RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump supporters brace for Thanksgiving dinner - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump supporters brace for Thanksgiving dinner 'The hatred now is just unbelievable' Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:06 AM

Trump supporters brace for Thanksgiving dinner: 'The hatred now is just unbelievable'
By James Varney
The Washington Times
Wednesday, November 27, 2019

<More About The Unhinged left Here>

The self-described "last Republican on the Upper West Side" will join family for Thanksgiving dinner and arrive fully armored.

"Well, I hope to have a good time," Suzanne Pederson said of the annual family celebration, "but I probably won't."

This will be the nation's fourth Thanksgiving since Donald Trump was elected president and the first since the Democrats' perpetually simmering effort to impeach him fanned into flame. That development has some professionals cautioning that even a perfectly cooked turkey and stuffing can be ruined by a political fight at the table.

Knowing few Manhattan lairs are welcome to President Trump's supporters, Ms. Pederson said, she has no intention of mentioning the president's name or policies, but as a guest of devout Democrats, she expects political topics to arise anyway.

"The thing I hate the most is being baited and falling for it," she said. "When they sidle up and say, 'Help me understand what appeals to you about him,' when you know you're on the Upper West Side and they're not listening to a word I say."

The retired public relations executive said she isn't sure "if I should put duct tape or Scotch tape over my mouth before I go to these parties."

Political discussions are always a dinner table minefield, and avoiding them has been a staple of the holiday advice business for decades. But observers said they now see a more pronounced, venomous side that could prove more injurious to families down the road.

"Some have said they've lost friends and don't like family members over this president," said John Osterlind, a libertarian radio show host in New Orleans. "I say if that's the case, those weren't really friends and you already had a problem with those family members."

"What I have seen dealing with Trump is an intrusion of politics into the therapeutic space that I've never seen before because people are so depressed, and Trump's election was such a triggering event for my clients in particular," said Lisa Litt, a professor at the New School for Social Research and a New York City psychologist, most of whose patients are women and many of whom have been victims of sexual assault or harassment.

"But more often than not, people are trying to avoid such conversations because they are so upsetting," Ms. Litt said.

(snip)

<More About The Unhinged left Here>

#2 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:20 AM

Knowing few Manhattan lairs are welcome to President Trump's supporters, Ms. Pederson said, she has no intention of mentioning the president's name or policies, but as a guest of devout Democrats, she expects political topics to arise anyway.

"The thing I hate the most is being baited and falling for it," she said. "When they sidle up and say, 'Help me understand what appeals to you about him,' when you know you're on the Upper West Side and they're not listening to a word I say."

Well Miss Pederson always has the option to NOT attend?

#3 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:46 AM

Thatís why I do Thanksgiving at my house. Politics arenít welcome from any side. My mom is an outspoken Trump supporter (which is weird because she was pretty liberal when I was growing up) and my sister-in-law is equally anti-Trump Hillary voter.

Today will be about the three Fs.. food, family and football. Anything else is out for one day.

#4 User is offline   donsaliman 

• <no title>

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Hey I would talk about President Trump and how great he is on Thanksgiving, then you can save all that money that you will save on Christmas giftshttp://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/froehlich214.gif

This post has been edited by donsaliman: 28 November 2019 - 10:52 AM

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:01 AM

I've got the few libtards in my family (and my libtarded friends) all trained on not to ever bring up their anti-Trump :bs: at our gatherings because they have always received far more back than they had ever bargained for when I put them all in their place by whittling them down into their bloody stubs of stupidity by using common sense, logic and facts. They know better now than to ever start their crap at our gatherings and we can still enjoy one another's company.

I wish that more people would get the cajones to stand up and speak up against these proggy snowflakes because only then they would learn to STFU if conservatives were not so passive, tolerant and acquiescing of their constant bitching, pissing and moaning about everything. These were ranting "no spank" children that were always allowed to get away with their rude selfish crap against adults that now often have to be taught consideration, manners and tact later in life that is if people are willing to step up and do it?

It's sad that it has ever come down to this?

But some like myself are tired of sitting back and allowing ourselves and others to have these people running us over all of the time. Consideration and manners are a two way street.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 28 November 2019 - 11:53 AM

#6 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:46 PM

View Postcorporal_little, on 28 November 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Thatís why I do Thanksgiving at my house. Politics arenít welcome from any side. My mom is an outspoken Trump supporter (which is weird because she was pretty liberal when I was growing up) and my sister-in-law is equally anti-Trump Hillary voter.

Today will be about the three Fs.. food, family and football. Anything else is out for one day.

Thatís great!

More people need to remember that they were kin before anything else.

Good on you as host to enforce civilized etiquette.

#7 User is offline   corporal_little 

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:40 PM

View PostOathtaker, on 28 November 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Thatís great!

More people need to remember that they were kin before anything else.

Good on you as host to enforce civilized etiquette.

Iím sitting here with a buddy sipping on some whiskey and watching Bears vs Lions so full I can barely move. Half my family is playing a board game in the dining room and rest are watching a movie in the media room. Great times. The movie people are losing the media room when the Cowboys come on....

#8 User is online   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:49 PM

View Postcorporal_little, on 28 November 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Iím sitting here with a buddy sipping on some whiskey and watching Bears vs Lions so full I can barely move. Half my family is playing a board game in the dining room and rest are watching a movie in the media room. Great times. The movie people are losing the media room when the Cowboys come on....

New Ejection Seat Will Launch Anyone Who Brings Up Politics On Thanksgiving Into The Stratosphere

https://babylonbee.com/img/articles/article-5203-2.jpg

We're looking into purchasing one of these.

#9 User is offline   corporal_little 

Posted 28 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 28 November 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

New Ejection Seat Will Launch Anyone Who Brings Up Politics On Thanksgiving Into The Stratosphere

Lol

#10 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:15 PM

View Postcorporal_little, on 28 November 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

My wife's family is rather mixed, but there are a small number of outspoken libs. They know my stance on most issues, and we have a 'truce' in place during holiday get-togethers. If anyone even hints at such a topic, I just give them a hard look and tell them that "we are getting along right now, and that they really don't want to go there".

#11 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 28 November 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

:biglaugh:

Oldie, but goodie..
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/429/800/44f.jpg
It works in cranberry sauce too, if you do want to wait until dessert.

#12 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:13 PM

My mother-in-law's approach to things veering off course during such gatherings was to say "Isn't it nice we're having weather." Her signal to shut up and change the subject.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users