RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Liberals Just Can’t Help Themselves - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Liberals Just Can’t Help Themselves Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:05 AM

Liberals Just Can’t Help Themselves

Townhall.com
Derek Hunter
Nov 03, 2019 12:01 AM

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent the views of Townhall.com.

excerpt:

There’s a joke that’s been going around on social media for a while now. It’s pretty basic and based in truth, as all good comedy is. Whenever a Democrat, in politics or journalism, says something insane, someone inevitably responds with, “All they have to do is not be crazy…”

The implication of the joke is Democrats have all the advantages heading into 2020 and a media willing to lie on their behalf about anything, all they have to do is behave rationally to take full advantage of all their advantages…they just can’t. They don’t have “sane” in them anymore.

Whether a couple of the candidates are capable of sanity or not is an open question, what’s clear is there’s no yardage to be gained from sanity in the Democratic primary. Each candidate has consistently been trying to out-crazy the other on every policy issue. So whether they’re actually crazy or just acting that way doesn’t matter much. The party has been overtaken by its fringe.

From plans to “forgive” more than a trillion dollars in student loan debt to plans to take over the entire health care system for anywhere between $30 and $50 trillion, they’ve promised to spend multiples of all the money on the planet all in an attempt to placate a spun-up mob they created to torment Republicans.

Yes, the liberal mob was created to be a plague on conservatives, to shout us down, to chase us out of the public square, to intimidate anyone insufficiently “progressive” into silence or conformity. But Frankenstein’s monster always returns to the castle to destroy it.

Appealing to these people has turned the primary into the “Woke Olympics.” But by the rules of purity and conformity they’ve set, none of the candidates can measure up.

They’ve been going after Joe Biden for any number of things he’s said over his 800-year career, never warming to the former Vice President. It would upset him if he were aware of his surroundings.

Bernie Sanders should be their God – it’s his image in which they are made – but he’s old and white, two of the worst things anyone can be.

Mayor Pete is coming on strong, but he’s white too. On top of that sin, his police force in South Bend has a race problem. When he was on the outs the controversy faded, as he returns to contention his lack of any coherent answer on the subject will as well.

Cory Booker is such a dud – Barack Obama 2.0 with none of the personal charm – it’s hard to imagine him even voting for himself.

Amy Klobuchar made a play for the moderates in the party by offering watered-down crazy, only to discover there aren’t any moderates.

Andrew Yang tried to buy everyone’s vote for $1,000 per month, but much like applying for entrance to Harvard, being Asian is a handicap in race-obsessed Democratic Party politics.

<SNIP>

Link

If my country wasn't at risk, this would all be much more hilarious. The democrats are fast leaving the concept of symbiosis in their wake as they steam full ahead to parasitical fanaticism.

Oh, and...

* Obligatory Monty Disclaimer. Calling today's leftists 'Liberal' is as inaccurate and frustrating as people downgrading our republic by pigeonholing it as a democracy. :pinch:

#2 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:51 AM

I am re-reading "The March of Folly", by Barbara Tuchman. In it, she examines several instances of regimes who pursued what they considered their best interest yet ended up in disaster. That includes the Renaissance Popes provoking the Protestant secession, the British loss of their southern American colonies (they kept Canada), and the American defeat in the Vietnam War.

She identifies three persistent aspects of folly. First, the primacy of self-advancement and careerism. Everyone in the organization does what gets you hired into and promoted in the organization, which may well bring disaster on the organization. E.g., bribery in the Catholic Church in Renaissance times and connections to the nobility in 18th Century Britain. Second, the illusion of invulnerable status. The idea of a Reformation was as unimaginable to the Renaissance popes as the idea of a victorious revolution in America was to the British nobility as the idea of a North Vietnamese victory was to the "best and brightest" in the USA. Finally, the obliviousness to the growing disaffection of constituents.

In the case of the American Revolution, Tuchman wrote that the ultimate cause of the Revolution and its success was the false sense of superiority of the British upper class. "Their sense of superiority was so dense as to be impenetrable." Contemporary liberals' sense of superiority is equally dense, which accounts for their delusions about their political opponents, the conservatives. This is why, when a liberal fears he is losing a political argument, he accuses the other fellow of being a racist no matter what the original issue was. And, when the liberal finally loses the argument, he calls his opponent a Nazi. To this day, Hillary Clinton thinks she lost the 2016 Presidential election not because so many voters distrusted her but because so many American voters are "racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, you name it. A basket of deplorables." Liberals' sense of superiority is so dense as to be impenetrable.

#3 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:24 AM

Martin, I see that attitude penetrating the engineering business world I work in as well. There’s a lot of concern for recession in building and home automation due to an upcoming major dip in construction. It’s all being driven by the NE elite and their allies in politics, in various trade organizations and the media.

If/when a mild recession eventually comes years later, they’ll run to the mikes and say “we told you years ago this was going to happen”.

#4 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

zurg, on 03 November 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

Martin, I see that attitude penetrating the engineering business world I work in as well. There's a lot of concern for recession in building and home automation due to an upcoming major dip in construction. It's all being driven by the NE elite and their allies in politics, in various trade organizations and the media. If/when a mild recession eventually comes years later, they'll run to the mikes and say "we told you years ago this was going to happen".

They are entitled to say "We told you so" if they really did. But, are they as willing to own up to their false alarms as they are willing to claim their correct predictions? I can guarantee you that there will be another earthquake in Japan, another hurricane in Florida, and another recession in the US economy. But, that prediction is little use if I cannot tell you when this is going to happen.

#5 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:40 AM

Martin, on 03 November 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

They are entitled to say "We told you so" if they really did. But, are they as willing to own up to their false alarms as they are willing to claim their correct predictions? I can guarantee you that there will be another earthquake in Japan, another hurricane in Florida, and another recession in the US economy. But, that prediction is little use if I cannot tell you when this is going to happen.

Precisely.

#6 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

As for a US recession, I can tell you that it'll be when they manage to induce it in order to take down Trump.

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:18 AM

Severian, on 03 November 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

As for a US recession, I can tell you that it'll be when they manage to induce it in order to take down Trump.

I do think that a recession is being planned. They just can’t agree how and their gears are in motion trying to figure out who will benefit the most. Greed and envy being the driving forces. There are many powerful people with big economic influence who want to see Trump gone. Their long term interest of control over a less prosperous nation beats the immediate prosperity that Trump’s politics provides. Basically, it’s better for them to lose some now to prevent future competition through the American dream of open market fairness. I just hope that their infighting will doom them.

This post has been edited by zurg: 03 November 2019 - 11:20 AM

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

grimreefer, on 03 November 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

* Obligatory Monty Disclaimer. Calling today's leftists 'Liberal' is as inaccurate and frustrating as people downgrading our republic by pigeonholing it as a democracy. :pinch:

:2up:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users