RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Programs in SF, NYC help relocate homeless to Texas and other states - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Programs in SF, NYC help relocate homeless to Texas and other states Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:36 AM

Programs in SF, NYC help relocate homeless to Texas and other states
By Jennifer Kendall
11/06/2019
FOX 7 Austin

<More Surprise Here>

AUSTIN, Texas - The Mayor of Austin said it's an "urban myth" that homeless people move here from other cities, but program directors in at least two major cities with growing homelessness confirm they provide relocation assistance for the homeless. In many cases, those people are moving to Texas.

"Every professional that I talk to in this field tells me that that's an urban myth," Mayor Steve Adler said in an interview with Fox 7 Austin in August.

He claims the majority of homeless people in Austin became homeless while living here, but members of the homeless community say otherwise.

"There's people coming from North Carolina, Washington, Virginia, I come from Galveston myself," said Clyde Cates who has been homeless for the past three years.

"There's a lot of people from other places, but there's people from Austin, too," said Christopher Ackerson who has been homeless for the past 10 months.

Some of those other places include New York City and San Francisco.

The Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing in San Francisco said 30 percent of their homeless population became homeless before moving to the city. They started the "Homeward Bound" program to help some of them move again, to a place where they have family or friends that can help them find housing. 230 people in that program have been relocated to Texas since 2015.

Meanwhile, the Department of Social Services in New York City said they have relocated 12,000 people to other places through their Special One Time Assistance program. More than half of them moved out of state, to places that include Texas' capital city.

In a statement, DSS spokesperson Isaac McGinn said:

(snip)

<More Surprise Here>

#2 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:26 PM

Isn't Austin where most of the celebutards have vacation homes?

#3 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

The Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing in San Francisco

WTF? Bang up job fella's :2up:

:rolleyes:

#4 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:11 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 08 November 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

"Every professional that I talk to in this field tells me that that's an urban myth," Mayor Steve Adler said in an interview with Fox 7 Austin in August.

What is it with leftists always using the same formula and a certain segment of people falling for it?

Itís an appeal to anonymous authority, with facts claimed but nothing verifiable. Whether itís homeless in Austin or impeachment by Ukraine, the formula is the same.

The incessant lying is despicable and deserves a meeting with a cruise missile.

#5 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:27 AM

View Postzurg, on 10 November 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

What is it with leftists always using the same formula and a certain segment of people falling for it?

It's an appeal to anonymous authority, with facts claimed but nothing verifiable. Whether it's homeless in Austin or impeachment by Ukraine, the formula is the same.

The incessant lying is despicable and deserves a meeting with a cruise missile.

Adler is one of the dumbest persons on the planet.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users