RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: NYC Voting - rife with the potential for election fraud! - RightNation.US

NYC Voting - rife with the potential for election fraud! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   helton 

• Blueberries good, liberals bad!
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

I live in Queens, with the only election on the ballot being the Queens District Atty. The Democrat is the former borough President who was term limited out of a job, and agrees with the Dope from Park Slope that Rikers Island (jail) should be permanently closed, and that "criminal reform" is needed. Awww - the poor criminals. The Republican opponent is a former NYPD cop.

Not many people at the voting site (a public school), so I decided to conduct an experiment. I was not going to show my ID until someone asked for it. I'm now home, have already voted, and I'm still waiting for someone to see my ID.

Around 9 AM I walk into the gym straight to the table for my district. I give them my first and last names. They're now using iPads. Okay. I see my name and point it out to them. They ask me to sign, so they give me a stylus iPad pen and I just scribble along the dotted line, so I've now signed.

I collect my voting paraphernalia and submit my vote. As I'm leaving there are about 6 poll workers hanging around (light turnout as of this point), so I ask them, "No one asked to see my ID. Why not?" I get the Ralph Kramden reply (homina homina). I said that anyone could have said they're me and voted using my name. If that happened, I would have not been allowed to vote if I came in later in the day.

I'm told that I had to sign the iPad, so that's a verification of my identity. I tell them about my scribbling on the dotted line. That doesn't validate my identity.

Then someone said the most interesting part. They told me "NYC doesn't have the right to ask to see my ID." I replied, "Are you kidding me? Then how can you possibly verify my identity? This leaves open the possibility of tremendous amounts of voter fraud, including voting by illegal aliens."

I don't know if this is true or not about not having to see my ID, but this was a disgusting experience for me.

This post has been edited by helton: 05 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:19 PM

Yup, disgusting. We still get multiple mail-in ballots at our address (for example, Rochelle's son & our daughter-in-law, both felons and ineligible to vote.) We've never used any of them, refusing to break the law. But I can't deny it's becoming more and more tempting, considering how many laws Democrats break. They don't want laws to prevent illegal voting? OK, then maybe we'll vote illegally too.

<_<

#3 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

As intended.

NYC would open polling locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Mexico City if they could get away with it.

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:06 PM

Same here. The only time I am asked for Id are when elections for major offices are held. Usually (like this morning) they ask my name as soon as I walk in and then look me up. I then sign next to the original signature given at registration.

Someone would have to know a voters name, eligibility status, and whether the ‘name’ has already voted to commit fraud, at least at my polling station.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 05 November 2019 - 03:44 PM

#5 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:59 PM

View PostLadybird, on 05 November 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

Same here. The only time I am asked for Id are when elections for major offices are held. Usually (like this morning) they ask my name as soon as I walk in and then look me up. I then sign next to the original signature given at registration.

Someone would have to know a voters name, eligibility status, and whether the ‘name’ has already voted to commit fraud, at least at my polling station.

Voter’s name? Easy to know
Eligibility? Easy to guess
Already voted? Go first day and the chances are good the answer is not yet voted.

#6 User is offline   helton 

• Blueberries good, liberals bad!

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

I'm being told that here in NYC, you only have to show ID when you vote for the first time. After that, no ID is needed. I put this on Facebook and several people around NYC all said that they were not required to show ID when they voted today. Unbelievable! I wonder how many unauthorized people voted today.

Feel free to puke.

#7 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:18 PM

View Posthelton, on 05 November 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

I'm being told that here in NYC, you only have to show ID when you vote for the first time. After that, no ID is needed. I put this on Facebook and several people around NYC all said that they were not required to show ID when they voted today. Unbelievable! I wonder how many unauthorized people voted today.

Feel free to puke.

Time to start scanning the obituaries ....

#8 User is offline   67Mustang 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

Here in Tennessee, in my county they stop just shy of asking for dna each time.

#9 User is offline   Currahee! 

• <no title>

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:34 PM

Here in Texas.....I am required to show a photo ID....so I showed them my carry permit.....they thanked me and I voted.....

#10 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:45 PM

I voted for the second time since I moved up here to Idaho and once again I was asked for my ID to make sure I was who I said I was.

It was a wonderful experience.

The last time I voted in CA I bore witness to something similar to you, Helton. People were telling the folks at the ballot table stories about how they'd moved and didn't have anything to prove where they now lived but they were still given ballots to vote on, no resistance at all.

Which means that the sanctity of the voting process no longer exists in CA (and hasn't for a VERY long time), and it's boldly right out there in the open.

#11 User is offline   WarDog 

• I'm Not Confused...I Just Need More Answers!

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:08 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 05 November 2019 - 11:45 PM, said:

I voted for the second time since I moved up here to Idaho and once again I was asked for my ID to make sure I was who I said I was.

It was a wonderful experience.

The last time I voted in CA I bore witness to something similar to you, Helton. People were telling the folks at the ballot table stories about how they'd moved and didn't have anything to prove where they now lived but they were still given ballots to vote on, no resistance at all.

Which means that the sanctity of the voting process no longer exists in CA (and hasn't for a VERY long time), and it's boldly right out there in the open.

Not to change the subject but....... Where did you move to in Idaho? I am originally from Moscow... I love Idaho,very beautiful and still a conservative state for the most part, wish I was living there now!

#12 User is offline   bigpapa 

• Zygotista

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:33 AM

I walked in to vote here in Kansas. Half the poll workers knew me, but they still asked to see my ID...and they actually looked at it. I thanked them repeatedly for their diligence.

#13 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

View PostWarDog, on 06 November 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

Not to change the subject but....... Where did you move to in Idaho? I am originally from Moscow... I love Idaho,very beautiful and still a conservative state for the most part, wish I was living there now!

I just moved to Kellogg in June. I love it here. Small town, wonderfully friendly people, gorgeous scenery, fresh air and a lower cost of living.

Getting my business to put down roots will take a bit of time, but luckily the folks I have been talking with are happy to introduce me around, which helps a lot!

I'd been dreaming of moving up into the CdA area since high school and I'm finally here. I drive over to the lake at least twice a month just to get the impact of coming across Veteran Memorial Bridge and see the lake and the mountains around it...

With the snows and ice coming, being a Southern California driver all my life, I'm a bit hesitant to make the trek in inclement weather, even though I do now sport snow tires on my car!

I actually looked at Moscow back in the day and it's gorgeous down there, too, lots of rolling hills and green.

A far cry from what you'd see in my old stomping grounds in CA.

#14 User is offline   Timothy 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:22 PM

It's not up to the workers at a polling location to set policy, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to complain to them.

We should use fingerprints. No issues with people not having IDs, no dealing with fake IDs, it can be used to check for duplicate registrations, if someone votes falsely you have something to identify them, etc. I suspect it could be used to verify mail in ballots as well.

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostTimothy, on 07 November 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

It's not up to the workers at a polling location to set policy, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to complain to them.

We should use fingerprints. No issues with people not having IDs, no dealing with fake IDs, it can be used to check for duplicate registrations, if someone votes falsely you have something to identify them, etc. I suspect it could be used to verify mail in ballots as well.

Trouble with that is that very few people are "expert" fingerprint readers. For just a quick example, look at these two different fingerprints:

https://i.huffpost.com/gen/1682551/thumbs/o-463960709-570.jpg?2

Or how about these:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VtemwhxYvcM/VJuz4Fjk7PI/AAAAAAAAAYs/5yLt8IJTIzY/s1600/fingerprints.jpg

Can you tell them apart instantly? Sure, given lots of time to study details they can be identified as different. But when thousands of people are all voting at the same location in a single day, just how much time does each poll worker have to spend on each individual voter's fingerprints?
B)

#16 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:38 PM

And by the way Timothy, still waiting for your response in this thread.

B)

#17 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

The average age of poll workers is about 85, from my purely anecdotal observation. Any kind of fingerprint identification would have to be done by a scanning appliance. I can envision objections from civil liberty advocates from all sides of the political spectrum, especially from those who mistrust the government.

#18 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

View PostLadybird, on 07 November 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

The average age of poll workers is about 85, from my purely anecdotal observation. Any kind of fingerprint identification would have to be done by a scanning appliance. I can envision objections from civil liberty advocates from all sides of the political spectrum, especially from those who mistrust the government.

In California there were quite a lot of college aged poll workers in my district starting with the first Obama run, which, was fluid in terms of following ANY laws pertaining to verifying the legality of one's right to vote.

Guess they're taking the job to help pay off their student loans.

Before the first Obama campaign, it was Geritol Alley when we'd roll up to vote.

#19 User is offline   Timothy 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:48 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 November 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Trouble with that is that very few people are "expert" fingerprint readers. For just a quick example, look at these two different fingerprints:

https://i.huffpost.com/gen/1682551/thumbs/o-463960709-570.jpg?2

Or how about these:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VtemwhxYvcM/VJuz4Fjk7PI/AAAAAAAAAYs/5yLt8IJTIzY/s1600/fingerprints.jpg

Can you tell them apart instantly? Sure, given lots of time to study details they can be identified as different. But when thousands of people are all voting at the same location in a single day, just how much time does each poll worker have to spend on each individual voter's fingerprints?
B)

I'm not suggesting that election workers check each one by hand. As you suggest, that would be absurd. But it can be done electronically.

They are doing it in Brazil. And dozens of other countries as well.

Here's a company that operates fingerprint identification for voting.

And yes, we should take a company's website advertising its services with a grain of salt.

And it's not just about instant verification at the polls. It's something that can be used as part of the registration process to catch duplicate registrations and keep felons off the rolls. Having a record of fingerprints of who voted can help catch and deter voter fraud. I'm not suggesting it's perfect or a silver bullet, but I do think it might work a lot better than other measures.

View PostLadybird, on 07 November 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

I get the privacy concern. But IMO it's very low on the list of ways that the government can, and does, infringe on or violate our privacy. It doesn't bother me personally. You submit fingerprints as part of getting a Texas Driver's license.

#20 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

View PostWarDog, on 06 November 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

I was born in Lewiston and lived in Moscow until I was 5. Also U of I grad 1985.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users