RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump Says Prescription Drug Importation Promised In July Is Coming - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump Says Prescription Drug Importation Promised In July Is Coming 'Soon' Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

  • ***-----------***
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 51,799
  • Joined: 28-February 03

  Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:34 AM

Trump Says Prescription Drug Importation Promised In July Is Coming 'Soon'

Washington Examiner
by Cassidy Morrison
November 22, 2019 04:01 PM

Excerpt:

President Trump said Friday that he is working on a plan to allow Florida and other states to import less expensive prescription drugs, a promise the administration made four months ago.

"Hard-working Americans donít deserve to pay such high prices for the drugs they need. We are fighting DAILY to make sure this HAPPENS..." Trump tweeted.

*snip*

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, signed legislation in June to allow prescription drug importation into the state, breaking with GOP orthodoxy. The measure would require a sign-off from the Trump Department of Health and Human Services.

Secretary Alex Azar, who had previously derided the idea of drug importation as a "gimmick," said in July that the agency would set rules for states or wholesalers to set up drug importation programs that abided by Food and Drug Administration standards.

*snip*

Full Article
0

#2 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 32,172
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:19 AM

It's about damned time this happened!

American big pharma and the big drug store chains have lobbied and gotten laws passed by the feds to make them a monopoly (eliminate all competition) and to charge outrageous prices for their products, making from 1500 to 5000% markup profits.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 23 November 2019 - 12:18 PM

0

#3 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 21,846
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

MIXED Opinions.

ON THE ONE HAND: Yes, Big Pharma needs a smackdown.

TRUE STORY: As a volunteer EMS "First Responder", I know the cost of Epi pens here in the USA. I also know the cost in Germany, where I frequently travel on business. And if a couple dozen just happened to fall into my suitcase on my most recent trip? Well, golly, I wouldn't know anything about that - I'm just terrible worried about getting stung by a Bee. They're all for "personal use". Honest.

ON THE OTHER HAND: Buying in Germany (and/or other EU) is one thing. They have 'standards'. But... open it to where China et al are also producers? I'm uncomfortable with that.
0

#4 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 21,846
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:56 PM

View PostLiz, on 23 November 2019 - 02:34 AM, said:

Trump Says Prescription Drug Importation Promised In July Is Coming 'Soon'


"Soon". yeah, okay.

Should I take that to mean "Before" or "After" the same "Soon" under which I.G. Horowitz's report is mythically going to released???
0

#5 User is offline   Moderator T 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 37,691
  • Joined: 02-October 03

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:46 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 23 November 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

MIXED Opinions.

ON THE ONE HAND: Yes, Big Pharma needs a smackdown.

TRUE STORY: As a volunteer EMS "First Responder", I know the cost of Epi pens here in the USA. I also know the cost in Germany, where I frequently travel on business. And if a couple dozen just happened to fall into my suitcase on my most recent trip? Well, golly, I wouldn't know anything about that - I'm just terrible worried about getting stung by a Bee. They're all for "personal use". Honest.

ON THE OTHER HAND: Buying in Germany (and/or other EU) is one thing. They have 'standards'. But... open it to where China et al are also producers? I'm uncomfortable with that.

What, you don't want lead in your Epi-Pen? Geez
0

#6 User is offline   Moderator T 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 37,691
  • Joined: 02-October 03

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

Hopefully this will help lower drug prices. I get that prices are high in part to pay for R&D. I'm fine with that. However prices on other drugs, such as Epinephrine as mentioned above, is ridiculously high. I also take issue with the rest of the world getting drugs cheaply while US consumers alone foot the bill for research. I'm glad to see this.
0

#7 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,959
  • Joined: 22-October 03

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:23 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 23 November 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

"Soon". yeah, okay.

Should I take that to mean "Before" or "After" the same "Soon" under which I.G. Horowitz's report is mythically going to released???


I would believe his soon over the soon from the DOJ. At least with him he believes in deliverables to the public. The DOJ not so much.

View PostModerator T, on 23 November 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Hopefully this will help lower drug prices. I get that prices are high in part to pay for R&D. I'm fine with that. However prices on other drugs, such as Epinephrine as mentioned above, is ridiculously high. I also take issue with the rest of the world getting drugs cheaply while US consumers alone foot the bill for research. I'm glad to see this.


Some of these countries get the drugs below cost. WE are billed to make up for the losses to them. That is another of those wonderful reasons.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users