RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Seattle's new home oil tax could penalize elderly, middle-class fa - RightNation.US

Seattle's new home oil tax could penalize elderly, middle-class fa Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:01 PM

Seattle is set to tax residents for using home heating oil in an effort to move the city away from a dependency on fossil fuels.

The city's Democratic Mayor Jenny Durkan in late September signed into law a bill that could prove costly to those unable to keep up with emerging home technology. A tax on heating oil for homes will go into effect starting next summer, giving residents of Seattle less than a year to make costly adjustments or risk paying even more in taxes.

The tax, which some critics deem a "sin tax," will be to the amount of $0.24 per gallon. The genesis behind the law is to continue the city’s push to be carbon-neutral by 2050.

Democrats' war on poor, continued

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 05 November 2019 - 05:01 PM

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:35 PM

That's all they are good for, taking taxpayer dollars and penalizing people for living. That is what global warming is all about. Just a penalty for life.

#3 User is online   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

Not in Seattle but I grew up in a house with oil fired steam heat. It was pretty nice.

Mark

#4 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:09 PM

#firstworldproblem

#5 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:20 PM

The world is going to end in ten years. The kleptocrats have to grab everything you own before that happens.

#6 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

Carbon neutral, my ass!

It's just straight up robbery and also a deliberate forcing of everyone into buying what the powers that be want them to buy: natural gas.

The oil companies own all of the natural gas wells and they own the politicians that make the money from the inside trading of their stocks.

#7 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:00 PM

View PostRock N, on 05 November 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

Carbon neutral, my ass!

It's just straight up robbery and also a deliberate forcing of everyone into buying what the powers that be want them to buy: natural gas.

The oil companies own all of the natural gas wells and they own the politicians that make the money from the inside trading of their stocks.

Bingo

#8 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

Carbon neutral, my ass!

Please get a grip.

#9 User is online   gravelrash 

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:46 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 05 November 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Please get a grip.

I agree with RNRRW. I was active in the green movement from junior high school until college. I came to understand the actual agenda. Money in one hand. Power in the other.

#10 User is online   Rin Tin Tin 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:04 PM

Carbon neutral, my ass!

I don't understand. If the same companies own both the oil and natural gas wells, why would they care which product you buy?

#11 User is online   gravelrash 

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:18 PM

View PostRin Tin Tin, on 05 November 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

I don't understand. If the same companies own both the oil and natural gas wells, why would they care which product you buy?

Manipulation of public perception to influence policy which becomes profit and control.

ETA: Keyword "Control"

This post has been edited by gravelrash: 05 November 2019 - 08:19 PM

#12 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:38 PM

Please get a grip.

Actually, what are two of the fastest ways to make the price of something go screaming through the roof?
Make it illegal, or make it mandatory. Can't do that, well then tax the hell out of it so people stop using one thing and are damn near forced/mandatory to use the other.
This has the potential to make Natural Gas as well as new furnaces spike in price. Be very interesting to see if anyone in the mayors office or city council has any family, friends or has taken contributions for either of those industries.

#13 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:40 PM

If people are more a less forced or penalized into switching over to natural gas it will cause an immediate increase in price. At this point I doubt there are enough users of heating oil left that there is much money to be made anymore. Sooo... force everyone to switch or make it very expensive and viola, companies make more money, and certain people city hall get nice fat donations as a thank you.

#14 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:16 PM

View Postsearcher, on 05 November 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

Not in Seattle but I grew up in a house with oil fired steam heat. It was pretty nice.

Mark

Earliest house I can remember as a kid, coal-fired steam heat in Toledo OH, mid '60s.

There's a thing to be said for "radiators" rather than "forced-air" heating; it was quite comfy back in the day. These days, split-level in North GA? Your basic "Brady Bunch" style house. Bedrooms upper level, den/office lower level. Can never get the temp right: if it's comfy on the lower level, it's sweltering on the upper level. Likewise if it's comfy on the upper level, you risk frostbite on the lower level. And If I *EVER* mention buying another split-level, go ahead, shoot me, put me out of my misery.

Yeah, okay, I always wanted to live in a Brady Bunch style house. I am *so* over that.

#15 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:46 PM

The asshats in the Emerald City continue to prove that leftards are fourteen floors lower than cretins on the IQ scale.

#16 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:50 AM

Carbon neutral, my ass!

:exactly:

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 05 November 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

The asshats in the Emerald City continue to prove that leftards are fourteen floors lower than cretins on the IQ scale.

:exactly:

#17 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

Please get a grip.

Please get a clue.

#18 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

http://www.reformati...risis-ch19.html

<snip>

Mr. X kind of laughed, "Chaplain, that natural gas pipeline will never be built."

I asked him, "What are you doing with the natural gas at Prudhoe Bay? That gas comes out of the ground right along with the oil. You have to do something with it."

He told me, "Yes, Chaplain, we have to do something with it. We cannot burn it—they will not allow us to. Therefore, it is costing us millions and millions of dollars to build huge facilities, and to drill additional wells and to provide huge injection pumps to pump that natural gas back into the ground. We are pumping the same gas back into the same field that it came from, at many, many cubic feet per day."

<snip>

The above is a quoted conversation from Lindsay Williams who used to be a pastor working for ARCO and this is his conversation with Ken Fromm who was a high up with ARCO.

Lindsay Williams has written several books about the underhanded crap and crimes that the oil companies and banks have pulled off against us over the decades.

I've done my homework on this stuff over 15 years ago and I didn't make it up.

View Postgravelrash, on 05 November 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Manipulation of public perception to influence policy which becomes profit and control.

ETA: Keyword "Control"

NAILED IT. :yes:

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 06 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

#19 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:49 PM

Democrat politicts brought to you by the same party that created Detroit or pick any other Democrat state or city. Sponsored by FU university. But hey this time it will work

This post has been edited by Squirrel: 06 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

#20 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:39 PM

View PostRock N, on 06 November 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

http://www.reformati...risis-ch19.html

<snip>

Mr. X kind of laughed, "Chaplain, that natural gas pipeline will never be built."

I asked him, "What are you doing with the natural gas at Prudhoe Bay? That gas comes out of the ground right along with the oil. You have to do something with it."

He told me, "Yes, Chaplain, we have to do something with it. We cannot burn it—they will not allow us to. Therefore, it is costing us millions and millions of dollars to build huge facilities, and to drill additional wells and to provide huge injection pumps to pump that natural gas back into the ground. We are pumping the same gas back into the same field that it came from, at many, many cubic feet per day."

<snip>

The above is a quoted conversation from Lindsay Williams who used to be a pastor working for ARCO and this is his conversation with Ken Fromm who was a high up with ARCO.

Lindsay Williams has written several books about the underhanded crap and crimes that the oil companies and banks have pulled off against us over the decades.

I've done my homework on this stuff over 15 years ago and I didn't make it up.

NAILED IT. :yes:

OMG! Really???

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users