RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 'The economy is not working' - RightNation.US

Jump to content

'The economy is not working' MSNBC's Katy Tur claims people have 30-year car loans Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 37,537
  • Joined: 13-January 04

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:03 AM

'The economy is not working': MSNBC's Katy Tur claims people have 30-year car loans
by John Gage
February 11, 2020 05:37 PM
Washington Examiner

<More WTF?! Here>

MSNBC host Katy Tur said she talked to a lot of potential 2020 voters, and many were concerned about how long it takes to pay off their car loans.

"When I ask people if they're voting for Donald Trump, I hear about their 401(k)s a lot," the host said Tuesday. "But there are those out that who don't have a 401(k). And there are those out there, this economy is not really working for them. They might have a job, but it's not a job that pays their bills. They can get a car, but it's a loan that will last them 30 years."

"The economy is not working in a way that makes their lives function properly," she added. Most car loans last between two and six years, with some being as long as seven years.

Tur's criticism of the economy comes as President Trump is touting record stock market highs. "New Stock Market RECORD," the president tweeted Tuesday. "Congratulations, spend your money wisely. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!!!!!" The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq composite both hit record highs this week.

(snip)

<More WTF?! Here>
0

#2 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 26,517
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:32 AM

1. No financial institute does 30 year car loans, I think the longest loan you can get is a 7.

2. The number of people working part time out of necessity is far lower right know then it EVER WAS under Dear Obama.

3. Some jobs never where meant to make a living on, BUT, at this time a number of entry level jobs and or employers are offering benefits or perks which was not the case in the past.

4. Notice how the areas where the economy has failed are general quite Blue and have been for years?

5. Also notice their is no numbers given, no stats, no historical data, nothing.
0

#3 User is offline   erp 

  • Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 38,886
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:44 AM

If I could get a 30 year car loan, Iím getting a Bentley!!
0

#4 User is offline   jmihop 

  • <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor
  • Posts: 629
  • Joined: 07-January 04

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:06 AM

No wonder my sister's been in such a good mood. She probably finally got the title to that beat up '89 Grand Am.
0

#5 User is offline   Natural Selection 

  • Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 19,235
  • Joined: 31-December 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:07 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 12 February 2020 - 09:03 AM, said:

They might have a job, but it's not a job that pays their bills.


Who's fault is that? I just went to Indeed.com and their home page said "805,710 new jobs in the last 7 days". If you don't have a job that pays the bills it's not the economy with a problem, it's you.

Learn a skill that pays more. Lower your standard of living. Or both. Just don't expect taxpayers to foot the bill because you can't live within your means.
0

#6 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

  • Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 7,620
  • Joined: 27-June 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:39 AM

I love when establishment media cogs start pulling made up anecdotes out of their asses to pretend they care about those smelly Walmart people that they actually hate.
0

#7 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 7,721
  • Joined: 05-June 15

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:16 PM

Of course a demented MSDNC robot would say this? :nuts:

Katy Tur-d.

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 12 February 2020 - 12:17 PM

0

#8 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 7,721
  • Joined: 05-June 15

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:19 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 February 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

Who's fault is that? I just went to Indeed.com and their home page said "805,710 new jobs in the last 7 days". If you don't have a job that pays the bills it's not the economy with a problem, it's you.

Learn a skill that pays more. Lower your standard of living. Or both. Just don't expect taxpayers to foot the bill because you can't live within your means.


:exactly:

View PostBen Cranklin, on 12 February 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

I love when establishment media cogs start pulling made up anecdotes out of their asses to pretend they care about those smelly Walmart people that they actually hate.


:yes:
They are beyond phony...
0

#9 User is offline   Coach 

  • Coach
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 15,137
  • Joined: 17-November 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:25 PM

One of the facts about capitalism is that people are constantly moving up, down, sideways, arriving, leaving, emerging and disappearing. Every attempt to command economies fails. Russians in the USSR had an endless supply of shoes so long as they all wore the same size. I read today that even people making 100,000 per year run out of money money before pay day. That's not the failure of the economy, it's proof that even idiots can be over paid in a capitalist system.

Check out the the history of commune systems in the United States, every one of them failed until they became private enterprises.

Hitching your wagon to the slowest horses will not win any races.
0

#10 User is offline   mjperry51 

  • My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 12,452
  • Joined: 13-September 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:34 PM

View PostCoach, on 12 February 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

One of the facts about capitalism is that people are constantly moving up, down, sideways, arriving, leaving, emerging and disappearing. Every attempt to command economies fails. Russians in the USSR had an endless supply of shoes so long as they all wore the same size. I read today that even people making 100,000 per year run out of money money before pay day. That's not the failure of the economy, it's proof that even idiots can be over paid in a capitalist system.

Check out the the history of commune systems in the United States, every one of them failed until they became private enterprises.

Hitching your wagon to the slowest horses will not win any races.


Starting with Jamestown. . .
0

#11 User is online   Joe the Pagan 

  • I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 7,110
  • Joined: 02-November 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:53 PM

I would guess Katy has spent a sheltered life ling all of it in NYC or other metropolitan ares, and has never needed to own a car.
0

#12 User is offline   stick 

  • The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 16,880
  • Joined: 24-November 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:20 PM

Not sure about car loans but I know people taking 20 year loans on high-priced wake boats - which is frickin' nuts.
0

#13 User is offline   stick 

  • The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 16,880
  • Joined: 24-November 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 February 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

Who's fault is that? I just went to Indeed.com and their home page said "805,710 new jobs in the last 7 days". If you don't have a job that pays the bills it's not the economy with a problem, it's you.

Learn a skill that pays more. Lower your standard of living. Or both. Just don't expect taxpayers to foot the bill because you can't live within your means.


My advice to these "poor folks": Don't start crying about the decisions you made in life: you're an adult now.

Just think where these folks would be if they would have taken the money they've spent in interest on credit card purchases and all of their non-essentials and DID invest it in the stock market or open a 401k. I see people with cell phones (and the phone bills that go with them), designer clothes, bling, tattoos, nice cars, etc. - all spendy things - where IMO they could spend that money in better ways. But hey, not my life, not my problem but I'll be damned if I'm going to support any of your progressive social justice schemes with my hard-earned money. I SEE how y'all are with money, you are much worse when it isn't yours.

I don't wear designer stuff, I've never gotten a tattoo or piercing, I don't drive expensive sports cars and we are pretty comfortable income wise. I'd rather invest in my kids education and an early retirement.

I was talking with a guy who is going to rebuild my old Chevy truck engine yesterday and he said ever since Trump was elected he has gone gang-busters with engine work and it hasn't let up in 3 years. He had high HP engines all over his shop. I said I think it is people's confidence that the government isn't coming for their wallet any more. He agreed and said it's two words: confidence and optimism that is driving our good economy right now and I couldn't agree more.
0

#14 User is offline   GrimV 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 9,348
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:21 PM

Quote

"They might have a job, but it's not a job that pays their bills. They can get a car, but it's a loan that will last them 30 years."


Why lie?

Do Lefty wanks really believe the Great Unwashed are this freakin' stupid?
0

#15 User is offline   Natural Selection 

  • Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 19,235
  • Joined: 31-December 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:30 PM

View Poststick, on 12 February 2020 - 01:34 PM, said:

My advice to these "poor folks": Don't start crying about the decisions you made in life: you're an adult now.

Just think where these folks would be if they would have taken the money they've spent in interest on credit card purchases and all of their non-essentials and DID invest it in the stock market or open a 401k. I see people with cell phones (and the phone bills that go with them), designer clothes, bling, tattoos, nice cars, etc. - all spendy things - where IMO they could spend that money in better ways. But hey, not my life, not my problem but I'll be damned if I'm going to support any of your progressive social justice schemes with my hard-earned money. I SEE how y'all are with money, you are much worse when it isn't yours.

I don't wear designer stuff, I've never gotten a tattoo or piercing, I don't drive expensive sports cars and we are pretty comfortable income wise. I'd rather invest in my kids education and an early retirement.


I'm a CNC programmer/machinist. A lot of my coworkers are working overtime and weekends just to break even. I only work 40 hrs/week and I still save plenty of money. I've told them plenty of times it's all about living within your means. A few weeks later they'll ask me again how I do it.

http://i.postimg.cc/1zWHC3QK/surrounded-by-idiots.jpg
0

#16 User is offline   stick 

  • The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 16,880
  • Joined: 24-November 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 February 2020 - 02:30 PM, said:

I'm a CNC programmer/machinist. A lot of my coworkers are working overtime and weekends just to break even. I only work 40 hrs/week and I still save plenty of money. I've told them plenty of times it's all about living within your means. A few weeks later they'll ask me again how I do it.

http://i.postimg.cc/1zWHC3QK/surrounded-by-idiots.jpg


Maybe you should offer some financial advice to them...for a fee. :P
0

#17 User is offline   Natural Selection 

  • Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 19,235
  • Joined: 31-December 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:34 PM

View Poststick, on 12 February 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

Maybe you should offer some financial advice to them...for a fee. :P


I'm sure they would promise to pay me "next week". :lol:
0

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 60,824
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:11 PM

View PostGrimV, on 12 February 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

Why lie?

Do Lefty wanks really believe the Great Unwashed are this freakin' stupid?


A rhetorical question, right? Yes, they really do believe people are that stupid.

And sadly, roughly half the time (i.e. Democrat voters) they're correct.

:(
0

#19 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 33,276
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:26 PM

View Posterp, on 12 February 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

If I could get a 30 year car loan, Iím getting a Bentley!!

2020 Corvette here.

Fully loaded, completely unleashed from all factory limits by John Lingerfelter Performance in Indy. :tongue:
0

#20 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 33,276
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 February 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

Who's fault is that? I just went to Indeed.com and their home page said "805,710 new jobs in the last 7 days". If you don't have a job that pays the bills it's not the economy with a problem, it's you.

Learn a skill that pays more. Lower your standard of living. Or both. Just don't expect taxpayers to foot the bill because you can't live within your means.

:exactly:
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users