RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Kamala Harris suffers new blow as aide resigns with scathing letter - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kamala Harris suffers new blow as aide resigns with scathing letter 'I've never seen staff treated so poorly' Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:56 PM

Kamala Harris suffers new blow as aide resigns with scathing letter: 'I've never seen staff treated so poorly'
The Independent
Alex Woodward
November 29, 2019
Yahoo News

<More Surprise Here>

A blistering resignation letter from a member of the Kamala Harris campaign paints a picture of low morale among staffers of a directionless campaign with "no real plan to win" ahead of the crucial Iowa caucus in 2020.

According to the New York Times, the sentiments expressed in a letter from now-former state operations manager Kelly Mehlenbacher were corroborated by more than 50 current and former campaign staffers and allies, speaking largely on the condition of anonymity to disclose the campaign's many flaws and tactical errors, from focusing on the wrong states to targeting the wrong candidates, as a frustrated campaign staff draws closer to 2020 Democratic primaries, which at one point counted the California Senator as a likely star.

Ms Mehlenbacher's letter came a few days after a November staff meeting during which aides pressed campaign manager Juan Rodriguez about strategy and finances after sweeping layoffs ahead of the campaign's movement in Iowa.

"While I still believe Senator Harris is the strongest candidate" in 2020, Ms Mehlenbacher said, "I have never seen an organisation treat its staff so poorly ... I no longer have confidence in our campaign or its leadership. The treatment of our staff over the last two weeks was the final straw."

She said it was "unacceptable" to move campaign staff from Washington DC to headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland, "only to lay them off without notice" with "no plan for the campaign" and "without thoughtful consideration of the personal consequences to them or the consequences that their absence would have on the remaining staff."

In the letter, dated 11 November, Ms Mehlenbacher said that "neither the campaign manager or the chair" had addressed the staff "to explain, apologise or reassure" those who remain.

"Something has got to give."

(snip)

<More Surprise Here>

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:11 PM

Kamala Harris suffers new blow as aide...

Nevermind. I read that completely wrong. :blush:

#3 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:58 PM

(Warning: repetitive use of certain adult language - but with an underlying message.)

The greatest rapper of all time time made a song for Kamala. "Keep your head up, legs closed, eyes open." Sleeping your way to the top only works so much.

#4 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

"While I still believe Senator Harris is the strongest candidate" in 2020, Ms Mehlenbacher said, "I have never seen an organisation treat its staff so poorly ... I no longer have confidence in our campaign or its leadership.

Interesting......she still believes Harris is the "strongest candidate" yet finds the organization treats it's staff so poorly that she has lost confidence in the campaign and its leadership.

Isn't the candidate the ultimate leader of the campaign?

Don't her reasons for quitting pretty damingly show that Harris has no skill in managing a campaign, its staff or even in the selection of lower tier ''leaders"?

So how does she still figure that Harris is the ''strongest candidate"??

Or is this just another liberal that figures because Harris has female parts and is of color, she 'deserves' it?

#5 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:14 PM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 29 November 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

Interesting......she still believes Harris is the "strongest candidate" yet finds the organization treats it's staff so poorly that she has lost confidence in the campaign and its leadership.

Don't her reasons for quitting pretty damingly show that Harris has no skill in managing a campaign, its staff or even in the selection of lower tier ''leaders"?

Or is this just another liberal that figures because Harris has female parts and is of color, she 'deserves' it?

My guess is she is hoping to be employable in her field after this dust-up blows away. Going to be tough getting that 4th campaign under her belt now.

#6 User is offline   moocow 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:20 PM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 29 November 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

Maybe that says more about the other candidates and the democrat field as a whole?

#7 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:32 PM

View PostJunto, on 29 November 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

(Warning: repetitive use of certain adult language - but with an underlying message.)

The greatest rapper of all time time made a song for Kamala. "Keep your head up, legs closed, eyes open." Sleeping your way to the top only works so much.

In case any of you missed this headline from earlier in the year, Kamala claimed she used to smoke weed and listen to Tupac in the 80s. Even though he is the greatest rapper of all time, he wasn't rapping in the 80s (she got caught fibbin'). The song is still dead-on for her though.

#8 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:58 PM

Kamel Toe, going down faster than she did on Willie Brown.

#9 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostJunto, on 29 November 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

My guess is she is hoping to be employable in her field after this dust-up blows away. Going to be tough getting that 4th campaign under her belt now.

That was my first thought as well, although, anyone signing on to a high profile campaign where they promise everything to everyone to win should know that their job is to say yes, ask how high when told to jump and to generally accept that they will be treated like dirt because, as we have seen, the candidates care only about themselves and their personal agenda ( which is generally different than their espoused platform ).

#10 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:18 AM

How do you think she would treat the whole country, especially areas that didn't vote for her, if this is the way she treats her campaign staff? The fish rots from the head.

#11 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:31 PM

View PostSeverian, on 30 November 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

How do you think she would treat the whole country, especially areas that didn't vote for her, if this is the way she treats her campaign staff? The fish rots from the head.

The little people are there only to worship and serve their overlord, right?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users