RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Joe Lieberman Blasts 2020 Democrats For Opposing Trump’s - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Joe Lieberman Blasts 2020 Democrats For Opposing Trump’s 'Morally' Correct Decision To Kill Soleimani Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

Joe Lieberman Blasts 2020 Democrats For Opposing Trump’s 'Morally' Correct Decision To Kill Soleimani

Washington Examiner
by Zachary Halaschak
January 06, 2020 02:03 PM

Excerpt:

Former Sen. Joe Lieberman called the decision to kill Qassem Soleimani “bold and unconventional” and warned Democrats against partisan opposition to the action.

Lieberman, a Democrat from Connecticut, wrote in the Wall Street Journal that President Trump’s decision to conduct a drone strike against Soleimani warranted a less partisan reaction from Democrats, many of whom have condemned the attack.

“Trump’s order to take out Qassem Soleimani was morally, constitutionally and strategically correct,” Lieberman wrote. “It deserves more bipartisan support than the begrudging or negative reactions it has received thus far from my fellow Democrats.”

Lieberman, 77, drew upon the post-World War II words of Sen. Arthur Vandenberg, who chaired the Senate's Foreign Relations Committee. Vandenberg, a Republican, worked closely with Democratic President Harry Truman on foreign policy matters because “politics stops at the water’s edge.”

Lieberman said that Democrats today should heed Vandenberg’s advice.

“In their uniformly skeptical or negative reactions to Soleimani’s death, Democrats are falling well below Vandenberg’s standard and, I fear, creating the risk that the U.S. will be seen as acting and speaking with less authority abroad at this important time,” he said.

Lieberman, who was in the Senate from 1989 to 2013 and was chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, said that Soleimani’s death could lessen the chance of a war rather than increase it — as some, such as Joe Biden, have suggested.

"Some Democrats have said that killing Soleimani will lead us into war with Iran. In fact, Soleimani and the Quds Force have been at war with the U.S. for years," Lieberman argued. "It is more likely that his death will diminish the chances of a wider conflict because the demonstration of our willingness to kill him will give Iranian leaders (and probably others like Kim Jong Un) much to fear."

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:42 PM

Joe, you are a smart man. Unfortunately, you used Democrats and morally correct in the same sentence. Both are mutually exclusive.

#3 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:11 PM

A respectable democrat: The last of a dying breed

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:29 PM

Joe, it's long past time to quit that utterly corrupt party. Don't misunderstand; I'm not suggesting any obligation to join the Republicans. Nope.

Just as you don't have to be a mailman to hate dogs...don't have to be a dog to hate cats...don't have to be a cat to hate rats...etc...by the same token you don't have to be a Republican to hate Democrats. ALL sensible creatures hold Democrats in the same contempt all sensible creatures hold rats.

<_<

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:58 PM

I though Lieberman became an independent? Did he go back to being (D)?

#6 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:03 PM

View Postzurg, on 06 January 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

I though Lieberman became an independent? Did he go back to being (D)?

That's what I thought, too!

#7 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:08 AM

Here is GA, his far left leaning turd of a son is running for US Senate.

He doesn't have a chance, but if he did adopt some of his fathers moderate beliefs, he just might since our newest Senator was just selected by the governor to fill John Isackson’s seat.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users