RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: AOC Riles Dems By Refusing To Pay Party Dues, Bankrolling - RightNation.US

AOC Riles Dems By Refusing To Pay Party Dues, Bankrolling Colleagues' Opponents Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:43 PM

AOC Riles Dems By Refusing To Pay Party Dues, Bankrolling Colleagues' Opponents

Fox News
By Marisa Schultz
10 January 2020

Excerpt:

EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has already topped the fundraising charts in her short time in Congress, but the liberal darling won’t donate a cent of her millions to Democrats' House campaign organization -- a position that has rankled some of her colleagues, Fox News has learned.

Instead, Ocasio-Cortez is building her own fundraising operation for fellow progressive candidates to bypass the official Democratic Party infrastructure. Already, she's actively funding primary challengers to oust certain Democratic colleagues.

corbintrent @corbintrent

Last quarter @aoc raised more than any Dem in the House. No call time, no wine caves. Average donation of $15.

She and @BernieSanders are proving that grassroots donors can beat corporate money, lobbyists and special interests. Help make waves --> https://secure.actbl...code=tw20191231

9:23 PM - Dec 31, 2019

“Sometimes the question comes: 'Do you want to be in a majority or do you want to be in the minority?'” Rep. Gregory Meeks, D-N.Y., told Fox News, when asked about AOC's stance. “And do you want to be part of a team?"

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) Chairwoman Cheri Bustos downplayed Ocasio-Cortez’s decision to shun dues and pointed to the record-breaking fundraising numbers the committee has notched without her.

“That's always up to individual members so I guess I don't think about it one way or another,” Bustos said when asked about Ocasio-Cortez's stance. “We’re raising record amounts of money from our members.”

The DCCC declined to comment further on the matter of Ocasio-Cortez and her dues.

Another Democrat was less diplomatic: “Deadbeat Cortez should pay her bills,” complained the Democratic source. “She’s always whining about people paying their fair share and here she is leaving her friends with the bill.”

Their gripe is that Ocasio-Cortez hasn’t given any money to the DCCC, the party arm with the sole job of electing Democrats to the House. Records obtained by Fox News show the New York Democrat has failed to pay any of her $250,000 in “dues” to the DCCC.

Her goose egg of a contribution is no accident. Ocasio-Cortez says she has beef with the DCCC and she'll withhold her money in protest of how the Democratic Party won't back insurgent progressive primary candidates, like herself, in the name of protecting incumbents.

“For me personally, I’m not paying D-trip dues,” said Ocasio-Cortez, using slang for the DCCC and citing a “myriad of reasons.”

“One, I don’t agree with the policy around blacklisting groups that help progressive candidates,” she said, referring to a DCCC effort to sideline vendors who assist challengers to members of Congress. “I think we need to evolve as a party and make room for that.”

Instead, Ocasio-Cortez is ramping up her donor base with the help of Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., whom she endorsed for president in October, to funnel money directly to progressive candidates.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:55 PM

What a deadbeat! :biglaugh:

#3 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:01 PM

I think they need to call in Hillary, to make her an offer she can't refuse.

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:04 PM

View PostLiz, on 10 January 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

AOC Riles Dems By Refusing To Pay Party Dues, Bankrolling Colleagues' Opponents

Fox News
By Marisa Schultz
10 January 2020

Excerpt:

EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has already topped the fundraising charts in her short time in Congress, but the liberal darling won’t donate a cent of her millions to Democrats' House campaign organization -- a position that has rankled some of her colleagues, Fox News has learned.

Instead, Ocasio-Cortez is building her own fundraising operation for fellow progressive candidates to bypass the official Democratic Party infrastructure. Already, she's actively funding primary challengers to oust certain Democratic colleagues...

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that she's about to get a whole shipload of what-goes-around-comes-around dumped on her ?

#5 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

View PostDJGoody, on 10 January 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

I think they need to call in Hillary, to make her an offer she can't refuse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfQAp2uW4AA4wyR.jpg

#6 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:32 PM

View PostRock N, on 10 January 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

What a deadbeat! :biglaugh:

Despite having disagreements with her policies......what is wrong with her actions?

They want her to pay for keeping incumbents in office indefinitely.......she prefers to help newcomers to defeat congressman that have been in office forever.

If this were Ron Paul doing the exact same thing, would you have a problem with it?

#7 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

Reminds me of a few on this board.

Why would she even bother to donate, I mean her seat is going to go away next year.

#8 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:44 PM

View PostDutch13, on 10 January 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

Despite having disagreements with her policies......what is wrong with her actions?

They want her to pay for keeping incumbents in office indefinitely.......she prefers to help newcomers to defeat congressman that have been in office forever.

If this were Ron Paul doing the exact same thing, would you have a problem with it?

For me, the hypocrisy comes form her stating she is not going to pay her D-dues when she would be the first one to chastise someone for not paying union dues

However, I love the fact that she is alienating herself from the pack.

#9 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:07 PM

I'm calling it now: One and Done.

#10 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:13 PM

View PostDutch13, on 10 January 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

It’s the hypocrisy.

But democrats and some nevertrumpers (I don’t know about you) don’t care at all about hypocrisy, it’s not a rule they’re worried about breaking.

AOC epitomizes the democrats. “Rules don’t apply to me.” Exactly how Schiff and Pelosi have run the impeachment thingy.

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:23 PM

View Posterp, on 10 January 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

For me, the hypocrisy comes form her stating she is not going to pay her D-dues when she would be the first one to chastise someone for not paying union dues

^This^.

She's quite the hypocrite, but leave it to Dutch to try to rationalize AOC and that takes a whole lot of spinning and bullshidtting to do! :lol:

#12 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:24 PM

View Postzurg, on 10 January 2020 - 02:13 PM, said:

It’s the hypocrisy.

But democrats and some nevertrumpers (I don’t know about you) don’t care at all about hypocrisy, it’s not a rule they’re worried about breaking.

AOC epitomizes the democrats. “Rules don’t apply to me.” Exactly how Schiff and Pelosi have run the impeachment thingy.

:2up:

#13 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

Don't care. Let her alienate the rest of her party. Chaos within is okay with me.

And why is it every time a report comes out about fund raising, it always claims it comes from small donations? Nobody believes it because it is obviously bull<censored>.

#14 User is offline   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

View Posterp, on 10 January 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

Isn't that grounds for being thrown out of the party?

#15 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:58 PM

I personally don't give a rip if she shares or not; I despise 'd@mn-them-rat' politicians equally.

#16 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:01 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 10 January 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

Don't care. Let her alienate the rest of her party. Chaos within is okay with me.

And why is it every time a report comes out about fund raising, it always claims it comes from small donations? Nobody believes it because it is obviously bull<censored>.

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yeahthat.gif

#17 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:55 PM

Actually calls into question whether @0C is a bimbo or the next generation grifter.

#18 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:05 PM

I was going to multi-quote a lot of your comments just to agree with them, but I'll just say I agree with others here that if they are going to redistrict her out of a seat in the House, then screw them. I strangely enough do agree with her thoughts about getting rid of these career politicians and bringing more new faces to our government.

No one should be in Congress for more than 15-18 years - no one. You get 6-8 years tops as a congressperson, and two terms possible as a senator. That should be more than enough time to steal as much money from the American taxpayer.

This post has been edited by Junto: 10 January 2020 - 09:05 PM

#19 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:08 PM

View PostJunto, on 10 January 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

I was going to multi-quote a lot of your comments just to agree with them, but I'll just say I agree with others here that if they are going to redistrict her out of a seat in the House, then screw them. I strangely enough do agree with her thoughts about getting rid of these career politicians and bringing more new faces to our government.

No one should be in Congress for more than 15-18 years - no one. You get 6-8 years tops as a congressperson, and two terms possible as a senator. That should be more than enough time to steal as much money from the American taxpayer.

No argument here. No worries, according to Brooklyn Barbie, the world ends on her 40th birthday.

#20 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

View PostJunto, on 10 January 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

:yeahthat: :exactly:

The exemption for congress to participate in inside trading and their directly or indirectly personally financially benefiting from the laws that they enact/force upon us needs to be put to an end.

Permanently.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users