RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Mobile Phone Detection Cameras Are At Work Now In Australia - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mobile Phone Detection Cameras Are At Work Now In Australia When Will They Be Here? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:22 PM

Mobile Phone Detection Cameras Are At Work Now In Australia When Will They Be Here?

Drivers who use cell phones behind the wheel will be caught and fined, thanks to powerful technology

LifeZette
By The Political Insider Staff
December 1, 2019

Excerpt:

You knew it was coming and now its here.

Well, not specifically here in America yet but you can put money on it that mobile phone detection cameras will be the norm throughout our country very soon.

An Australian state has decided enough is enough.

Since drivers wont follow laws and stay off their cell phones while behind the wheel, the state made a huge move to use artificial intelligence to detect those who illegally use their mobile phones while driving.

Starting December 1, this area is the first to do so.

And its likely only a year or so before that technology is in America, in my view to catch drivers behind the wheels and fine them an absurd amount of money for not being safe behind the wheel.

On one side, the government will invade your privacy with powerful cameras to see what youre doing in your car and let artificial intelligence decide if its worthy enough to hand off to a human for review.

On the other, too many drivers are in accidents or are impeded from traveling to their destinations on time because those on their cell phones are driving more slowly, causing delays and problems for others.

That can be alleviated now.

Let that sink in for a while.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:00 PM

View PostLiz, on 01 December 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Mobile Phone Detection Cameras Are At Work Now In Australia When Will They Be Here?

Drivers who use cell phones behind the wheel will be caught and fined, thanks to powerful technology

LifeZette
By The Political Insider Staff
December 1, 2019

Excerpt:

You knew it was coming and now its here.

Well, not specifically here in America yet but you can put money on it that mobile phone detection cameras will be the norm throughout our country very soon.

YES, it is. (Can't say exactly how i know this but it IS here).

And I'm not opposed. In fact I'm the #1 fan.

I commute through Atlanta GA to get to several projects in the area. Much has been written about how bad Atlanta traffic is; I won't belabor it.

Let's just say, getting through any given traffic light in one cycle takes "choreography"; If every driver is on the ball it can be done, usually... until some <censored> <censored><censored> dipstick in a Prius takes up the whole light texting rather than looking at the light.

And BEFORE anyone says "nanny state", just drive around I-285 in Atlanta on any given day, ponder the A-holes all around you, and contemplate that the average American might actually NEED a nanny.

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:54 PM

Good. These jerkoffs on their phones are worse than drunks.

#4 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:49 AM

View PostLadybird, on 02 December 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Good. These jerkoffs on their phones are worse than drunks.

You do realize that this is really no different than the Gov being able to listen to your calls and read your digital messages right?

It doesn't work by taken a photo of just those using or suspected of using their phones while driving. IT TAKES A PHOTO OF EVERYONE THEN AI SCANS ALL PHOTOS looking for something incriminating.
You know, everyone is guilty until proven innocent. Lord help you if when AI messes up and the Cops are looking for revenue. Imagine if you where simply holding a packet of tissues and the AI id'd that as a phone, then the cops agreed. Well, you don't have time to take of and sit at city hall or the court house all damn day know do you? So you pay the fine and take the points of your license. Well, how many times does this need to happen? Or how many people for that matter?

People using cell phones while driving is still a problem. But, it won't be solved with a mass dragnet that essentially assumes everyone guilty until proven innocent.
Plus, like any other camera people will quickly figure out where the Cameras are and simply put the phone out of view while passing underneath.
Want a system that works?
Simple, you take a very ordinary, mundane looking vehicle mount a few cameras on it, install a hard drive and have the officer, volunteer, Community Service officer or whom ever take pictures of the offender. One photo is of the license plate and one photo is of the person on the phone. The only defense a person could have is I was using my hands free I was on speaker, voice command etc.
But, the photo's show otherwise. Pay up and knock it off!. Start handing out very stiff fines, and the problem will all but cease real quick. And, as an added level of security/privacy or we ain't fooling around the Cops are required to Subpoena Cell records. Start handing out $500 and $1000 fines, it will get peoples attention real quick.
You will catch far more people using a non discript regular vehicle then you ever will with cameras.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users