RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Biden Rivals Use Iowa Counting Fiasco To Try And Edge Him Out Of Race - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Biden Rivals Use Iowa Counting Fiasco To Try And Edge Him Out Of Race Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:29 AM

Biden Rivals Use Iowa Counting Fiasco To Try And Edge Him Out Of Race

Washington Examiner
by Naomi Lim
February 04, 2020 02:33 AM

Excerpt:

DES MOINES, Iowa — Joe Biden is the biggest loser coming out of Iowa, even without official results from the first-in-the-nation caucuses.

The Iowa Democratic Party's inability to release alignment and delegate allocation outcomes Monday night plunged the opening primary contest into chaos, with some campaigns for the 2020 presidential nomination claiming victory while others questioned the legitimacy of the process.

A common target among the rivals? The former vice president, 77.

Pete Buttigieg walked out into a crowded Drake University gymnasium in Des Moines, touting his performance in Iowa.

“Tonight, an improbable hope became an undeniable reality,” said the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, 38. “We don’t know all the results, but we know by the time it’s all said and done, Iowa, you have shocked the nation. By all indications, we are going on to New Hampshire victorious.”

Buttigieg's presumptuousness prompted Bernie Sanders's camp to publish its internal figures based on only 40% of Iowa's 1,600-plus precincts. Those figures show him in first place with 29.66%, followed by Buttigieg with 24.59%, Elizabeth Warren with 21.24%, and Biden with 12.37%.

The Vermont senator's data, which Sanders, 78, said he had a "good feeling" about during his speech Monday across town at the Holiday Inn Des Moines Airport Hotel and Conference Center, reflects that of Warren, 70. The Massachusetts senator's campaign manager Roger Lau told reporters at the Forte Banquet and Conference Center the same top three candidates were bunched together, with Biden "a distance (sic) fourth."

"Tonight, we are one step closer to winning the fight for the America we imagine is possible," Warren said at her headquarters event moments earlier.

Even Amy Klobuchar's team piled on. Justin Buoen, the Minnesota senator's campaign manager, tweeted "the numbers we’ve seen internally and publicly, we’re running even or ahead of Vice President Biden," of his 59-year-old principal.

*snip*

Full Article

#2 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:57 AM

By all accounts, Biden will place fourth. Heck, given Klobechick’s enthusiasm, he might even place fifth.

If he does, his campaign is seriously in trouble. While Trump may not have won Iowa last time, he did come in second.

The DNC know this and are trying to screw with the results. They do this so blatantly while accusing Trump of manipulating the election.
It’s like a bad comedy playing out in real time.

#3 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:16 AM

As far as I know, Biden didn't invest much in Iowa, choosing a few later states instead. Whether this is smart politicking or whether he'll end up pulling a Giuliani and utterly wreck his campaign, we'll see.

#4 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:51 AM

It's amazing how the DNC can convince their voters they're having an election, when nothing could be further from the truth. 400 super delegates committed to Hillary before the first vote was cast 4 years ago was NOT an election. And Democrat politicians take their marching orders from these people?!

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:56 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 04 February 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

It's amazing how the DNC can convince their voters they're having an election, when nothing could be further from the truth. 400 super delegates committed to Hillary before the first vote was cast 4 years ago was NOT an election. And Democrat politicians take their marching orders from these people?!

Hugo Chavez and Saddam Hussein used to have “elections” too.

#6 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:36 AM

View Postzurg, on 04 February 2020 - 06:56 AM, said:

Hugo Chavez and Saddam Hussein used to have “elections” too.

I remember Wasserman-Schultz explaining the need for super delegates was to ensure a *grassroots* candidate wouldn't muck up the works. My words, not hers, but the gist to if was to prevent voters from messing with the election's predetermined outcome...

#7 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:18 AM

View PostModerator T, on 04 February 2020 - 05:16 AM, said:

As far as I know, Biden didn't invest much in Iowa, choosing a few later states instead.  Whether this is smart politicking or whether he'll end up pulling a Giuliani and utterly wreck his campaign, we'll see.

I would not be surprised to see Guiliani's predecessor have success by campaigning for the late states. Of all the democrats that are out there, Bloomberg is the only one that could effectively challenge President Trump, imo.

#8 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:59 AM

View PostDutch13, on 04 February 2020 - 08:18 AM, said:

I would not be surprised to see Guiliani's predecessor have success by campaigning for the late states. Of all the democrats that are out there, Bloomberg is the only one that could effectively challenge President Trump, imo.

Bloomberg is a smart guy, no doubt. However, the problem with Bloomberg is that he simply cannot relate to the average voter. No matter what you think about him, Trump can.

When was the last non-likable candidate successful? I think you’d have to go back pretty far in history. Clinton, Gore, Romney, McCain, and Kerry were just not likable candidates. Non. Of them could relate to voters better than their counter parts.

Bloomberg is even less likable, IMO.

#9 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:44 AM

Sounds to me that it’s a big “tie”, and each will receive a trophy labeled “Participant”.

#10 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:28 PM

View Posterp, on 04 February 2020 - 08:59 AM, said:

Bloomberg is a smart guy, no doubt. However, the problem with Bloomberg is that he simply cannot relate to the average voter. No matter what you think about him, Trump can.

When was the last non-likable candidate successful?  I think you'd have to go back pretty far in history. Clinton, Gore, Romney, McCain, and Kerry were just not likable candidates. Non. Of them could relate to voters better than their counter parts.

Bloomberg is even less likable, IMO.

I don't disagree with your points......except, I don't think that most people will think of him as "unlikeable". With his money and all the media building him up, he still may not have a shot at beating President Trump.....I just think he has the best shot.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users