RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Mitch McConnell Invites Nancy Pelosi To Sit On A Pinecone: - RightNation.US

Mitch McConnell Invites Nancy Pelosi To Sit On A Pinecone: Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:29 PM

Mitch McConnell Invites Nancy Pelosi To Sit On A Pinecone:

“There Will Be No Haggling With The House Over Senate Procedure”…

Conservative Treehouse
by sundance
Posted on January 8, 2020

Excerpt:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell delivered some bad news to Speaker Pelosi from the floor of the upper-chamber:

…”There will be no haggling with the House over Senate procedure. We will not cede our authority to try this impeachment. The House Democrats’ turn is over. The Senate has made its decision.”…

…Now, go make me a sandwich.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

Well done, Mitch.

I'm not exactly your biggest fan. You make plenty of silly errors. But this time you knocked it outta the park. Nasty Pelousy has exactly ZERO legal authority to interfere with Senate procedure.

<_<

#3 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

She can sit on a cactus for all I care...

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:52 PM

RedSoloCup, on 09 January 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

Or a land mine...

:whistling:

#5 User is offline   greggor 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

hOW ABOUT SHE SIT ON A LIVE GRENADE?

#6 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

Liz, on 09 January 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

“There Will Be No Haggling With The House Over Senate Procedure”…

Conservative Treehouse
by sundance
Posted on January 8, 2020

Excerpt:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell delivered some bad news to Speaker Pelosi from the floor of the upper-chamber:

…”There will be no haggling with the House over Senate procedure. We will not cede our authority to try this impeachment. The House Democrats’ turn is over. The Senate has made its decision.”…

…Now, go make me a sandwich.

*snip*

Full Story

If the Trump impeachment trial is going to "track closely with" the Clinton impeachment trial, then the fact-finding that Trump prevented in the House investigation will need to be done by the Senate.

This post has been edited by That_Guy: 09 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

#7 User is offline   Jon Wayne 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:43 PM

I trust McConnell as far as I can throw him, and that ain't too far. He's a tool, and he's consistently disappointed Conservatives since the day he won the Leadership position many years ago. All of Congress is inept and corrupt. The Founders never intended for politicians to have lifetime careers in government.

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

That_Guy, on 09 January 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

If the Trump impeachment trial is going to "track closely with" the Clinton impeachment trial, then the fact-finding that Trump prevented in the House investigation will need to be done by the Senate.

ROFFLMFAO

#9 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:21 PM

Jon Wayne, on 09 January 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

I trust McConnell as far as I can throw him, and that ain't too far. He's a tool, and he's consistently disappointed Conservatives since the day he won the Leadership position many years ago. All of Congress is inept and corrupt. The Founders never intended for politicians to have lifetime careers in government.

I don't trust him either, but you are forgetting McConnell does not want to meet the same fate as Paul Ryan. It is in his own self interest to ride Trump's coattails.

#10 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:22 PM

MontyPython, on 09 January 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

ROFFLMFAO

I wonder if Koggy remembers how the Clinton impeachment ended up?

#11 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:34 PM

Keep pissin’, Prissy. Nobody’s asking you.

#12 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

The House could have subpoenaed witnesses, but chose not to because time was of the essence, Trump had to be removed from office immediately. Until of course, it was time to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. And now, the Senate is supposed to continue looking for an impeachable offense because the House failed to find any?! No... :wtf2:

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 09 January 2020 - 04:44 PM

#13 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:48 PM

NH Populist, on 09 January 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

The House could have subpoenaed witnesses, but chose not to because time was of the essence,

John Bolton was prepared to take the House Intelligence Committee to court if he was subpoenaed:

“His counsel has informed us that unlike three other dedicated public servants who worked for him on the NSC (National Security Council) and have complied with lawful subpoenas, Mr. Bolton would take us to court if we subpoenaed him,” an official of the House of Representatives Intelligence committee said.

Trump had to be removed from office immediately. Until of course, it was time to send articles of impeachment to the Senate.

FYI That's not how the process works; the House has nothing to do with removal.

And now, the Senate is supposed to continue looking for an impeachable offense because the House failed to find any?!

Almost.

The fact-finding that the House was prevented from engaging in because of Trump's obstruction will need to be conducted by the Senate in order for a "fair" trial to take place.

This post has been edited by That_Guy: 09 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

#14 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:57 PM

That_Guy, on 09 January 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

Yeah, and so <censored>ing what? If his testimony was so vital, the "official of the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee" (Whoever that could be. My guess, Representative Elaine Fairchild from the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.) could have accepted the court challenge. She chose not to because she ultimately would have lost and Bolton wouldn't have brought any new evidence that these partisan clowns wanted anyway.

FYI That's not how the process works; the House has nothing to do with "removal."

Hey genius, that's what he said.

Don't want you whining about rule breaking.

Almost.

The fact-finding that the House was prevented from engaging in because of Trump's obstruction will need to be conducted by the Senate in order for a "fair" trial to take place.

That's not how the process works. No matter how many times you repeat it, you are going to be wrong every time.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 09 January 2020 - 05:01 PM

#15 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:23 PM

:biglaugh:

It's "tracking closely" to blowing up and causing catastrophic damage to the Democraps, silly...

That_Guy, on 09 January 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

John Bolton was prepared to take the House Intelligence Committee to court if he was subpoenaed:

“His counsel has informed us that unlike three other dedicated public servants who worked for him on the NSC (National Security Council) and have complied with lawful subpoenas, Mr. Bolton would take us to court if we subpoenaed him,” an official of the House of Representatives Intelligence committee said.

FYI That's not how the process works; the House has nothing to do with removal.

Almost.

Trying to hi-jack another thread with your buffoonery....:yawn:

Magic Rat, on 09 January 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Yeah, and so <censored>ing what? If his testimony was so vital, the "official of the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee" (Whoever that could be. My guess, Representative Elaine Fairchild from the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.) could have accepted the court challenge. She chose not to because she ultimately would have lost and Bolton wouldn't have brought any new evidence that these partisan clowns wanted anyway.

Hey genius, that's what he said.

Don't want you whining about rule breaking.

That's not how the process works. No matter how many times you repeat it, you are going to be wrong every time.

Remember who we're dealing with.

Noclevermoniker, on 09 January 2020 - 04:34 PM, said:

Keep pissin’, Prissy. Nobody’s asking you.

:thumbsup:

Joe the Pagan, on 09 January 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

I wonder if Koggy remembers how the Clinton impeachment ended up?

Doubt it...

#16 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:39 PM

Liz, on 09 January 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

RedSoloCup, on 09 January 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

I'm not going to invite her to do EITHER one... She might enjoy it.

#17 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

MontyPython, on 09 January 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

Well done, Mitch.

I'm not exactly your biggest fan. You make plenty of silly errors. But this time you knocked it outta the park. Nasty Pelousy has exactly ZERO legal authority to interfere with Senate procedure.

<_<

Agreed.

#18 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:55 PM

:biglaugh:

#19 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:55 PM

Wouldn't the founders have intended for the Senate to be made up of people who haven't campaigned and/or intending on further campaigning to stay in office, but rather Senators voted on by congressman?/state reps? Wonder how different all this would be if they hadn't changed that rule way back when.

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:56 PM

Joe the Pagan, on 09 January 2020 - 04:21 PM, said:

I don't trust him either, but you are forgetting McConnell does not want to meet the same fate as Paul Ryan. It is in his own self interest to ride Trump's coattails.

McConnell was one of the biggest nevertrumpers of all, but he's slowly come around to the right side.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users