RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Barr rejects key finding in report on Russia probe - RightNation.US

Barr rejects key finding in report on Russia probe rejects key finding from DoJ Inspector General Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:13 PM

Barr rejects key finding in report on Russia probe: report
BY JUSTINE COLEMAN - 12/02/19 08:27 PM EST

Attorney General William Barr is rejecting a key finding in the Justice Department inspector general’s report on the Russia probe, The Washington Post reported Monday.

People familiar with the matter told The Post that Barr said he does not agree with the report’s finding that the FBI had enough intelligence to initiate an investigation into the Trump campaign in July 2016.

The long-awaited report from Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz is expected to be made public in a week. But a draft is being discussed behind the scenes, and the attorney general reportedly is not persuaded that the FBI investigation was justified.

<snip>

People familiar with the matter told the newspaper that Barr believes information from other agencies such as the CIA could change Horowitz’s finding that the investigation was warranted.

The Post noted it was unclear how Barr will voice his disagreement with the report's finding. The department typically includes a formal letter response in inspector general reports, but Barr could also speak out publicly.

Trump has said the inspector general report would prove that intelligence officers under former President Obama were "spying" on his campaign and abusing their power to prevent him from being president.

Democrats have criticized Barr for what they see as him operating as the president's personal attorney. Barr could not order Horowitz to alter his report because the inspector general operates independently from the department.

<snip>

Horowitz reportedly criticizes some FBI employees and surveillance tactics in his report but does not agree with the president’s depiction of the investigation as a witch hunt.

The Justice Department is running its own criminal investigation, led by U.S. Attorney John Durham, into the FBI probe. Barr has been involved in that investigation by traveling to other countries and asking for assistance.

LINK

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

I have said it at least 100 times, there was NO and I repeat ZERO probable cause that could allow any investigation into Trump. Obviously someone in charge now agrees.

People familiar with the matter told The Post that Barr said he does not agree with the report’s finding that the FBI had enough intelligence to initiate an investigation into the Trump campaign in July 2016.

You have to have probable cause to investigate someone. A claim that someone is maybe spying is not the same thing as probable cause.

#3 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:46 PM

T_G: “My world! My world! Aaaaaaahhhhhh!! [dissolves into puddle of BS.]

#4 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:55 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 02 December 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

T_G: "My world! My world! Aaaaaaahhhhhh!! [dissolves into puddle of BS.]

Funny thing, when it's a thug, the po po can do no right, when it's the President, the po po can violate his rights. Hypocrite much? :)

#5 User is online   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:47 PM

Even if we allow the idea that the FBI felt they had enough intelligence to spy on Trump and the campaign, the CIA had already begun this coup well before. The FBI was just another relay runner who grabbed the baton and kept running with it. Everyone involved working to stop/oust Trump.

#6 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:30 AM

I pretty much figured that “the government” wouldn’t find any malfeasance against itself.

Color me not surprised if this whole thing comes out to say <censored> like “inappropriate, questionable, not good practice.....but not illegal. »

#7 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:41 AM

JerryL, on 03 December 2019 - 12:30 AM, said:

I pretty much figured that “the government” wouldn’t find any malfeasance against itself.

Color me not surprised if this whole thing comes out to say <censored> like “inappropriate, questionable, not good practice.....but not illegal. »

Yup.

#8 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:00 AM

That_Guy, on 02 December 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

Barr rejects key finding in report on Russia probe: report
BY JUSTINE COLEMAN - 12/02/19 08:27 PM EST

Attorney General William Barr is rejecting a key finding in the Justice Department inspector general’s report on the Russia probe, The Washington Post reported Monday.

The long-awaited report from Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz is expected to be made public in a week. But a draft is being discussed behind the scenes, and the attorney general reportedly is not persuaded that the FBI investigation was justified.

<snip>

People familiar with the matter told the newspaper that Barr believes information from other agencies such as the CIA could change Horowitz’s finding that the investigation was warranted.

The Post noted it was unclear how Barr will voice his disagreement with the report's finding. The department typically includes a formal letter response in inspector general reports, but Barr could also speak out publicly.

Trump has said the inspector general report would prove that intelligence officers under former President Obama were "spying" on his campaign and abusing their power to prevent him from being president.

Democrats have criticized Barr for what they see as him operating as the president's personal attorney. Barr could not order Horowitz to alter his report because the inspector general operates independently from the department.

<snip>

Horowitz reportedly criticizes some FBI employees and surveillance tactics in his report but does not agree with the president’s depiction of the investigation as a witch hunt.

The Justice Department is running its own criminal investigation, led by U.S. Attorney John Durham, into the FBI probe. Barr has been involved in that investigation by traveling to other countries and asking for assistance.

LINK

:yawn:

Noclevermoniker, on 02 December 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

T_G: “My world! My world! Aaaaaaahhhhhh!! [dissolves into puddle of BS.]

:biglaugh:

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 03 December 2019 - 06:08 AM

#9 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:08 AM

Taggart Transcontinental, on 02 December 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

Funny thing, when it's a thug, the po po can do no right, when it's the President, the po po can violate his rights. Hypocrite much? :)

:exactly:

#10 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:07 AM

Typical of you T_G, to ignore everything that's gone on by your side in the last 3 years to take down the president. And the ONE guy with the honesty to speak out is criticized as being the president's personal attorney.

#11 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:00 AM

NH Populist, on 03 December 2019 - 07:07 AM, said:

Typical of you T_G, to ignore everything that's gone on by your side in the last 3 years to take down the president. And the ONE guy with the honesty to speak out is criticized as being the president's personal attorney.

The typical leftard m.o.

#12 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:04 AM

I tried to find out who Justine Coleman is. All I could find out is that she is a hack for The Hill.com and her job is quoting the Washington Post.

#13 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:51 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 02 December 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

Exactly, there hatred of Trump is so great they no longer give a damn about rights, due process, or the Constitution. Everything they claim both the Police and President routinely engage in violating. IN short they are DOING what they cannot even prove others are.

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:25 AM

Bet they reject this too..

Senate panel look into Ukraine interference comes up short

12/02/2019 04:36 PM EST
Some Republican senators recently questioned whether Kyiv tried to sabotage Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016. But the GOP-led Intelligence Committee looked into the theory, and found scant evidence to support it.

link

#15 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:04 PM

This just in: Democrats reject Mueller Report conclusion showing no collusion!

#16 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:09 PM

Keep throwing!

Surely, this next thing you throw will stick.

#17 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:20 PM

Ladybird, on 03 December 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

Some Republican senators recently questioned whether Kyiv tried to sabotage Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016. But the GOP-led Intelligence Committee looked into the theory, and found scant evidence to support it.

link

Politico :yawn:

#18 User is online   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

View PostLadybird, on 03 December 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

link

Funny that the title of the article mentions "REPUBLICANS", but the only Senators giving quotes in the article about the inquiry were the ranking member (which is a Democrat, because the GOP has the majority in the Senate and thus the committee chairs) and "an independent who caucuses with the Democrats".

Maybe the Republicans have looked into the theory and found "scant evidence". I don't know. But this article as written doesn't match the headline.

#19 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:50 PM

View PostJerryL, on 03 December 2019 - 12:30 AM, said:

That's what happens when the fox deep state is guarding the chicken house country.

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:55 PM

View PostTikk, on 03 December 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

Keep throwing!

Surely, this next thing you throw will stick.

And once again, I knew that it would be one of our two usual RN suspects that had posted this article before I even clicked on the thread.

They just love to grasp at those straws of delusion because they have nothing else in life.

Repeat a lie often enough until it becomes the truth and live it out as it were.

The proggy way.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users