RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: ‘The Wrong Black Guy’: Clarence Thomas Hammers Biden Over Anita Hill - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

‘The Wrong Black Guy’: Clarence Thomas Hammers Biden Over Anita Hill Questions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:41 AM

‘The Wrong Black Guy’: Clarence Thomas Hammers Biden Over Anita Hill Questions

Washington Examiner
by Madison Dibble
November 28, 2019 12:18 PM

Excerpt:

Justice Clarence Thomas condemned his treatment by the Joe Biden-led Judiciary Committee during his confirmation to the Supreme Court in 1991.

Thomas, 71, was featured in a yet-to-be-released documentary in which he describes his chaotic confirmation to the court amid allegations from Anita Hill that he had sexually harassed her prior to his nomination. The justice denied ever sexually harassing anyone, but Hill’s accusations became the focus of his confirmation, similar to the confirmation of Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Thomas claimed he was targeted with the allegations because of his conservative views on abortion.

He told the filmmakers, “Do I have like stupid written on the back of my shirt? I mean come on. We know what this is all about. People should just tell the truth: 'This is the wrong black guy; he has to be destroyed.' Just say it. Then now we're at least honest with each other. The idea was to get rid of me. And then, after I was there, it was to undermine me."

Thomas noted that the Judiciary Committee under Biden’s leadership wanted to target him to protect the court’s ruling on Roe v. Wade. He didn’t mention Biden by name, but he highlighted Biden’s line of questioning about natural law during the hearings.

"I have no idea what he was talking about. I understood what he was trying to do. I didn't really appreciate it," he explained. "Natural law was nothing more than a way of tricking me into talking about abortion."

Thomas added, “Most of my opponents on the judiciary committee cared about only one thing: How would I rule on abortion rights. You really didn't matter, and your life didn't matter. What mattered is what they wanted and what they wanted was this particular issue."

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:40 PM

The Thomas and Bork hearings were the first instance of the progressive goon squads in action. Watching those proceedings revealed a new and virulent kind of partisanship by the Progressives. It also revealed the dalliance between the media and politicians they were supposed to cover. Nina Totenberg of NPR was the most obvious.

I remember at the time that I had never seen such hatred and corrupt actions by American politicians.

Among Progressives it has not abated.

#3 User is offline   sunangel1776 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Silver

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

View PostCoach, on 29 November 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

The Thomas and Bork hearings were the first instance of the progressive goon squads in action. Watching those proceedings revealed a new and virulent kind of partisanship by the Progressives. It also revealed the dalliance between the media and politicians they were supposed to cover. Nina Totenberg of NPR was the most obvious.

I remember at the time that I had never seen such hatred and corrupt actions by American politicians.

Among Progressives it has not abated.

:yeahthat:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users