RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump admin's 'Remain in Mexico' plan causes tens of thous - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump admin's 'Remain in Mexico' plan causes tens of thous Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:38 PM

Trump admin's 'Remain in Mexico' plan causes tens of thousands to abandon asylum

Stephen Dinan
Washington Times
10/29/19

EXCERPT:

The Trump administration’s “Remain in Mexico” policy has done exactly what officials had hoped — convince illegal immigrants with bogus asylum claims to give up and return home, officials said this week, declaring the controversial policy a success.

Of the 55,000 migrants who were subject to the Migrant Protection Protocols, as the program is officially known, a “small subset” have won their cases and been readmitted to the U.S. to proceed with asylum claims.

Another 20,000 are still waiting in northern Mexico, Homeland Security officials believe. But that leaves tens of thousands who are believed to have given up their claims.

Just as important are the would-be migrants that have not made the trip in the first place, Homeland Security said, cutting the number of illegal immigrant families nabbed at the U.S.-Mexico border by 80% from its record high in May.

The program is also more fair to the migrants, Homeland Security argues, since they can get a final hearing and learn their fate within a few months, rather than the yearslong backlog for those stuck in the U.S. immigration courts.

(Full Story)

#2 User is online   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:12 AM

Good.

#3 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:25 AM

:)

Love this guy!

#4 User is online   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:03 AM

Another example of how Trump's tariffs DO work. All he had to do with Mexico was threaten 'em with tariffs, illegal border crossings down 80%...

#5 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 30 October 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

Another example of how Trump's tariffs DO work. All he had to do with Mexico was threaten 'em with tariffs, illegal border crossings down 80%...

Yup, the moment the elite feel the heat something actually gets done.
I am going to make one hell of a bold prediction.
If Trump gets re elected in 20/20 and the wall is even half to 3/4 completed in the next 5 or even 10 years we will see a revolution in Mexico and much of central America and parts of South America within 1-2 years of that. Why? Because people will no longer be able to leave their home countries and sneak in here then send money home. This will essentially put millions of people into a nothing to lose by revolting against their own gov mode. The Government of Mexico knows this, the elites of Mexico and most of those countries know this as well. Not only is this a threat to the status quo but their power and lifestyle in general. For years the U.S. has been a sponge absorbing the jobless and destitute and they have been fine with it. Know that we have said enough, we are building a wall, and in effect putting them on notice that they need to fix their own back yards they are livid and trying to blame us. I have nothing against those who come here legally, work hard, learn the language, assimilate and remember and honor the old country but at the same honor and treasure their new home. God bless them, we are a better people and nation because of them. BUT, no more than we can be the worlds Police force we cannot be it's savior either.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users