RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Jonathan Turley To Nancy The Ripper: Apologize Or Resign - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jonathan Turley To Nancy The Ripper: Apologize Or Resign Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

Jonathan Turley To Nancy The Ripper: Apologize Or Resign

HotAir
Karen Townsend
Posted at 10:01 pm on February 5, 2020

Excerpt:

The State of the Union address delivered by President Trump Tuesday night was like no other I’ve seen. Most of all, the messages it delivered were effective. The Democrats in attendance resorted to behavior indicating they now realize the future may not be so bright for them on Election Night 2020. Speaker Pelosi led them over the cliff.

One of President Trump’s best lines was this one: “We have rejected the downsizing of America’s destiny.” As Jazz and Ed have noted so far today, as I write this Wednesday morning, this speech was one long on patriotism, America First, and keeping America safe. Woven into the speech were several moments that will be remembered long after any sentences that the president read to the nation – not the least of which is the final moment when the Speaker of the House rose from her seat directly behind President Trump and began ripping up her copy of the multi-page document. That wasn’t any old copy of a speech, that was an official document that Trump handed to her before delivering the speech.

I wasn’t able to watch all of this year’s address. I taped it, though, and watched what I missed after tuning in to see about the last third of it in real-time. When Pelosi acted like a petulant teenager by ripping up those papers, it was a jaw-dropping moment. Ed has the video here from last night. Vice-President Mike Pence said during an interview Wednesday morning on Fox and Friends, “I wasn’t clear if she was ripping up the speech or ripping up the Constitution.”

Liberal Professor Jonathan Turley had a few things to say about Pelosi’s behavior throughout the address and posted his thoughts on Twitter. I followed along as he presented a lesson in etiquette for the Speaker. He explains there are traditions and decorum and we expect the Speaker of the House to behave as a grown-up, even if she doesn’t like what the president is saying. The continual head shaking and muttering to herself had me wondering if Pelosi was ok. Seriously. Even for her, she was a bit too over-the-top.

According to Turley, by Pelosi ripping up the document, she was reduced to acting like a troll.

There was plenty of tit-for-tat going on but Speaker Pelosi sets the tone for her party and in that, she failed miserably. I noticed that she kept looking off to the side where the Democrats sat. She kept an eye on them all as applause broke out for the president’s words. She wanted to make sure they toed the line and didn’t give him any support. The Democrats sat stone-faced and didn’t clap for anything except for a couple of times that I noticed. They did clap when Trump mentioned the demise of Al-Baghdadi and Soleimani. They took a pass on applauding the successes of the economy, such as low unemployment, record employment of women and minorities, low-interest rates, rising homeownership and so on. They didn’t applaud when Trump announced a scholarship opportunity for a young black girl in a neighborhood with a failing public school. Her life will improve and her single mom will rest easier knowing her child is getting a better education. Democrats didn’t clap for less illegal immigration or increased security at the border. Democrats didn’t bother to clap for Rush Limbaugh as he was awarded the Medal of Freedom by Trump and when Melania placed it on him. Pelosi kept them all under control.

The Democrats were allowed to applaud when a family reunion occurred. As a military wife and mom to two young children was acknowledged, she received a surprise – her husband walked out and joined his family. It was an amazing moment that even the Democrats couldn’t ignore. Sadly, the lukewarm reception from them for the 100-year-old Tuskegee airman and his young great-grandson was also a part of the evening’s event. He had been promoted by the president and Trump presented him with the appropriate military decoration earlier on Tuesday. Never-Trumper Bill Kristol did the Democrats’ bidding on Twitter. Don’t forget the bad Orange Man is racist.

Now Professor Turley is calling for Speaker Pelosi’s resignation.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:57 PM

Mark Kaminski to Nutsy the Deer-in-the-headlights Incontinent: "Resign or be prosecuted".

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:58 PM

View PostKaren Townsend, on 06 February 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

Never-Trumper Bill Kristol did the Democrats’ bidding on Twitter. Don’t forget the bad Orange Man is racist.

F U Bill Kristol. That is a LONG-debunked lie.

<_<

#4 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:03 PM

Sorry, professor, but her electing either of your options would require her to first develop a conscience.

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:06 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 06 February 2020 - 06:58 PM, said:

<_<

One on my list if I ever met to kick in the nuts.

#6 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:49 PM

View PostRock N, on 06 February 2020 - 07:06 PM, said:

Assuming he has any...

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:48 PM

View PostBookdoc, on 06 February 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

Assuming he has any...

:exactly:

#8 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:12 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 06 February 2020 - 06:58 PM, said:

<_<

:exactly:

I hope he becomes a victim to identity theft. The ultimate karma.

View PostRock N, on 06 February 2020 - 07:06 PM, said:

X2.

View PostBookdoc, on 06 February 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

Assuming he has any...

:yeahthat:
Highly doubtful Jihad Kristol does...

#9 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

I was prepared to disagree with the premise of the thread based simply on the title, but Turley's piece puts the Speaker of the House's role in great context. She had one job that she failed.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users