President and his agenda, no border wall, no repeal of Obama care, no immigration reform, etc.

#18 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 09 October 2019 - 04:32 AM, said:

All hat no cattle

And full of it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic