RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Rand Paul Puts Fellow Republicans On Notice; Stand With Trump On - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rand Paul Puts Fellow Republicans On Notice; Stand With Trump On Impeachment Or ‘You Will Lose Your Election’ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:04 PM

Rand Paul Puts Fellow Republicans On Notice; Stand With Trump On Impeachment Or ‘You Will Lose Your Election’

BPR
Frieda Powers
January 16, 2020

Excerpt:

Sen. Rand Paul warned his Republican colleagues to stand strong behind President Trump in the upcoming impeachment trial or risk political suicide as voters will be “very, very unhappy with them.”

The Kentucky lawmaker believes there will be a “political price to pay” for Republicans who vote to allow Democrats to call the witnesses of their choice in the process, telling The Gateway Pundit in an interview that he also would like for the impeachment trial to be over with quickly.

“What I keep trying to convince my colleagues, particularly the ones that might vote to allow the witnesses that the Democrats want to call, is that if they do that and they don’t vote to allow the president to bring his witnesses in, I think the Republican base and Trump supporters are going to be very, very unhappy with them,” Paul said.

“I think it will have electoral consequences — which is sort of my way of saying that maybe they should reconsider having any witnesses at all,” he added. “My hope is some will reconsider and we will just be done with one vote.”

But he reiterated the consequences for GOP lawmakers who do not back the president in the process.

“I also think there will be a political price to pay for this, even for Republicans running in purple states, there are strong pro-Trump presences in every purple state,” he said.

“It may not be 50 percent of the vote, but it’s a third of the vote or more. My guess is that those voters will not be too happy with the Republicans who vote to allow witnesses for the Democrats, but sits there and watches as witnesses the president would like to bring get voted down. I keep telling them it isn’t a threat coming from me, it’s me looking at the politics of this and saying look — you will lose your election,” Paul said.

“This is a big deal, I don’t usually lecture my colleagues, but they need to understand that they cannot win an election if they become estranged from the Trump base or Republican base of the party,” he added.

Paul has called to have the whistleblower, who complained about the president’s call last year with the Ukraine president, and Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, testify and said some of his colleagues agree but have been less open about it.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:25 PM

“What I keep trying to convince my colleagues, particularly the ones that might vote to allow the witnesses that the Democrats want to call, is that if they do that and they don’t vote to allow the president to bring his witnesses in, I think the Republican base and Trump supporters are going to be very, very unhappy with them,” Paul said.

If they don't make this fair, then it's simply another kangaroo court skit like the theater of the absurd put together by the most corrupt batch of politicians of my lifetime in Congress.

We've wasted enough time and money on this atrocity.

It's time for the truth and the law to prevail, not this crap they make up as they go and get away with because politicos are afraid to speak up for the law,the Constitution and the American people.

#3 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:46 AM

Truth

#4 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:55 AM

The democraps need to go to prison for trying to criminally intimidate, harass and manipulate the judicial system process like they are doing everything else.

They must never be allowed to continue to get away with these crimes as it sets an awful precedent. They need to be smacked down hard back into their place.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 17 January 2020 - 10:07 AM

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:25 PM

I can't pretend I always agree with Rand Paul (or his father). I don't. But this time he's correct. Trump has been an exceptionally (and unexpectedly) great president, and anybody from his own party who refuses to support him is undeniably risking losing any political position they may hold.

As Rand Paul himself said, this isn't about him making "threats", it's just an honest assessment of the real-life situation; Oppose Trump and your voters will oppose you. It really is just that clear and undeniable.

B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users