RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Impeachment Is Going Poorly For Democrats And The Media - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Impeachment Is Going Poorly For Democrats And The Media Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:05 AM

Impeachment Is Going Poorly For Democrats And The Media

Inside of newsrooms, broadcast studios, and Twitter, impeachment is going according to plan. Outside of those bubbles, it's not.

The Federalist
By Mollie Hemingway
November 5, 2019

Excerpt:

Impeachment is going so poorly for the media and other Democrats that “Meet The Press” host Chuck Todd was forced to broadcast false information to support it.

A graphic was posted on Sunday’s show that purported to identify how many people in the president’s party voted in support of an impeachment inquiry in the cases of Presidents Bill Clinton and Donald Trump. It accurately noted that 31 Democrats voted in favor of impeachment proceedings for Clinton. But it inaccurately claimed that a single Republican had voted in favor of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s impeachment rules last week.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49022809071_7a3c51cde3.jpg

There are multiple problems with this graphic. For one thing, zero Republicans voted with House Democrats last week. Zero point zero. Zilch. Nada. None. For another, Todd’s team is hiding the bipartisan nature of the opposition to the vote last week. Not only did not a single Republican vote with Democrats, two Democrats voted with Republicans in opposition.

Todd knows that no Republicans voted for impeachment, despite the graphic he put up on national television. In fact, he said during the show, “I have one with an asterisk here. I don’t know what you do with Justin Amash. It’s not a zero. At the same time, he’s not a Republican anymore.”

I know what you do with that, Chuck. You don’t lie and call him a Republican. Todd himself gave Amash national media attention for leaving the Republican Party in dramatic fashion, interviewing him two weeks prior. In the first six seconds of the interview, he noted twice that Amash was not a Republican.

The impeachment inquiry, such as it is, has tremendous struggles. It’s been conducted in secret, with heavy control from Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., the man who falsely claimed for years he had evidence of Trump’s treasonous collusion with Russia to steal the 2016 election. The inquiry is being handled by him because the more appropriate committee chair, Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., made a mess of the previous impeachment efforts by mismanaging his hearings with Robert Mueller, John Dean, and Corey Lewandowski. In fact, the Mueller hearing was such a disaster for impeachment efforts that it more or less killed a multi-year effort put in place by Resistance bureaucrats and their supporters.

Schiff has told witnesses not to answer questions when those questions would help Trump, and has badgered witnesses who were deemed insufficiently supportive of his efforts to undo the 2016 election. He and the whistleblower both lied about their coordination prior to the complaint being filed. And while he originally demanded the whistleblower’s testimony, after that coordination was revealed, he has attempted to prevent the testimony during which difficult questions would be asked.

Worse, the witnesses thus far can not point to a single crime, much less a high crime, for which to impeach the president. Instead, the witnesses either broadly support the president’s handling of foreign policy or are livid with rage over his disagreement with their foreign policy views.

*snip*

Full Commentary

#2 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:52 AM

:biglaugh:

As it should!

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:12 AM

Well if they'd quit being America's enemies and start supporting and helping their duly-elected president, perhaps they'd look less foolish and traitorous.

Just a suggestion.

B)

#4 User is online   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:16 AM

I'll be pleasantly surprised if this ever comes to a formal trial in the Senate. At that time EVERYONE is fair game, and the hyper-partisans like Schilff will no longer control the process.

Schiff and Pelosi know this. Will they continue the suicide impeachment mission, or just try to leverage as much negative media time in an attempt to damage the Trump/Republican campaigns? Time will tell -- my bet is that Pelosi gives Schiff enough rope to hang himself, and then she'll put publicly the noose around his neck. After all - Pelosi is all about her own political survival. Losing one House seat won't create much damage to her.

This post has been edited by mjperry51: 06 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:09 AM

View Postmjperry51, on 06 November 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if this ever comes to a formal trial in the Senate. At that time EVERYONE is fair game, and the hyper-partisans like Schilff will no longer control the process.

Schiff and Pelosi know this. Will they continue the suicide impeachment mission, or just try to leverage as much negative media time in an attempt to damage the Trump/Republican campaigns? Time will tell -- my bet is that Plosi gives Schiff enough rope to hang himself, and then she'll put publicly the noose around his neck. After all - Pelosi is all about her own political survival. Losing one House seat won't create much damage to her.

I think they’re doing their Hail Marys of anything they can think of, so I agree that they won’t let this go to the senate. Just string along and hope voters believe some of it.

But any voter who’s watching this crap show must realize the multiple contortions and lies being propagated and must be by now laughing at the democrats for their stupidity.

#6 User is online   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

View Postzurg, on 06 November 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

I think they're doing their Hail Marys of anything they can think of, so I agree that they won't let this go to the senate. Just string along and hope voters believe some of it.

But any sentient voter who's watching this crap show must realize the multiple contortions and lies being propagated and must be by now laughing at the democrats for their stupidity.

Fixed it for you. . .

#7 User is online   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:19 PM

Quid pro quo. So what? It happens all the time. Name a President, and there you have one who executed a quid pro quo.

The real issue is was there a “crime”? There is no evidence of a crime. The Dems and lefties want to point to “Trump asking Ukraine to investigate a political rival is a crime”. In a vacuum, I’m with you. But with context, no there is no crime there.

You need to look at the big picture. The Bidens were engaged in corruption. That is becoming more evident by the day. What also is becoming more evident by the day is Joe Biden executing his own quid pro quo to have an investigator/prosecutor removed who was investigating the company his son was a board member of. If Biden wasn’t running for President this go-round, there is no foothold for the Dems/lefties argument. But BECAUSE he is running, that’s is the foundation of their argument. So if we take this to the next logical step, we should all be perfectly fine with ANYONE committing fraud, corruption, what have you and then making sure to run for President so that you can’t be investigated. Right?

Actually, we all would NOT agree that one could just run for President to avoid investigations. And so it’s the same in this case with Trump-Ukraine-Biden. It’s not “going after a political rival” when there are serious, credible evidence of wrong-doing by that “political rival” that deserves to be investigated.

So there is no crime here, even if there was a normal/everyday/run-of-the-mill “quid pro quo”. The Dems and their PR company (aka the news media) have tried to control the narrative with the term “quid pro quo” as if just establishing one is tantamount to a crime being committed. It’s absolutely false that a crime was committed. And it’s abhorrent that they have turned this into such a political farce.

#8 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:23 PM

The key to this entire clusterfluck is not anything President Trump has done. The genesis is the election of Baraq and Biden and the total corruption of the American government, the swamp. The return of Pelosi as Speaker and the elevation of Adam Schiff as chief inquisitor merely further advances the corruption. The swamp has a built in advantage in that it is much easier to wreck than to construct. That means we have to put up with the rants of evil people while the hard work of investigating and eventually prosecuting the traitors marches on.

In the meantime the cabal must cause as much panic as they can knowing that in reality the hammer is going to come down on them.

As an obvious truth since election day 2016 not one of the claims made by the likes of Schiff, Pelosi, Shumer, Nadler or the entirety of the media has been proven true.

The eventual outcome is assured, the question is what should be the punishment ?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users