RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Soooo.... giving a vacum to a wife is sexist but a drill to a husband - RightNation.US

Soooo.... giving a vacum to a wife is sexist but a drill to a husband Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:04 PM

Let's stop and think about things for a minute shall we?
We are know being told that even advertising much less giving woman gifts that are used in traditional roles (IE a vacuum, mixer) are sexist and sign of oppression, BUT, giving a man a power drill, tool set, or such is not.

Can someone explain this to me how if giving a lady a vacuum is sexist and a man a power drill is not?
I really wanna' know. If the whole idea is because the woman is stuck at home, then how is the man not stuck in the garage? Look, in the big picture a stay at home wife/mom's contributions are just as important to a family as the husbands paycheck. Buying an item, even as a gift which helps, enhances or allows this to happen is just as important and no more sexist than giving a husband a power tool which helps him take care of the house, or in some cases even use it at his job. Don't power tools as gifts also re enforce a stereo type? Especially if they are of no real use to the receiver?
Then again, Shop Vac's are also a big gift item during the holidays(typically given to men) so maybe people are finally waking up some.

#2 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:13 PM

http://i.postimg.cc/CKnwWSG3/hoover-christmas.jpg

Along with a couple new vacuum bags in her stocking and you'll get some for sure!

#3 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:28 PM

View Postoki, on 04 November 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

We are know being told that even advertising much less giving woman gifts that are used in traditional roles (IE a vacuum, mixer) are sexist and sign of oppression, BUT, giving a man a power drill, tool set, or such is not.

Can someone explain this to me how if giving a lady a vacuum is sexist and a man a power drill is not?
I really wanna' know. If the whole idea is because the woman is stuck at home, then how is the man not stuck in the garage? Look, in the big picture a stay at home wife/mom's contributions are just as important to a family as the husbands paycheck. Buying an item, even as a gift which helps, enhances or allows this to happen is just as important and no more sexist than giving a husband a power tool which helps him take care of the house, or in some cases even use it at his job. Don't power tools as gifts also re enforce a stereo type? Especially if they are of no real use to the receiver?
Then again, Shop Vac's are also a big gift item during the holidays(typically given to men) so maybe people are finally waking up some.

Not really a big fan of Vacuums or Power Tools or even Shop Vacs as gifts, regardless of Gender. I've always thought that a gift should not be something you 'need' but above and beyond that. But then, Mrs. Smithee and I are reasonably fortunate; there's nothing either of us really 'need'.

#4 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:30 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 04 November 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

http://i.postimg.cc/CKnwWSG3/hoover-christmas.jpg

Along with a couple new vacuum bags in her stocking and you'll get some for sure!

Thanks for the vintage add, this is exactly the add type so many people are outraged over. IN reality giving a gift that helps you do your job or take care of home and family is always one of the most practical and best.

#5 User is online   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:31 PM

You can't differentiate between the sexes any more, the wife can be gifted a power drill and the husband a vacuum cleaner. What the Left's really trying to do is uncomplicate things, you can be or do anything you want. Boy, girl, a mixed bag, Joanie today, Johny tomorrow, it's all good...Lol

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 04 November 2019 - 01:33 PM

#6 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:33 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 04 November 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

Not really a big fan of Vacuums or Power Tools or even Shop Vacs as gifts, regardless of Gender. I've always thought that a gift should not be something you 'need' but above and beyond that. But then, Mrs. Smithee and I are reasonably fortunate; there's nothing either of us really 'need'.

More so it's the belief that if you give a lady something that is useful for around the house, anything from a vacuum to fry pan it's sexist. But, giving a man anything from a power drill to a work bench that it's not.

#7 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:35 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 04 November 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

You can't differentiate between the sexes any more, the wife can be gifted a power drill and the husband a vacuum cleaner.

http://i.postimg.cc/sxbp1hxY/whipped.jpg

#8 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:37 PM

View Postoki, on 04 November 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

My wife is not a cleaning/scrubbing/vacuuming person like myself. Raised in a Navy/Marine household (Dad was WWII naval officer in the Pacific and grandfather was pre WWI calvary soldier, he re-enlisted in the Marines during WWI, survived Belleau Woods and Translon and Verte Feuille Farms) so our household was very regimented! I personally like getting shop vacs, cool cleaning gadgets, the wife like frilly girly things!

#9 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:40 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 04 November 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

http://i.postimg.cc/sxbp1hxY/whipped.jpg

Know that is funny.

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

Unless the vacuum comes with a maid attached, I would not recommend it as a birthday or, lord forbid, a Mothers Day gift.

#11 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:57 PM

View PostUSMCforever60, on 04 November 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

My wife is not a cleaning/scrubbing/vacuuming person like myself. Raised in a Navy/Marine household (Dad was WWII naval officer in the Pacific and grandfather was pre WWI calvary soldier, he re-enlisted in the Marines during WWI, survived Belleau Woods and Translon and Verte Feuille Farms) so our household was very regimented! I personally like getting shop vacs, cool cleaning gadgets, the wife like frilly girly things!

Aaah, but you are not a 'new age sensitive male' and your wife has has not been liberated. Couple a wrench head, tinkerer, fix it all type of mentality to cleaning with access to power tools and decent cleaners. IE using a auto buffer on bathroom tile or fiberglass. Makes one hell of a sound, but man does that get things clean. Polishing compound is awesome at getting soap and hard water stains off, especially ceramic tile. Funny, I guess in this case giving a wife an auto buffer and auto body cleaners would really upset some people. Still doing a female role but with male tools and supplies. To be honest, though what ever works to get the job done. Next time you visit Grandpa and Dad, no matter which side of the earth they are on, make sure they have a drink of their choice. Just tell them it's from the many people who have not forgotten and are forever grateful that they had the guts and love of this country to go through the hell they did on our behalf.

#12 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:04 PM

View Postoki, on 04 November 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

More so it's the belief that if you give a lady something that is useful for around the house, anything from a vacuum to fry pan it's sexist. But, giving a man anything from a power drill to a work bench that it's not.

What about vibrators? Where do they fall, they're useful around the house, are they the same as a vacuum or blender? :whistling:

#13 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:04 PM

I made my wife very happy with a specialized dog hair pickup vac. She was doing rescue in addition to our own dogs and hair was a problem.

#14 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:14 PM

View PostSeverian, on 04 November 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

What about vibrators? Where do they fall, they're useful around the house, are they the same as a vacuum or blender? :whistling:

I guess it depends on if the thing has a masculine name or if any....

#15 User is offline   First Sarge 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

My link
Why women need warning labels

This post has been edited by First Sarge: 04 November 2019 - 02:47 PM

#16 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:44 PM

It's all this day and age's mindset. We went through times when we were very happy to have enough money to get the kids gifts at Christmas and birthdays. Then we had enough to get the kids gifts and presents for us that might be a vacuum or drill. Now we can afford to get us 'fun' gifts and we are back to being happy getting kid gifts for the grandkids. And we are still just as happy as when we could barely afford for the kids. We just pay no attention to the sexist (or any of the 'ist' ) rhetoric. http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/erst060.gif

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:58 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 04 November 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

It's all this day and age's mindset. We went through times when we were very happy to have enough money to get the kids gifts at Christmas and birthdays. Then we had enough to get the kids gifts and presents for us that might be a vacuum or drill. Now we can afford to get us 'fun' gifts and we are back to being happy getting kid gifts for the grandkids. And we are still just as happy as when we could barely afford for the kids. We just pay no attention to the sexist (or any of the 'ist' ) rhetoric. http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/erst060.gif

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Give 'em what they'll be happy with. My Mom? She'd like pictures. She already has all the "stuff" she has room for. Same with me & my wife: We already have all the "stuff" we'll ever be able to cram into this tiny apt. We don't need any more "stuff". We already have all the books we'll ever read, games we'll ever play, movies we'll ever watch, clothes we'll ever wear, tools we'll ever use, etc etc etc. If any of our friends wanna give us something, make it something we can eat or something we can drink. Otherwise we simply have no use for it. Or for that matter, anywhere to even put it.

:shrug:

#18 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 November 2019 - 04:36 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 04 November 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!

#19 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 04 November 2019 - 04:38 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 04 November 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Give 'em what they'll be happy with. My Mom? She'd like pictures. She already has all the "stuff" she has room for. Same with me & my wife: We already have all the "stuff" we'll ever be able to cram into this tiny apt. We don't need any more "stuff". We already have all the books we'll ever read, games we'll ever play, movies we'll ever watch, clothes we'll ever wear, tools we'll ever use, etc etc etc. If any of our friends wanna give us something, make it something we can eat or something we can drink. Otherwise we simply have no use for it. Or for that matter, anywhere to even put it.

:shrug:

Exactly, also, I am willing to bet saying Wife is still new but your getting used to and are more than happy to say it. Hopefully your Mrs says husband, love, other half and none of the descriptions start with oh, that..... :drinkers:

This post has been edited by oki: 04 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

#20 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

men don't count. We are non-people. Our interests, desires, needs are to be ignored in this great new femino-trans world.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users