RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Bloomberg Can't Win, But He Could Help Rreelect Trump - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bloomberg Can't Win, But He Could Help Rreelect Trump Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:04 PM

Bloomberg Can't Win, But He Could Help Rreelect Trump

The Hill
By Paul Bledsoe, opinion contributor
12/01/19 10:30 AM EST

The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

Excerpt:

For most Democrats, rightly fixated on beating Donald Trump, Michael Bloomberg’s campaign for President is about the last thing they need. The bitter irony is that Bloomberg, a mega-billionaire, lifelong Republican, and New York conservative, has no chance of actually winning this year’s populist-leaning Democratic nomination himself. But his candidacy holds a host of dangers for Democrats and could complicate their efforts to defeat Trump.

For one thing, Bloomberg’s campaign risks further dividing Democrats over issues of extreme wealth and economic fairness, emboldening far left candidates like Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and their supporters who see Bloomberg as the embodiment of the problem. In fact, Bloomberg’s money-fueled campaign seems to mirror or even legitimize Trump’s political approach of 2016. Of course, Bloomberg’s candidacy could also undermine Joe Biden, the candidate polls have consistently found most likely to beat Donald Trump in the general election.

Perhaps most dangerous, Bloomberg’s massive TV ad buys, with tens of millions already announced, may purchase just enough support in the huge Super Tuesday and other now early mega-primaries to prevent the Democrats from giving any single candidate a majority of delegates. This would increase the already growing chances of a brokered convention in Milwaukee this summer, potentially leaving a weakened, liberal Democratic nominee who lacks the legitimacy of gaining a majority of primary delegates.

All of this makes a mockery of Bloomberg’s stated intention that he is entering the race to increase the chances of beating Donald Trump. Instead, party leaders like Barack Obama should indicate to Democratic primary voters that Bloomberg’s erstwhile candidacy is a huge mistake, and Democrats should not support him because of these risks.

Even before Bloomberg threw his shiny silk top hat into the crowded Democratic ring, a series of changes to the Democratic nominating process and campaign practices have increased the chances that no candidate gains a majority of delegates before the convention in July.

California and other major states moved their primaries up to March, so that almost two-thirds of all Democratic delegates will be chosen by March 17. That means that money will play a much larger role in this nomination, and personal campaigning less, as Bloomberg knows, perhaps allowing him to siphon off the 15 percent generally needed in some big states to receive delegates.

Democrats have also prohibited Super Delegates from voting on the first ballot for the nomination — a decision the party arrived at after concerns that Hillary Clinton’s reliance on Super Delegates to gain the 2016 nomination alienated Sanders voters, especially the young. But the risks of increasing the chances of a far-left candidate winning the nomination, or preventing any candidate from gaining a majority, seem not to have been fully considered.

In addition, no longer can a handful of top Democratic fundraisers dominate the process, throwing support behind a moderate they view as most likely to prevail in a general election.

*snip*

Full Commentary

#2 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:15 PM

"New York conservative?" Bloomberg???

Just how far left is the chimp who typed that article to think feel that?

#3 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 02 December 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

:exactly:

The bitter irony is that Bloomberg, a mega-billionaire, lifelong Republican, and New York conservative,

"Lifelong republican"? :bs:

Yet another outright LIE.

<snip>
A lifelong Democrat before seeking elective office, Bloomberg switched his party registration in 2001 to run for mayor as a Republican.
<snip>

https://en.wikipedia...chael_Bloomberg

Nothing that this article or writer ever does should ever be taken seriously. He tells great big fat whoppers that are easily verifiable.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 02 December 2019 - 07:57 PM

#4 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:13 PM

My thoughts precisely

#5 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:16 PM

The chimp's CV below. He appears to have all the necessary progressive bona fides.

I am energy fellow and strategic advisor at the Progressive Policy Institute, professorial lecturer at American University’s Center for Environmental Policy, and president of Bledsoe & Associates, an energy and climate change consultancy. I was director of communications of the White House Climate Change Task Force under President Clinton, communications director of the Senate Finance Committee under former Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, and special assistant to former Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt. My writing has appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, Financial Times, Los Angeles Times, Politico, Reuters and other leading outlets

Translation: Never held a real job in his entire life. I'd pay money to watch him hammer in a nail, or change a tire. <_<

#6 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:30 PM

The midget is his own worst enemy...

Howsithangin, on 02 December 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

The chimp's CV below. He appears to have all the necessary progressive bona fides.

I am energy fellow and strategic advisor at the Progressive Policy Institute, professorial lecturer at American University’s Center for Environmental Policy, and president of Bledsoe & Associates, an energy and climate change consultancy. I was director of communications of the White House Climate Change Task Force under President Clinton, communications director of the Senate Finance Committee under former Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, and special assistant to former Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt. My writing has appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, Financial Times, Los Angeles Times, Politico, Reuters and other leading outlets

Translation: Never held a real job in his entire life. I'd pay money to watch him hammer in a nail, or change a tire. <_<

He's a typical parasite

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:43 PM

I knew the author was a chump after reading the article's very first sentence:

"For most Democrats, rightly fixated on beating Donald Trump..."

Fixated? True. Even Helen Keller could see their obsessive fixation. It's the "rightly" part that gives the author's own obsessive fixation away.

<_<

#8 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:11 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 December 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

I knew the author was a chump after reading the article's very first sentence:

"For most Democrats, rightly fixated on beating Donald Trump..."

Fixated? True. Even Helen Keller could see their obsessive fixation. It's the "rightly" part that gives the author's own obsessive fixation away.

<_<

Yup. I was chuckling as I read it. It drips with the hubris that permeates leftist academia.

"Even before Bloomberg threw his shiny silk top hat into the crowded Democratic ring,...."

LOL. Every rich person is the Monopoly guy.

This post has been edited by Tikk: 03 December 2019 - 10:11 AM

#9 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:31 AM

One theory is that Bloomberg is running just to run ads against Trump at a cheaper rate. By law, all media outlets have to charge the lowest rate for political ads. Bloomberg saves millions by declaring himself a candidate.

I’m not sure I buy this theory, however. The ego on this guy is monumental.

#10 User is offline   Jon Wayne 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:21 AM

His ridiculously cringeworthy ads are all over many of the tv shows I like to watch. If I see another one I may gouge out my eyes to make it stop, or I suppose I could switch channels. Tough choice.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users