RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Bloomberg: We need to levy painful taxes against the poor - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bloomberg: We need to levy painful taxes against the poor to control their behavior - for their own good Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:43 PM

Bloomberg: We need to levy painful taxes against the poor - to control their behavior - for their own good
By Robert Laurie
Published November 29, 2019 at 10:05am
HermanCain.com

<More Typical democrat Behavior/Policy Here>

While you were eating your Turkey, stuffing, and gravy which you shouldn't have been allowed to eat because it's bad for you an old video was going viral on Twitter and Facebook. It was originally shot at the IMF's 2018 Spring Meeting, but was given new life by the folks over at PJ Media. In it, newly announced 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg discusses taxation.

More specifically, he talks about how onerous taxes can be used to alter the behavior of the poor, because they'll feel the impact more acutely than the rich.

"[Some] say, well, 'taxes are regressive.' But in this case, yes they are, that's the good thing about them. Because the problem is in people that don't have a lot of money. And so higher taxes should have a bigger impact on their behavior and how they deal with themselves."

So I listen to people saying, 'Oh, we don't want to tax the poor.' Well, we want the poor to live longer so that they can get an education and enjoy life. That's why you do want to do exactly what a lot of people say you don't want to do.

The question is: do you want to pander to those people or do you want to get them to live longer?" he continued. "And there's just no question. If you raise taxes on full sugary drinks, for example, they will drink less. And there's just no question that full sugar drinks are one of the major contributors to obesity, and obesity is one of the major contributors to heart disease and cancer and a variety of other things."

In other words, you poor, little, wretches are too stupid to take care of yourselves, so Nanny Bloomberg is going to hit you in the pocketbook until you change. That's a spectacular level of arrogance the kind thing that politicians are usually smart enough not to say. Bloomberg's reputation for looking down on his supposed inferiors is apparently well-earned.

Before some argues that he has a point about the detrimental effects of sugary soda, allow me to agree. Yes. They're bad for you. The amount of sugar Americans intake is generally pretty shocking.

However, that's none of Bloomberg's business. We aren't subjects in this country.

(snip)

<More Typical democrat Behavior/Policy Here>

#2 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:09 PM

He's in a race with Face Like Puckered Anus to see who can self-destruct faster?

#3 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

I suppose thinking up ways to get normal people jobs instead of just more ways to tax them is out of the question?

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 29 November 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Bloomberg: We need to levy painful taxes against the poor - to control their behavior - for their own good

Yes! I like it. "Control their Behavior".

And the behavior that MOST needs to be controlled is the tendency to vote for politicians who promise "free stuff" with the full expectation that the rest of us will be paying for it rather than themselves.

Go ahead, tax the bejeesus out of these people. Make them FINALLY start paying for the stuff they've been voting for. Make it painful. Tax them until their ears bleed.

#5 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:32 PM

Dean Adam Smithee, on 29 November 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

And the behavior that MOST needs to be controlled is the tendency to vote for politicians who promise "free stuff" with the full expectation that the rest of us will be paying for it rather than themselves.

Go ahead, tax the bejeesus out of these people. Make them FINALLY start paying for the stuff they've been voting for. Make it painful. Tax them until their ears bleed.

I like the cut of your jib.

#6 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:35 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 29 November 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

:clap:

#7 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:44 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 29 November 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

I wonder if he realizes that might stanch the flow of all those immigrants he says he wants to welcome to the country when he's POTUS... :scratch:

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

I'd sure love to control BLOOMBERG'S <censored>ING BEHAVIOR with punitive taxes!

The good for nothing rotten low life SOB!

#9 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:22 PM

So the first thing he does is tank his campaign, why?

#10 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:47 PM

View Posttailgunner, on 29 November 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

He's a commie proggy.

He actually believes this shidt and believes that most people out there do too. :nuts:

#11 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:47 PM

View Posttailgunner, on 29 November 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

To be fair it also the second and third thing he's done. Here'a a clip from an interview he did about China:

https://twitter.com/...950711188819968

Somehighlights:

1) Xi is a good man who leads with both the consent and love of his people

2) Ignore Hong Kong

3) China's pollution isn't a big deal

4) China's totally not communist, its a democracy where elections truly matter

#12 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:01 AM

http://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/71e599cd5f3eecc749047046d123947b4ed4de1e8a712141c0c71934621e64d6.jpg

He's not a guy, he's a little <censored>!

#13 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:02 AM

Moderator T, on 29 November 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

To be fair it also the second and third thing he's done. Here'a a clip from an interview he did about China:

https://twitter.com/...950711188819968

Somehighlights:

1) Xi is a good man who leads with both the consent and love of his people

2) Ignore Hong Kong

3) China's pollution isn't a big deal

4) China's totally not communist, its a democracy where elections truly matter

Mike the midget is a typical leftard, praise the foreign countries first and foremost,then <censored> on America.

<censored> that fascist midget, it will be a joy seeing his joke of a Presidential candidacy go down in flames.

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 30 November 2019 - 12:03 AM

#14 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:05 AM

tailgunner, on 29 November 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

Cause he's a <censored>ing bozo.

Ben Cranklin, on 29 November 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

He's in a race with Face Like Puckered Anus to see who can self-destruct faster?

:exactly:

#15 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:11 AM

Yet Bloomberg calls himself a republican? :wtf:

Of course he was once a democrap and he really never stopped being a commie democrap and just became a RINO merely for political opportunity.

All northeastern republicans are RINOS. They are really proggy democraps as they would NEVER have gotten elected to office up there in the first place if they really were conservative republicans because the people living up there are pretty much proggy commies themselves.

I remember many here were Romney "the commie" supporters and I had told them this about him and I was flamed repeatedly for it.

I was proven to be correct once again. :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users