RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: ‘More than 11,000 experts’ call for *population control - RightNation.US

‘More than 11,000 experts’ call for *population control (*excluding population of ‘experts’) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:20 PM

'More than 11,000 experts' call for *population control (*excluding population of 'experts')
Posted at 10:29 am on November 30, 2019
by Doug P.
Twitchy

<More Typical lefty Pipe Dreams At Your Expense Here>

They say history repeats itself, and for good reason: Because it does. This latest example might give those of a certain age flashbacks to the late 1960s and all through the 1970s:

Bloomberg

@business
About 11,000 scientists call for population control in mass climate alarm https://bloom.bg/33AuzRy

Earth Needs Fewer People to Beat the Climate Crisis, Scientists Say
More than 11,000 experts sign an emergency declaration warning that energy, food and reproduction must change immediately.

bloomberg.com
1:06 AM - Nov 30, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
280 people are talking about this

Via Bloomberg Business:

Now, four decades later, a larger group of scientists is sounding another, much more urgent alarm. More than 11,000 experts from around the world are calling for a critical addition to the main strategy of dumping fossil fuels for renewable energy: there needs to be far fewer humans on the planet. "We declare, with more than 11,000 scientist signatories from around the world, clearly and unequivocally that planet Earth is facing a climate emergency," the scientists wrote in a stark warning published Tuesday in the journal BioScience.

From our perspective, this sums it up best:

NeverTweet
@LOLNeverTweet
Replying to @LOLNeverTweet
About 11,000 scientists declare that there is waaaaaay too much of you, just the right amount of them.

8:20 AM - Nov 30, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
24 people are talking about this

That does always seem to be what they're saying, along with constantly pointing out that much more wealth needs to be transferred from the private sector into the hands of government bureaucrats.

(snp)

#2 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:30 PM

Nothing that can't be solved by using a few Sunrise Surprises on parts of the world, with the added benefit that the "nuclear winter" would combat global warming. It's a twofer!

#3 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:59 PM

Then they should immediately kill themselves. That's 11,000 rich idiots we would have to contend with. Notice all the "great minds" like Hitler notice they are not part of the great solution they demand others act upon.

#4 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:44 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 01 December 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

Then they should immediately kill themselves. That's 11,000 rich idiots we would have to contend with. Notice all the "great minds" like Hitler notice they are not part of the great solution they demand others act upon.

They should kill all their families first. Then themselves.

#5 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:54 PM

Was Bill Nye one of the “experts?”

My bet is, yes.

#6 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 01 December 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

More than 11,000 experts from around the world are calling for a critical addition to the main strategy of dumping fossil fuels for renewable energy: there needs to be far fewer humans on the planet.

I'm not concerned about our climate. The CO2 issue is being addressed by the private sector. EVERY vehicle manufacturer is adding electric vehicles to their lineup. If anything, environmentalists need to lighten up on their opposition to hydroelectric dam construction based on their concerns about the habitats of bugs and rodents.

Regarding population control, I have to admit there seems to be more and more parasites moving to successful nations in seek of welfare. It's not sustainable. I say give them welfare...just not the kind they're used to.

Offer them taxpayer-funded voluntary vasectomies and an income tax break afterwards. As a believer in the genetic aspects of behavior I believe it would help reduce the number of slackers seeing how they're the ones in need of cash. Being entirely voluntary it could not be criticized as racist. It's also more "fair", seeing how people with no children shouldn't be forced to finance public education.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should mention that I've had a vasectomy and would appreciate a tax break for my "sacrifice". :lol:

#7 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

View Posttailgunner, on 01 December 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

They should kill all their families first. Then themselves.

No, their families might be worthwhile people. The experts, on the other hand...

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:27 PM

An "ex" is a has-been and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.

That's why when you put a has-been drip under pressure, they'll proclaim themselves an "expert" every time.

B)

#9 User is online   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

We can start with Manhattan, greater Los Angeles, greater SF, Chicago, Portland, and Brussels.

#10 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:39 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 01 December 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

:exactly:

Beat me to it.

They should lead by example and go kill themselves right now.

It would be their holiday season's gift to the world.

We would all be living in Bedford Falls instead of Pottersville.

#11 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 01 December 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

I'm not concerned about our climate. The CO2 issue is being addressed by the private sector. EVERY vehicle manufacturer is adding electric vehicles to their lineup. If anything, environmentalists need to lighten up on their opposition to hydroelectric dam construction based on their concerns about the habitats of bugs and rodents...

I'd like to see nuclear make a comeback... But NOT the nuclear as we've known it since the 1950s with "Pressurized Water" (Three Mile Island, Chernobyl) and/or "Boiling Water" (Fukishima) reactors. It's not that those designs are inherently unsafe on their own merits; It's that those designs are inherently unsafe IN THE HANDS OF any organization the operates with anything less than a military-grade level of discipline amongst both the workers and the management. (Nuclear + Typical 'corporate' management + Union workforce = Kaboom!)

What I don't understand - and this is probably several post-graduate years beyond me (MS Applied Physics, with the operative word being "Applied" rather than "Theoretical"; IOW I'm more "Engineer" than "Scientist") - Is why we can't somehow harvest electricity DIRECTLY from the "Electromagnetic pulse" and/or "Electron cloud" that accompanies a nuclear reaction RATHER THAN (merely) harvesting the heat of the reaction to create steam to drive generators which is like, dude, SOOOO 1890s; Every nuclear plant in operation today is essentially the equivalent of an 'atomic' Steam Locomotive. The word 'anachronism' doesn't EVEN suffice. There's GOTTA be an easier way.

#12 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 01 December 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

We can start with Manhattan, greater Los Angeles, greater SF, Chicago, Portland, and Brussels.

Brussels?

How about The Hague, instead, home of the (so-called) "International court of Justice". I'll even throw in Berlin as sweetener.

Besides, we Americans owe a debt of gratitude towards Brussels. Without their namesake 'sprouts', how else would we as children have learned the necessary discipline to make the USA the greatest nation on earth??? ("You'll sit there, young man, until you eat every one of them.")

#13 User is offline   Mr.Bill 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:34 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 01 December 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

'More than 11,000 experts' call for *population control (*excluding population of 'experts')
Posted at 10:29 am on November 30, 2019
by Doug P.
Twitchy

They say history repeats itself, and for good reason: Because it does. This latest example might give those of a certain age flashbacks to the late 1960s and all through the 1970s:

Via Bloomberg Business:

Now, four decades later, a larger group of scientists is sounding another, much more urgent alarm. More than 11,000 experts from around the world are calling for a critical addition to the main strategy of dumping fossil fuels for renewable energy: there needs to be far fewer humans on the planet. "We declare, with more than 11,000 scientist signatories from around the world, clearly and unequivocally that planet Earth is facing a climate emergency," the scientists wrote in a stark warning published Tuesday in the journal BioScience.

From our perspective, this sums it up best:

[/size]

That does always seem to be what they're saying, along with constantly pointing out that much more wealth needs to be transferred from the private sector into the hands of government bureaucrats.

(snp)

I'd like to see the list of 11,000. The article can only find 364 of them. Some are Veterinarians, Social Psychologists, a Post Doctoral Fellow of Psychology, a History Researcher, a Clinical Psychologist, a Professor at Royal Veterinary College. How do any of these qualify as experts in climatology?

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:14 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 01 December 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

Besides, we Americans owe a debt of gratitude towards Brussels. Without their namesake 'sprouts', how else would we as children have learned the necessary discipline to make the USA the greatest nation on earth??? ("You'll sit there, young man, until you eat every one of them.")

Mmmm...I LOVE Brussels sprouts. Seriously good food.

:yes:

#15 User is online   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

Brussels?

Home of the EU

How about The Hague, instead, home of the (so-called) "International court of Justice". I'll even throw in Berlin as sweetener.

:D

still can't eat them. One of the very few foods whose taste makes me gag. Texture is another matter entirely. I fully admit that I have serious food texture issues :P

View PostMr.Bill, on 01 December 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

I'd like to see the list of 11,000. The article can only find 364 of them. Some are Veterinarians, Social Psychologists, a Post Doctoral Fellow of Psychology, a History Researcher, a Clinical Psychologist, a Professor at Royal Veterinary College. How do any of these qualify as experts in climatology?

:rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 01 December 2019 - 10:21 PM

#16 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:16 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 01 December 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

I'd like to see nuclear make a comeback... But NOT the nuclear as we've known it since the 1950s with "Pressurized Water" (Three Mile Island, Chernobyl) and/or "Boiling Water" (Fukishima) reactors. It's not that those designs are inherently unsafe on their own merits; It's that those designs are inherently unsafe IN THE HANDS OF any organization the operates with anything less than a military-grade level of discipline amongst both the workers and the management. (Nuclear + Typical 'corporate' management + Union workforce = Kaboom!)

What I don't understand - and this is probably several post-graduate years beyond me (MS Applied Physics, with the operative word being "Applied" rather than "Theoretical"; IOW I'm more "Engineer" than "Scientist") - Is why we can't somehow harvest electricity DIRECTLY from the "Electromagnetic pulse" and/or "Electron cloud" that accompanies a nuclear reaction RATHER THAN (merely) harvesting the heat of the reaction to create steam to drive generators which is like, dude, SOOOO 1890s; Every nuclear plant in operation today is essentially the equivalent of an 'atomic' Steam Locomotive. The word 'anachronism' doesn't EVEN suffice. There's GOTTA be an easier way.

I see nuclear as a last resort due to the waste disposal issues. We have a lot of untapped hydroelectric potential in the United States. Most of it is being blocked by environmentalists. There are studies out there showing how we can tap it in an environmentally friendly way, but the environmentalists blocking many of the sites are more concerned about the rights of bugs and rodents than our own energy needs. Pretty strange, considering they don't mind chopping up birds with wind turbines...

#17 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:59 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 01 December 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

Mmmm...I LOVE Brussels sprouts. Seriously good food.

:yes:

We roast ours with a little bit of olive oil and salt. The outer leaves get all burny. So darn good

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:13 AM

View PostModerator T, on 01 December 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

We roast ours with a little bit of olive oil and salt. The outer leaves get all burny. So darn good

Yeah, I've had 'em that way too. Nom Nom Nom!

Me, I usually just steam 'em and smother 'em in butter (real butter, mind you, not margarine or even worse "lowfat spread", LOL.)

But I love 'em so much I'll even occasionally buy 'em frozen in a plastic bag and just stick 'em in the microwave. It's hard to ruin anything that delicious.

B)

#19 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:07 AM

Howsithangin, on 01 December 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

:exactly:

#20 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:14 AM

Science isn't conducted by polling scientists.

Even if they actually are scientists.

I wonder how many of these guys are part of the Union of Concerned Scientists, who have been at this stupid, unscientific crap for decades .....

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users