RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Roger Stone prosecutors resign from case after DOJ backpedals on sente - RightNation.US

Roger Stone prosecutors resign from case after DOJ backpedals on sente Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:26 PM

Roger Stone prosecutors resign from case after DOJ backpedals on sentencing recommendation
NBC - Dartunorro Clark and Michael Kosnar and Dareh Gregorian and Ken Dilanian - link

<excerpted>

Three prosecutors in Roger Stone's criminal case abruptly resigned from the case on Tuesday after the Justice Department said it planned to reduce the recommended sentence for the longtime Trump associate.

The Justice Department was pulling back on its request to sentence Stone to seven to nine years in prison after President Donald Trump blasted the sentencing proposal as "a miscarriage of justice."

"The department finds the recommendation extreme and excessive and will clarify its position later today," a senior department official confirmed to NBC News.

After the reports of the imminent softer sentencing recommendation, lead prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky withdrew as a prosecutor in the case. A footnote in his court filing noted that "the undersigned attorney has resigned effective immediately."

Zelinsky, who was a part of former special counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating Russian election interference, is not resigning from the Justice Department but is leaving the Washington, D.C. U.S. Attorney's Office and returning to his old job with the U.S. Attorney in Maryland.

Another one of the prosecutors, Jonathan Kravis, also resigned— both from the case and his job as an assistant U.S. attorney. Kravis on Tuesday filed a notice with the judge saying he "no longer represents the government in this matter." A third prosecutor, Adam Jed, also withdrew from the case.
*snip*

"This is a horrible and very unfair situation," the president wrote in a follow-up post on Twitter. "The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!"
*snip*

Schiff said it would "it would be a blatant abuse of power if President Trump has in fact intervened to reverse the recommendations of career prosecutors at the Department of Justice."

"Doing so would send an unmistakable message that President Trump will protect those who lie to Congress to cover up his own misconduct, and that the Attorney General will join him in that effort. Coupled with the President's blatant retaliation against those who helped expose his wrongdoing, the Trump Administration poses the gravest threat to the rule of law in America in a generation," Schiff said.
*snip*

It sounds to me like the prosecutors know that their files are going to be opened and scrutinized and they're getting out while they still can.

And, the fact that Schiff has the effing nerve to accuse anyone of abuse of power is astonishing in it's hypocrisy.

#2 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:39 PM

Eh, just pardon him and be done with it. You KNOW it's going to happen anyway.

#3 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:25 PM

Trump will make sure he is taken care of and when Trump wins his second term Stone will be released ASAP.

Nutty Nancy and Cryin' Chuck will resign in January 2021. lol

#4 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:52 PM

Well, if you're not going to let me railroad an old man into prison for the rest of his life, I'm just gonna leave in a huff!

#5 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

Schiff said it would "it would be a blatant abuse of power if President Trump has in fact intervened to reverse the recommendations of career prosecutors at the Department of Justice."

PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump has the Constitutional authority to pardon Stone, you lying piece of Schiff.

Ticked nailed it. The prosecutors did not resign in protest. The DOJ is about to drop a truth bomb and they're running for the shelters hoping to clear the blast zone.

#6 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:56 PM

View PostAntiObama, on 11 February 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

Trump will make sure he is taken care of and when Trump wins his second term Stone will be released ASAP.

Nutty Nancy and Cryin' Chuck will resign in January 2021. lol

Would it be wrong to hope that the arrest of Nancy and Chuck is the cardiac kind? Asking for a friend.

#7 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:04 PM

Here is your next group of whistle blowers. All of them rats in a corrupt office.

Zelinsky, who was a part of former special counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating Russian election interference, is not resigning from the Justice Department but is leaving the Washington, D.C. U.S. Attorney's Office and returning to his old job with the U.S. Attorney in Maryland.

This snake slithered back to his den for his next strike. I am sure it will be a whistle blower complaint about a phone call from Trump to the DOJ or some utter nonsense.

"I thought it was an insult to our country and it shouldn't happen," Trump said. "These are the same Mueller people who put everybody through hell and I think it's a disgrace."

He's absolutely right! I love this unchained Trump he nails it. Why isn't John "I have 3 purple hearts" Kerry being investigated for his actions in Iran? He's acting as a speaker of a foreign government lobbying. Yet we hear nothing about it. It's operations normal!
Schiff head thinks it would be a blatant abuse of power if he told the DOJ to lower the penalty. I wonder what he would say the minute he gets a pardon?

This post has been edited by Taggart Transcontinental: 11 February 2020 - 07:04 PM

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:47 AM

These were more like persecutors, not prosecutors and THREE of them? Really? One wasn't enough to do the job as normal?

The entire proceeding against Stone was nothing but an unwarranted political assault, especially the totally unnecessary use of the SWAT team with machine guns and armour serving him an arrest warrant after midnight when all they needed was an officer to ring his doorbell and serve the warrant during the day (the charges were also cooked up political bs too and so was the trial). All were done to purposely smear and break him.

Trump had better pardon Stone and not put it off any longer.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 12 February 2020 - 12:54 AM

#9 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:58 AM

Zelinsky? Where have we heard that name before?

I agree with what others have said. These three guys are likely dirty deep staters fleeing like rats.

#10 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:37 AM

All four of the prosecutors in the Roger Stone case have resigned today. (Link)

Not only is that interesting, but President Trump also withdrew his nomination of US Attorney Jessie Liu to Treasury Dept. (Link)

The second part is interesting as she oversaw three different Mueller cases. President Trump got Liu to step down as US Attorney in DC by nominating her to a top Treasury Dept. position and then appointed Tim O'Shea to that position - and withdrew Liu's nomination on the same day. (Link)

This post has been edited by Junto: 12 February 2020 - 01:37 AM

#11 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:06 AM

Rep. Devin Nunes: "Let me tell you something else… The lawyers who stepped down today the prosecutors who suggested 7 to 9 for Roger Stone. We believe that this is not going to be the only example. We believe there is other examples of things they did during the Mueller investigation that I think you and your listeners and the American people will be very interested to learn in the coming weeks. As we start to unpeel the onion of what the Mueller team was really doing. Because I would say this, when Mueller was appointed we have to ask ourselves, he walks in the door the first day and he said, “OK, show me all the evidence you got on the Russians?” They’re like, “Bob, sorry we don’t have any Russians here. We don’t have any evidence.” So what the hell did they do for two years? They set up an obstruction of justice trap. And they went after a whole lot of people who have now got sentenced. Some already served their time. And I think all of this has to be called into question now."

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

View PostJunto, on 12 February 2020 - 01:37 AM, said:

All four of the prosecutors in the Roger Stone case have resigned today. (Link)

Not only is that interesting, but President Trump also withdrew his nomination of US Attorney Jessie Liu to Treasury Dept. (Link)

The second part is interesting as she oversaw three different Mueller cases. President Trump got Liu to step down as US Attorney in DC by nominating her to a top Treasury Dept. position and then appointed Tim O'Shea to that position - and withdrew Liu's nomination on the same day. (Link)

Trump openly cheering his attorney general’s political interference in the Roger Stone case on his behalf is just peachy too, right?

#13 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:08 AM

View PostLadybird, on 12 February 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

Trump openly cheering his attorney general’s political interference in the Roger Stone case on his behalf is just peachy too, right?

:rolleyes:

#14 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:22 AM

:biglaugh:

#15 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:47 AM

Maybe the Dems should investigate further and we'll see how that works out for them. Lol...

This post has been edited by Junto: 12 February 2020 - 11:13 AM

#16 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

A president shouldn't cheer justice? Since when?

:scratch:

#17 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:58 PM

Peachy ? Not so much but definitely one step for justice. Tighten your jock strap the real battle is just getting started.

#18 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:15 PM

Barr has been under attack since the day the President appointed him. That after spending a lifetime establishing a spotless reputation of honesty and independence. The same insane pattern keeps repeating and repeating. The sooner deep staters start doing hard time the better for the country and law and order.

Roger Stone is guilty of being a flamboyant supporter of the president. The democrats and media are in lather because President is defending himself and innocent supporters who have been targeted by the Obama hit squads and crooked judges.

LOCK THEM UP.

#19 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

Please provide some proof for that statement.

#20 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

I've seen you on youtube, haven't I? Aren't you the one that trashes McDonald's when they run out of sweet tea?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users