RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Congress Considers Measure Addressing “Climate Refugee Crisis” - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Congress Considers Measure Addressing “Climate Refugee Crisis” Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:03 PM

Congress Considers Measure Addressing “Climate Refugee Crisis”

Rep. Nydia Velázquez offers bill that prioritizes foreigners over her constituents

Legal Insurrection
Posted by Leslie Eastman
Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 11:00am

Excerpt:

The “Extinction Rebellion” death cult is scary, but what may be even more terrifying is a proposal Congress is considering.

Our U.S. House of Representatives is reviewing a new bill to protect “climate refugees.”

The Climate Displaced Persons Act, written by Rep. Nydia Velázquez (D-N.Y.), would create a new federal program specifically for refugees displaced by climate change. If enacted into law, the U.S. would take in at least 50,000 climate refugees each year, beginning in 2020.

What exactly is a “climate refugee?”

The Institute for Economics and Peace, an Australian think tank, recently estimated that in 2017 alone, 18 million people — 61.5 percent of global displacements — were forced to move due to natural disasters. (Those natural disasters are not universally caused by climate change, but global warming is predicted to cause more frequent and intense disasters.) And while projections vary, sources agree that those numbers are going to get a whole lot higher. That same report noted that nearly 1 billion people currently live in areas of “very high” or “high” climate exposure, which could result in millions of people displaced by climate change in the future. A 2018 World Bank report estimated that by 2050, there would be 143 million climate change-driven migrants from the regions of Latin America, sub-Saharan Africa, and southeast Asia alone.

But, if we’re talking about legally designated “climate refugees,” there’s a much different number being thrown around: zero.

The designation of refugee has very specific meaning under international agreements.
A refugee is someone who has been forced to flee his or her country because of persecution, war or violence. A refugee has a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group. Most likely, they cannot return home or are afraid to do so. War and ethnic, tribal and religious violence are leading causes of refugees fleeing their countries.

And, because both the Border Wall and the Mexican troops have stopped the caravan, Velázquez is trying to create a work-around to bring in as many people as the Democrats need. After all, “climate change” can mean anything the activists wish it to mean.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:21 PM

Oh, good lord.

#3 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:11 PM

No

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 31 October 2019 - 08:11 PM

#4 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

#5 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:08 PM

Despite Australian cattle feed virtue signaling, the immigration policy is based on merit not who happens to show up on their island continent with a sob story.

#6 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:26 PM

Pardon my parlance, but Congress may eat schidt.

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:17 PM

Looking at the definition of refugee, most rightwing people, and especially MAGA hat wearing people, need to be granted protected refugee status from leftists for them to live without fear in any larger city.

#8 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:00 AM

Figures, a retarded Democrap would dream up this bullSchiff.

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 31 October 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

:exactly:

#9 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:01 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 31 October 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Ya mean eat Schiff? 😄

#10 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:12 PM

climate change? climate change refugees? OK, we'll let them in when 'hell freezes over'... <_<

how's that for dealing with climate change refugees?

#11 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

This by the way will be the only legislation they pass other than another CR in the remainder of this term. Oh and an impeachment of our President.

#12 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:50 PM

View PostLiz, on 31 October 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

Rep. Nydia Velázquez offers bill that prioritizes foreigners over her constituents

And yet, I've got a nice shiny new 25c piece that says those same constituents will re-elect here. The English language is wholly insufficient to express my disdain of the voters of districts like NY-7 who would elect a person like NV. SHE, and others like Hank Johnson, Shiela Jackson Lee, and at least a dozen others, are PRECISELY why the founders gave us a Republic rather than a Democracy.

"A Republic, if you can keep it".
- Ben Franklin

Well, it WAS, but we COULDN'T.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users