RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: They’re Voting in New Hampshire - RightNation.US

They’re Voting in New Hampshire Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:13 AM

They're Voting in New Hampshire, but This Democrat Just Wants to Jump Off a Bridge

Michael Tomasky
Special Correspondent
Published Feb. 11, 2020 5:16AM ET

thedailybeast.com

(Too short to excerpt)

New Hampshire is voting. I remember when this used to be an exciting day. Even if my candidate didn't win, which he (they were all men) usually didn't, I loved both the reliable rituals and the unexpected little accidents. If memory serves (the video doesn't seem to be online), I recall Illinois Senator Paul Simon saying during his concession speech in 1988 that "our platform is strong"—right before the riser he was standing on collapsed.

Well, it's not exciting now. It's depressing. I'm depressed. Almost everybody I know, every Democrat anyway, is depressed. It's a mess. Iowa was a <censored>show and shouldn't be first anyway. New Hampshire shouldn't be second, it's totally preposterous, yet the party lacks the stones to tell these self-important, second-tier states to go stuff it. The candidates don't look like winners. The party looks like it might be headed toward a face-off between a billionaire and a man who wants to ban billionaires, neither of them really Democrats.

And Donald Trump is going to be re-elected.

Link

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/coffeenpc.gif

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:28 AM

At this point Lefty, you might as well just stay home on election day, Trump and his deplorable sycophants got this covered...

#3 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:36 AM

Which loon is in the lead?

#4 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:40 AM

So he liked things before.

But not now. And only because there isn't a candidate he likes.

And now that there isn't a candidate he likes (this cycle), the entire process should be trashed (forever).

I'm relishing his misery. Not out of cruelty mind you. It's the joy when stupid people get the justice they deserve for making stupid decisions.

#5 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:43 AM

View PostAntiObama, on 11 February 2020 - 11:36 AM, said:

This is immediately what I thought of when I read the title.

This song was sung in the 60's.

Things haven't changed that much. Oh, and AOC? It's been like that since before Trump took office.

#6 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:46 AM

Some lying dog-faced pony soldier. :shrug:

#7 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:55 AM

https://cdn.mpasho.co.ke/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/schadenfreude.jpg

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 11 February 2020 - 11:56 AM

#8 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:59 AM

They're Voting in New Hampshire

#9 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:03 PM

Amy Klobuchar leads midnight vote in New Hampshire
By Gregory Krieg and Lauren Dezenski, CNN

Updated 11:30 AM ET, Tue February 11, 2020

Visit CNN's Election Center for full coverage of the 2020 race

(CNN)Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar won the most votes when a little more than two dozen New Hampshire residents in three tiny townships cast their ballots shortly after midnight in Tuesday's first-in-the-nation primary.
Dixville Notch in the state's northern tip, nearby Millsfield, and Hart's Location, further south and tucked in the White Mountains, are the first places to declare primary results because voters cast ballots so early...

Klobuchar started Tuesday with eight votes, followed by Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who each had four votes. Entrepreneur Andrew Yang won three votes, while former Vice President Joe Biden, former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg each received two votes. Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and businessman Tom Steyer got one vote each.

In a surprising twist, Bloomberg, who isn't on the ballot in New Hampshire, won the first votes of Tuesday's Democratic and Republican primaries as a write-in candidate in the township of Dixville Notch.

#10 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:02 PM

Bloomberg pulls out win in tiny Dixville Notch, NH
By Kyle Balluck - 02/11/20 06:05 AM EST
Full story on The Hill

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg pulled out a win early Tuesday in the small New Hampshire town of Dixville Notch, the first community to cast ballots in the New Hampshire presidential primary. The billionaire businessman, a late entry to the 2020 Democratic primary race, had three write-in votes, according to USA Today, which added that they came from two Democrats and a Republican.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), the leader in recent Granite State polls, and former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg split the other two votes cast in Dixville Notch.

USA Today noted that Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) was the only 2020 White House hopeful to visit the Coos County village, which has five residents.

Bloomberg, who is not on the ballot in New Hampshire, is skipping some early primaries and caucuses and is instead focusing on the upcoming Super Tuesday contests. He soared to third place in a national Quinnipiac University poll out on Monday.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) was the winner in Hart’s Location and Millsfield, two other small New Hampshire villages that voted early in the morning. Klobuchar had six votes in Hart’s Location, according to WMUR, and two votes in Millsfield.

---------------------------------------------------

Of course, three votes in a 5-person precinct is meaningless at the end of the day. But what's interesting is the publicity it is getting, as a backhanded way of letting people know they CAN write in Bloomberg as a "none of the above" choice.

#11 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

Watching Fox News this morning, a couple of interesting facts came out about Trump's rally last night. This from Kayleigh McEnany, the RNC's spokeswoman, of the 12,000 attendees at the rally, 40% were Democrats. Over 50,000 had applied for admittance to the rally and the overflow crowd that stood outside was larger than the turnout at any Dem. rally that day. Democrats attending a Trump rally the evening before they're supposed to vote in their own party's primary? C'mon November!! :sinister:

#12 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

View Postmjperry51, on 11 February 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

[size="4"][b]They're Voting in New Hampshire

Maybe their Dem party will be able to declare a result by this time next week.

#13 User is offline   bearded old man 

• Another day...another dollar

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:46 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 11 February 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

At this point Lefty, you might as well just stay home on election day, Trump and his deplorable sycophants got this covered...

I hope so, I moved from NH TO FL when tens of thousands of people from Mass. moved there and then voted in the same crap they were trying to escape. Florida is going the same way too.....

#14 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:59 PM

View Postbearded old man, on 11 February 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

I hope so, I moved from NH TO FL when tens of thousands of people from Mass. moved there and then voted in the same crap they were trying to escape. Florida is going the same way too.....

I believe Trump lost to Hillary in 2016 by less than 2,000 votes. Judging by the makeup of the 12,000 who just attended his rally, he should win NH this time. And yeah, Leftie's aren't bright enough to change the way they vote, engaging in deep thought isn't one of their strong points.

#15 User is offline   Mrdirt73 

• Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:07 PM

They're Voting in New Hampshire, but This Democrat Just Wants to Jump Off a Bridge

Michael Tomasky
Special Correspondent
Published Feb. 11, 2020 5:16AM ET

thedailybeast.com

(Too short to excerpt)

New Hampshire is voting. I remember when this used to be an exciting day. Even if my candidate didn't win, which he (they were all men) usually didn't, I loved both the reliable rituals and the unexpected little accidents. If memory serves (the video doesn't seem to be online), I recall Illinois Senator Paul Simon saying during his concession speech in 1988 that "our platform is strong"—right before the riser he was standing on collapsed.

Well, it's not exciting now. It's depressing. I'm depressed. Almost everybody I know, every Democrat anyway, is depressed. It's a mess. Iowa was a <censored>show and shouldn't be first anyway. New Hampshire shouldn't be second, it's totally preposterous, yet the party lacks the stones to tell these self-important, second-tier states to go stuff it. The candidates don't look like winners. The party looks like it might be headed toward a face-off between a billionaire and a man who wants to ban billionaires, neither of them really Democrats.

And Donald Trump is going to be re-elected.

Link

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/coffeenpc.gif

Some states are more equal than others.

This post has been edited by Mrdirt73: 11 February 2020 - 02:07 PM

#16 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:32 PM

View PostMrdirt73, on 11 February 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

In the eyes of Lefties, the only states that count vote blue, eh? Never heard the expression *second tier state* before, sounds a little condescending to me. At any rate, NH's vote will be counted today and the Left's finest will be off to their next destination. Can't happen soon enough for me, as noted by the author, it's all just an exercise in futility anyway...

#17 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:25 PM

I can recommend some very fine ones... and may the f=ma be with you.

http://www.mightymac.org/bridge1225.JPGhttps://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/watsonbowman/project_gallery/_productLineMainImage/sunshine-skyway.png
(Mackinac Bridge, MI, "The Might Mac", 200' deck; Sunshine Skyway Bridge FL, 180'.

At their highest road surface, the equivalent of being at the 20th or 18th floor. A belly flop from either height would be the equivalent of hitting a solid surface. Could you 'Swan Dive' into it? Well, the record for "High Dive" is 191.207 ft... but not without injury (fractured thoracic vertebra)(Ouch! talk about a "back-breaking" project...)

FWIW: I've driven over both the Mackinac and Sunshine Skyway. Once each. Never twice.

EtA: And for whatever reason, The Mackinac is actually pronounced "Mackinaw". As in "Naw, you ain't ever getting ME to drive across it again". I'm a Navy guy; show me towards the nearest ferry.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 11 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

#18 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:25 PM

But as Stalin so aptly noted, voting is fine, but it's who's counting that makes all the difference. Ask Bernie

#19 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

View PostMrdirt73, on 11 February 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

They just can't help themselves. The smug is innate.

The author just HAS to be from New York

#20 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:47 PM

Biden’s below 10% so far. His corn done popped.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users