RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Are We Really Not Going to Talk About That Ukrainian 737? - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are We Really Not Going to Talk About That Ukrainian 737? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:11 PM

Are We Really Not Going to Talk About That Ukrainian 737?

https://spectator.org/
bySCOTT MCKAY
January 9, 2020

Article:

What we're going to do here is take a little bit of a leap in our analysis, but the look of the tea leaves coming out of Tuesday night's events, your author believes, justifies it.

Let's start not with Iran's rather empty missile attack on a pair of military installations in Iraq at which American personnel are stationed, in which 15 missiles were fired and no human casualties were inflicted. Instead, let's start with that plane.

You know about the plane, right? That would be Ukrainian International Airlines Flight 752, which took off from Imam Khomeini Airport in Tehran at 6:12 a.m. local time, accelerated quickly to 275 knots, and reached an altitude of 8,000 feet before its transponder and all radio transmissions abruptly ceased, and video of the plane crashing taken in the early-morning hours showed it as a giant fireball which became an even larger fireball as it hit the ground.

Some 176 souls were lost, 80 of them Iranians and another 63 of them Canadian, believe it or not, along with 11 Ukrainians and 10 Swedes, together with a smattering of other Europeans, Afghans, and others. No Americans were on the flight.

UIA Chief Executive Officer Yevhen Dykhne said the plane, a Boeing 737-800 (not an infamous 737 MAX 8), was only three years old, had an "amazing" crew, and had gone through maintenance just a couple of days before. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, who initially bought the official story of "engine failure," quickly reversed his position and demanded an investigation. Even Canadian premier Justin Trudeau now says he wants answers from the Iranians about the crash.

Nothing about the "engine failure" story adds up, though it seems the American media appears happy to swallow that line.

If you've ever seen Sully, you know that an engine failure isn't so fatal to passengers and crew of a jetliner as this case seems to indicate. Even if an engine malfunctions and blows up, the way a 737 is designed, the pilot should still have the ability to get the jet onto the ground with at least some chance of saving the people on it. Or, if not, the pilot should certainly have the ability to radio the control tower that they're having an engine malfunction. Or, if not, the plane's transponder certainly shouldn't stop working at exactly the time it begins to drop from the sky in a fireball.

The Iranian in charge of the scene said the radio transmissions ceased at the time of the "engine malfunction," which probably makes him a less-than-convincing liar or perhaps someone doing everything he can to tip off those willing to give this a serious examination without earning himself a visit to the torture chambers of Tehran's Evin prison. Then there are eyewitnesses claiming to have heard two explosions in the air before the plane crashed to the ground, something that isn't all that dispositive but shouldn't be ignored.

What is dispositive, to anyone paying attention here, is that the Iranians now say they won't turn over the plane's "black boxes" to Boeing for analysis. There is a very, very obvious reason why.

So yes, it looks like what happened was that one of the Iranian regime's SAM operators made a mistake and blew that jet out of the sky. They'd just fired those 15 missiles across the border into Iraq with what looks like an eye toward creating a propaganda victory internally (Iranian state media falsely claimed to have killed 30 Americans in that strike, a lie MSNBC unquestioningly regurgitated on air) without giving President Trump reason to retaliate. But the Iranians were terrified Trump would hit them back disproportionately, so their people, who aren't all that good at their jobs, had itchy trigger fingers and killed 176 civilians, 80 of them being their own people, in a tragic feat of incompetence.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:15 PM

Waiting for the spin to blame Trump. :tap:

#3 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

The only way this will get a lot of attention in the coming weeks will be if the left, the DNC and the MSM can say this wouldn't have happened if Trump hadn't killed General so and so.
NEVER will they put the blame %100 on Iran, that would only serve to support that the Iranian gov is bad news.

#4 User is online   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

I think they did it on purpose but got the timing all wrong.

#5 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:23 PM

OK I said this before but first of all this was a shoot down. I suspected a S-300 Missile system because it's their shiny new toy but it appears more likely a SA-15 system. Both have proximity fusing and contact if I recall correctly. This damage on the aircraft looks like proximity damage due to the multiple holes in the aircraft.

Secondly I was pondering this earlier and it dawned on me that this may not have been an accidental shoot down.

Think about this.

Iran was 100% sure Trump would respond immediately. They were expecting a violent response thus the rockets fired from mobile systems. I suspect they shot down a Ukrainian aircraft with the intent to embroil the US and Ukraine when they claimed we knocked it out of the sky. They could have then pointed to Trump saying he was a war monger with innocent blood on his hands. Instead Trump held fire, and they had to explain away the obvious shoot down.

That's really the only real possibility I see here, you know your own airspace, and thus would not inadvertently shoot down an aircraft in your airspace. On the other hand wouldn't shooting down a Ukrainian aircraft be ironic at this time?

#6 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:26 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 09 January 2020 - 12:15 PM, said:

And there it is...

Rep. Jackie Speier Blames Trump For Ukrainian Plane Being Shot Down :rolleyes:

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:55 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 10 January 2020 - 01:26 AM, said:

What an incredibly stupid person. Well she's a Democrat, so I can't pretend "surprise".

<_<

#8 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:17 AM

I remember the wall to wall coverage of the missing Indonesian plane.

And I remember Don Lemmon suggesting that it could be lost in a black hole or the Bermuda Triangle.

But here, the media is silent. Simply amazing.

#9 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:14 AM

The article says twitchy trigger fingers and incompetence.... exactly what I donít believe. This isnít the first time by a long shot that tensions are high and twitchy trigger fingers could come into play, yet itís the first time Iran has done this.

Thereís way more to the story than incompetence.

#10 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

I suspect that Iran shot it down believing that it was a US drone.

They aren't the brightest bulbs you know?

#11 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:57 AM

View PostRock N, on 10 January 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

I suspect that Iran shot it down believing that it was a US drone.

They aren't the brightest bulbs you know?

Sorry, it wasn't a US Drone nor could they have believed it. The aircraft was taking off from Tehran, it was on a flight plan, it had a squawk code (transponder) and was talking to Air Traffic Control. That means the aircraft should not have been shot down at all, it shouldn't have been accidentally anything, it was a known target. Look at Flight Aware and type in Tehran, Iran in the search, the airspace is not so dense there that you cannot see friendly targets and unidentified ones.

Additionally, the 737 would not match the flight profile of a drone. It would be slow and high, not low and fast climbing to altitude.

This post has been edited by Taggart Transcontinental: 10 January 2020 - 08:59 AM

#12 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:36 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 09 January 2020 - 12:15 PM, said:

Predictably, you didn't have long to wait.

#13 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:47 PM

The Iranians pulled a Vincennes

#14 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 10 January 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

The Iranians pulled a Vincennes

No the Vicennes a mistake, I am 100% sure at this point that the Ukrainian aircraft was intentionally shot down as a ploy to blame it on the US. When we counter attacked them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users