RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Obama DHS Secretary: Trump Did Not Need Congressional Approval To Kill - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Obama DHS Secretary: Trump Did Not Need Congressional Approval To Kill Soleimani Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:55 AM

Obama DHS Secretary: Trump Did Not Need Congressional Approval To Kill Soleimani

“the president, under his Constitutional authority as commander-in-chief, had ample domestic legal authority to take him out without additional Congressional authorization”

Legal Insurrection
Posted by Fuzzy Slippers
Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 5:00pm

Excerpt:

On Sunday, Obama Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson appeared on Meet the Press and dropped a truth bomb on the left.

Johnson said that the president not only had “ample domestic authority” to order the Soleimani strike but that he could do so “without additional Congressional authorization.”

Zach Parkinson

@AZachParkinson

This morning, Obama DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson debunked Democrats' claim that Congress needed to approve Soleimani strike

Johnson: Soleimani was a "lawful military objective" & the President had "ample domestic legal authority to take him out"

*snip*

Townhall reports:

Since the United States carried out an airstrike last week that killed Iranian terrorist Qasem Soleimani, Democrats have repeatedly taken issue with the fact that the Trump administration didn’t ask for Congressional approval. President Barack Obama’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson completely debunked that notion during a Sunday morning interview with MSNBC’s Chuck Todd on “Meet the Press.”

“If you believe everything our government is saying about General Soleimani, he was a lawful military objective and the president, under his Constitutional authority as commander-in-chief, had ample domestic legal authority to take him out without additional Congressional authorization,” Johnson explained. “Whether he was a terrorist or a general in a military force that was engaged in armed attacks against our people, he was a lawful military objective.”

Full Article

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:18 AM

Wait wait wait - You mean there are people who didn't already know that? Yes of course that Salami guy was a legal military target, and the commander-in-chief of our military therefore had full legal authority to order his killing without any "permission" necessary from congress or anybody else.

Yes, I know: I realize Democrats are pretending they didn't know that. But they're just up to their standard duplicity. They know perfectly well they have no case against Trump.

B)

#3 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:34 AM

That's twice, that I know of, that Johnson has betrayed his party by being honest and sincere. Now he must face the wrath of the almighty twitter rage mob! :tantrum: :cry: :soapbox: :redhot: :spank: :tantrum:

#4 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 06 January 2020 - 02:18 AM, said:

Wait wait wait - You mean there are people who didn't already know that? Yes of course that Salami guy was a legal military target, and the commander-in-chief of our military therefore had full legal authority to order his killing without any "permission" necessary from congress or anybody else.

Yes, I know: I realize Democrats are pretending they didn't know that. But they're just up to their standard duplicity. They know perfectly well they have no case against Trump.

B)

I’m sure you’re correct. They knew, but wondered if voters knew, so they ran with the anti Trump agenda like they always do. Then they probably did a focus group or other survey and found out that enough people thought they’re full of crap, so maybe they then dispatched Johnson. Their calculation is that they inflicted more damage than the hit they took. Truth doesn’t matter.

#5 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 08:53 AM

Looks like "Assassinate" replaced "Russia" as the Dems' favorite word.

I'll give credit where credit's due -- Sh*thead Lefties know how to stay on message.

#6 User is offline   WillieChuck 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

View PostGrimV, on 06 January 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

Looks like "Assassinate" replaced "Russia" as the Dems' favorite word.

I'll give credit where credit's due -- Sh*thead Lefties know how to stay on message.

Loyalty to the party "uber alles".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users