RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Catherine Herridge Starts With CBS This Month — And People Are Still - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Catherine Herridge Starts With CBS This Month — And People Are Still Upset Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:34 AM

Catherine Herridge Starts With CBS This Month — And People Are Still Upset

'Sorry to see her go' from Fox News, wrote one commenter online about the reporter, 'but I cannot follow her'

LifeZette
By PopZette Staff
November 5, 2019

Excerpt:

Readers — many of them vehement — have continued to share their dismay and discouragement over the news that Catherine Herridge, a veteran reporter at Fox News — who had been with the network since its founding back in 1996 — has now left there and moved over to CBS News.

“She will work as a senior investigative correspondent out of Washington, CBS News said, and will start in November,” Variety noted recently.

Her inline bio now includes that information as well.

The network itself also released a statement about the news on Twitter.

The CBS News announcement quoted Herridge as saying, “I feel privileged to join a team where facts and storytelling will always matter.”

After Shep Smith’s departure from Fox News in October after his final newscast several weeks ago now, Herridge becomes the second long-serving Fox News journalist to leave the cable news outlet.

Here are 10 new and telling reactions — presented below as readers wrote them — from people online who continue to share their blunt and unvarnished views and input over the news of last week.

(Did we miss yours? Send it to us.)

1.) “Sorry to see her go, but I cannot follow her to CBS. Please stay true to yourself. She is definitely one of the better ones.”

2.) “I am going to miss Catherine Herridge on Fox. She is the one reporter I felt I could always trust. Won’t be watching her on CBS, as they always spread fake news. Not sure I can understand why she went there. I guess she got a promotion, but I can’t think of it that way.”

3.) “So sorry to see her go. She is the consummate professional. I wonder if CBS will allow her the freedom she had at Fox News.”

4.) “She said the following: ‘I feel privileged to join a team where facts and storytelling will always matter.’ What a joke! Facts are nowhere to be found at CBS News. She will be a Trump hater very soon.”

5.) “Don’t know what they promised her, but her ability to investigate and tell the real story will be compromised. She is going to be disappointed.”

*snip*

Full Article

I've never been a fan of Fox News, but Catherine Herridge's work (and that of a few others) has always been outstanding.

#2 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:04 AM

Maybe CBS is getting the jump on ABC and NBC by hiring an actual journalist.

#3 User is online   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:03 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 07 November 2019 - 04:04 AM, said:

Maybe CBS is getting the jump on ABC and NBC by hiring an actual journalist.

I'm afraid the Borg concept will be in play -- she will be assimilated. . .

#4 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:09 AM

View Postmjperry51, on 07 November 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

I'm afraid the Borg concept will be in play -- she will be assimilated. . .

:yeahthat:

#5 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:53 AM

The CBS News announcement quoted Herridge as saying, “I feel privileged to join a team where facts and storytelling will always matter

Ask Sharyl Attkisson about that. It will be no more Herridge in this house. She is just another fake news reporter now.

#6 User is online   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:55 AM

Anyone who expects the Herridge tail to wag the CBS dog is going to be sorely disappointed. . .

#7 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:37 AM

View Postmjperry51, on 07 November 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

Anyone who expects the Herridge tail to wag the CBS dog is going to be sorely disappointed. . .

I hope that this is an attempt by Fox's competition to have a more even handed approach to news.

And I hope she got a big raise. She's definitely worth it.

#8 User is offline   jr_tex 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:50 AM

View PostTikk, on 07 November 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

I hope that this is an attempt by Fox's competition to have a more even handed approach to news.

:biglaugh: You funny....

#9 User is online   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:33 PM

View PostTikk, on 07 November 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

Not holding my breath -- no reason to. . .

And I hope she got a big raise. She's definitely worth it.

Did Megyn Kelly deserve her NBC raise? Herridge's value wasn't all on her own -- she shared credibility from Fox News. CBS brings no such credibility to her portfolio. In fact I would say it subtracts from her credibility. . .

#10 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:55 PM

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 07 November 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Ask Sharyl Attkisson about that. It will be no more Herridge in this house. She is just another fake news reporter now.

Exactly, Attkisson was gaslighted by CBS. Herridge should have taken a lesson from that. They don't like someone trying to tell the truth.

The CBS News announcement quoted Herridge as saying, “I feel privileged to join a team where facts and storytelling will always matter

The “storytelling” part maybe, facts – not so much.

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:15 PM

Sorry to see her go, and especially to see her go downhill to CBS. As mentioned earlier, I hope she at least got a huge raise, otherwise I can't grasp any logical incentive.

:shrug:

#12 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:45 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 November 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Sorry to see her go, and especially to see her go downhill to CBS. As mentioned earlier, I hope she at least got a huge raise, otherwise I can't grasp any logical incentive.

:shrug:

:yeahthat:

#13 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:52 AM

View PostLiz, on 07 November 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

Catherine Herridge Starts With CBS This Month — And People Are Still Upset

'Sorry to see her go' from Fox News, wrote one commenter online about the reporter, 'but I cannot follow her'

LifeZette
By PopZette Staff
November 5, 2019

Excerpt:

4.) “She said the following: ‘I feel privileged to join a team where facts and storytelling will always matter.’
*snip*

Full Article

yeah riiiiight - they hide the 'facts' that matter, and engage in more 'story-telling'... <_<

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users