RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Rare video of underage marriage in Iran: the 'bride' is 11 - RightNation.US

Rare video of underage marriage in Iran: the 'bride' is 11 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:57 AM

Rare video of underage marriage in Iran: the 'bride' is aged 11
09/06/2019
France24

<More Here From The Religion Of Peace, Tolerance And Women's Rights>

A video showing an 11-year-old girl marrying her 22-year-old cousin in rural Iran has drawn new attention to a practice many Iranians believe to be in decline. But our Observer says child marriage is still common in some rural areas.

The video shows a wedding that took place on August 26 in Bahmaei, an impoverished district in southeastern Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad province. The bride and groom are seen sitting next to each other and hugging. Their families look on as a mullah conducts the ceremony, declaring at one point that the groom will pay the traditional "mahr" for his bride's hand, of "14 gold coins and 50 million tomans" (equivalent to a total of €9000).

The mullah asks the bride: "Fatima, do you agree to marry Milad Jashani?", since according to Islamic sharia bride and groom must both assent loud and clear. The bride replies: "With my parents' permission, yes." The groom says "Yes, I do", and they become man and wife as their families applaud.

<Video filmed August 26, 2019 in Iran's Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad province shows an 11-year-old girl marrying her cousin, who is 22.>

Article 1041 of Iran's Civil Code sets the marriage age at 13 for girls and 15 for boys – if they have their parents' consent. But if families want to marry off a daughter who is 12 or younger – or a boy 14 or younger – they can ask a judge to declare them "intellectually mature" enough for marriage. According to official statistics, in 5.5 percent of Iranian marriages, the brides are under 15.

The footage, posted on social media on September 1 and shown on state TV, caused widespread outrage. Two days later, the public prosecutor annulled the marriage and said he was indicting the mullah and the girl's parents for an illegal underage marriage. The families, however, told the media they will try to remarry the couple.

(snip)

<More Here From The Religion Of Peace, Tolerance And Women's Rights>

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 14 January 2020 - 02:30 PM

#2 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:03 AM

Hey she's one year older than the chief pedophiles child marriage.

#3 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:14 AM

And there's the inbreeding.

ETA: And saying, "When I beat you, it will be in accordance with Islamic guidance." is considered romantic.

This post has been edited by Tikk: 14 January 2020 - 10:16 AM

#4 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:17 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 14 January 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

Hey she's one year older than the chief pedophiles child marriage.

2 years older. Good ol' Mohammed's bride was 9

#5 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 14 January 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

What was that in dog years?

#6 User is online   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

View PostSeverian, on 14 January 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

What was that in dog years?

More important, how much in goat years...

#7 User is online   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:59 AM

It's happens all over the USA every day of the year. There, got that over with!

#8 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

View PostBookdoc, on 14 January 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

There's no such thing as baaaaaa..d sex.

#9 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:55 PM

I wonder if we will see any of the usual muslim apologists on this thread?

#10 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:00 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 14 January 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

Let me try...

1. "I won't bother because you're all a bunch of big meanies."

2. "This is rare and not the norm."

3. "What does Iran have to do with anything in the United States?"

4. "I don't comment on things that disrupt my obtuse, dismal, pandering, idiotic, whatabout, apologetic worldview."

#11 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:04 PM

Howsithangin, on 14 January 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

Nah. No longer interested in the hate circle jerk.

Resume..

#12 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:14 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 14 January 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

1. "I won't bother because you're all a bunch of big meanies."

View PostLadybird, on 14 January 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Resume..

What do I win?!

#13 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:15 PM

I went to school with a guy who married a 14yr old girl (with parents consent) right out of high school. I want to say he went to Kentucky or Tennessee, but I can't remember where it was. What a great recipe for a successful marriage.

One of my guilty pleasure movies is Coal Miner's Daughter, about Loretta Lynn. I just find it fascinating thinking about how much she went through in her early years. She was 15 when she got married, had 6 kids, and became a grandmother at 34.

I have a couple daughters, and I'm not sure when I'm supposed to be ok marrying them off (if ever) - luckily I have a few more years to worry about that.

#14 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:17 PM

Resume..

https://www.recreoviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Mente-fuerte-2.gif

#15 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:21 PM

Resume..

And yet we are supposed to let everyone in who wants to come here and not demand or if necessary force them to leave certain practices and beliefs at home.
You know, all cultures are equal, how dare we demand people change and adhere to the laws, norms and assimilate to this nation.
Do you honestly think that when someone leaves home they leave core beliefs there? Oh it may be illegal as hell here, but that doesn't mean people still don't do it or at least do it behind closed doors or practice it otherwise. No not all, but enough that it's a problem and a core belief and practice for many.

#16 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:41 PM

View PostJunto, on 14 January 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

I went to school with a guy who married a 14yr old girl (with parents consent) right out of high school. I want to say he went to Kentucky or Tennessee, but I can't remember where it was. What a great recipe for a successful marriage.

One of my guilty pleasure movies is Coal Miner's Daughter, about Loretta Lynn. I just find it fascinating thinking about how much she went through in her early years. She was 15 when she got married, had 6 kids, and became a grandmother at 34.

I have a couple daughters, and I'm not sure when I'm supposed to be ok marrying them off (if ever) - luckily I have a few more years to worry about that.

My mom was married at 18&1/2. My dad was a few months shy of his 26th birthday. Next month (Valentines day) they celebrate number 62! My oldest sibling celebrates his 62nd birthday this year in November... last week to be more exact....
BUT, that was then. I think there are a few key factors people need to realize.

Life spans where much shorter. Having a baby in your late twenties much less 30's was considered risky or at best unusual. There was a lot more pressure to get married and start a family at a much younger age for these reasons(and more). Plus, out of High School you where expected to either go to College for a high end job such as a Doctor, Engineer, join the military or go find a lifetime job at a factory and start a family as again life spans where shorter and it was the norm to have all your kids prior to about age 30. In short YOU HAD TO BE AN ADULT by 18,19,20 or you wouldn't survive.
Know, that's not so much the case. Not necessarily a bad thing in and by itself, largely because it gives a person much more time to find a decent job, start a family with the right person when your truly ready and have a better standard of living than that of our Grandparents. Yes there is some truth that cost of living is in sane compared to decades ago.
BUT, that's in some areas while in others it's gone down or stayed flat. What we really need to factor in is EVERYTHING and do side by side comparison of living the exact same way to get a proper picture. This is all part of it. Many people don't want that same that same bare bones bare necessities life had by our grand or parents so they do the smart thing and wait until they have a job to support it all. OR, they are flippin' morons go into debt, take no responsibility and demand everyone else pay for it all.

#17 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 14 January 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

Wait didn't he wait until she was 10 before he had sex? Was that why 10 sticks in my head?

View PostBookdoc, on 14 January 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

Goat heh? Talk about unrequited love.

View Posttailgunner, on 14 January 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

It's happens all over the USA every day of the year. There, got that over with!

Thanks! That sidelined a what about ism... Oh and I am betting in Minnesota or Michigan, and only in the past 20 years or so along with FGM.

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:40 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 14 January 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

View PostMTP Reggie, on 14 January 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

"I won't bother because you're all a bunch of big meanies."

Resume..

What do I win?!

Well bragging rights, if nothing else.

:2up:

View PostJunto, on 14 January 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

Her first-EVER public performance was right here in Blaine WA, where I live! In her own words:

Doo began pushing her to perform. “Shy isn’t the word for what I felt onstage,” wrote Loretta. “Terrified is more like it. But Doo came home one day and said he’d got me a job. He’d gone and got me a job singing inside a tavern in Blaine, right on the Canadian border. I’d never been inside a tavern and I’d never sang in public. I was going to be singing with the Penn Brothers and their group The Westerners, with their front man Howard Roedell. I told Doo I didn’t want no job singing in front of people. I argued and cried and carried on, but Doo got his way, just like he always did.” Those early shows were painful for her. “I sang into the microphone and looked at my feet. After every song, I turned my back to the crowd.”

More HERE

My wife's father (now deceased RIP), a professional country-western bass guitar player, insisted he played in Loretta's back-up band at least a couple times back in those earliest days, but of course had no "proof" or "documentation" thereto. But I believe him, because he was always shy & retiring, and would never attempt to "impress" everybody with a "boastful" story. What's more, having been a pro musician myself, I fully understand that the earliest years of any musician's career rarely leave "paperwork" trails. I too have no "proof" of any of my early gigs.

B)

#19 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:49 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 14 January 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

Well bragging rights, if nothing else.

:2up:

Her first-EVER public performance was right here in Blaine WA, where I live! In her own words:

Doo began pushing her to perform. “Shy isn’t the word for what I felt onstage,” wrote Loretta. “Terrified is more like it. But Doo came home one day and said he’d got me a job. He’d gone and got me a job singing inside a tavern in Blaine, right on the Canadian border. I’d never been inside a tavern and I’d never sang in public. I was going to be singing with the Penn Brothers and their group The Westerners, with their front man Howard Roedell. I told Doo I didn’t want no job singing in front of people. I argued and cried and carried on, but Doo got his way, just like he always did.” Those early shows were painful for her. “I sang into the microphone and looked at my feet. After every song, I turned my back to the crowd.”

More HERE

My wife's father (now deceased RIP), a professional country-western bass guitar player, insisted he played in Loretta's back-up band at least a couple times back in those earliest days, but of course had no "proof" or "documentation" thereto. But I believe him, because he was always shy & retiring, and would never attempt to "impress" everybody with a "boastful" story. What's more, having been a pro musician myself, I fully understand that the earliest years of any musician's career rarely leave "paperwork" trails. I too have no "proof" of any of my early gigs.

B)

Are you sure there are no dead see scrolls or stone tablets with said info? Maybe even some cave paintings?

:tongue2:

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

View Postoki, on 14 January 2020 - 03:49 PM, said:

Are you sure there are no dead see scrolls or stone tablets with said info? Maybe even some cave paintings?

:tongue2:

Yeeeeeeee-Abba-Dabba-Dooooooooooooooooooo.....

;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users