RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: I Will Say What the Political Leaders Cannot Say About Buttigieg - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I Will Say What the Political Leaders Cannot Say About Buttigieg Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:12 AM

I Will Say What the Political Leaders Cannot Say About Pete Buttigieg
By MICHAEL BROWN
Published on February 11, 2020
Stream

<More Here>

It is certainly politically incorrect to say this. In fact, in the eyes of many, what I'm about to say is a classic example of extreme religious bigotry. But I will say it nonetheless.

A Proudly Gay President Would be Bad for America

Choosing an out and proud "married" gay man to run for president, let alone become president, would contribute to the further degeneration and moral confusion of our society along with further attacks on our most fundamental rights.

When I tweeted this statement out on Feb. 8, it received far more retweets and likes than my average tweet. Far more. So, it obviously struck a chord. The support was strong and consistent.

Dr. Michael L. Brown
@DrMichaelLBrown
Call me a homophobic bigot, but I'll say it anyway. Choosing an out & proud "married" gay man to run for president, let alone become president, would contribute to the further degeneration & moral confusion of our society along with further attacks on our most fundamental rights.

9:10 AM - Feb 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
803 people are talking about this

But That's "Uninformed, Childish and Biblically Ignorant," Critics Say

Also, as expected, there were words of condemnation and rebuke, including this tweet from Bible teacher Gilbert Gonzalez Jr. He wrote: "Please tell me this tweet is from a different century. There is no way that anyone today that has any education would ever write something so generally uninformed, childish, and biblically ignorant. This is why people don't take Christianity seriously. Its leaders refuse to learn."

Dr. Michael L. Brown
@DrMichaelLBrown
· Feb 8, 2020
Call me a homophobic bigot, but I'll say it anyway. Choosing an out & proud "married" gay man to run for president, let alone become president, would contribute to the further degeneration & moral confusion of our society along with further attacks on our most fundamental rights.

Gilbert Gonzalez Jr
@GilbertGJr
Please tell me this tweet is from a different century. There is no way that anyone today that has any education would ever write something so generally uninformed, childish, and biblically ignorant. This is why people don't take Christianity seriously. Its leaders refuse to learn

12:24 PM - Feb 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Gilbert Gonzalez Jr's other Tweets

Obviously, I fully expected responses like this. That's why I began my tweet by saying, "Call me a homophobic bigot, but I'll say it anyway."

What else could I expect? The moment you say a word about Mayor Pete being "married" to another man, all while flaunting his deep Christian faith, you will be called a homophobic bigot.

So be it. I've been called worse things than that.

Come to think of it, Jesus Himself, our perfect Savior, was called far worse things.

And He told us to expect the same: "It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul [basically, the devil himself], how much more the members of his household!"

Are Evangelicals Falling Over Ourselves to "Excuse Trump's Grotesque Immorality"?

According to Prof. Randall Rauser, however, to call me a homophobic bigot is not out of line. (Prof. Rauser is a moderate Canadian evangelical and a constant basher of President Trump.) As he wrote in his blog, "Behavior and reasoning like this provide very plausible evidence that Christians like Brown have an irrational fear of and/or antipathy toward gay people."

Indeed, according to Prof. Rauser, "Evangelicals like Brown fall over themselves to excuse Trump's grotesque immorality. … Among his latest egregious actions, last week he mocked the words of Jesus at the National Prayer Breakfast while evangelical pastors laughed in the audience."

But that's where Prof. Rauser misses the point, as do Gilbert Gonzalez and other critics. (See also this excellent response to Rauser by Steve Hayes.)

First, I have never excused the president's past immorality. In fact, I probably called attention to it as much as any evangelical leader during the primaries. To say, I "fall over [myself] to excuse Trump's grotesque immorality" is to speak a lie.

Second, to this day, like a broken record, I draw attention to aspects of the president's behavior that I find destructive and harmful. In fact, shortly after the National Prayer Breakfast, I wrote an article addressing the very issues Prof. Rauser mentioned regarding Trump's response to the words of Jesus.

So, to brand me hypocritical for speaking out against Mayor Pete's proud homosexuality is to be either misinformed, dishonest or both.

But there is a much bigger issue that the critics are missing.

The Big Issue: Trump is Not Flaunting or Pushing His Past Immorality

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:45 AM

Call me a homophobic bigot

Ok.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 12 February 2020 - 10:45 AM

#3 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:23 AM

As much as the left does to NOT piss off muslims, have thought about muslims hate gays? My guess is, no.

#4 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:30 AM

I don't want a "proudly gay" president representing me as an American. There is one thing to say I mind my business and honestly don't care how anyone gets their rocks off. I also don't care what an adult calls his domestic partner even if it sounds weird. It is quite another to say that I want that guy who publicly flaunts his sexual perversion to represent me as the leader of my country. This doesn't make me a prude. It doesn't make me hateful. It makes me a normal, straight man.

Before I hear that this situation is the same as Obama's or even Hillary Clinton's. It simply is not. Abnormal behavior is not the same as sex or race. Anyone who says so, simply is not being realistic. If Buttigieg doesn't want to be judged by his sexual behavior, he wouldn't mention it in every appearance. If the media wanted me to pretend it isn't a factor, it wouldn't be mentioned in every glowing review. Especially because this lightweight is distinctly unremarkable in every other way. He doesn't have a chance and is basically auditioning to host a cable TV show. I think MSNBC should just give him one so he can whine about how victimized he feels without phony fawning from the other networks and we can all stop pretending that anyone is seriously considering him as any kind of national leader.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 12 February 2020 - 11:32 AM

#5 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:34 AM

View PostLadybird, on 12 February 2020 - 10:45 AM, said:

Ok.

Of course that's all you have. Nobody expected anything more, except maybe a "TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!"

#6 User is offline   CHANG 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

You can talk evangelical democrats into voting for a black man, but you’ll never talk them into voting for a gay man.

Same goes for the black vote. They despise that lifestyle as witnessed in California when gay marriage was put to a vote and soundly defeated. A judge had to swoop in and overturn the will of the people.

#7 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:10 PM

Yes, that coward Tom Perez will NEVER say it.

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 12 February 2020 - 12:10 PM

#8 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:36 PM

Whether he is gay or not is far less important than his platform. He is a typical numb nuts millennial who over achieved by becoming mayor of South Bend. His military service was the equivalent of being the designated driver in civilian life.

And he is the doppledanger of Alfred E. Newman.

#9 User is offline   Mrdirt73 

• Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:43 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 12 February 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

Choosing an out and proud "married" gay man to run for president, let alone become president, would contribute to the further degeneration and moral confusion of our society along with further attacks on our most fundamental rights.

I can't really agree with this statement.

I will say, that I don't see how Muslim majority countries would be willing to work with him. I think it would damage relations with most countries in the ME, where we don't have that great of relationships to begin with.

#10 User is offline   r12driver 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

Gay president? That ship already sailed with 0bama.

#11 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

View Posterp, on 12 February 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

As much as the left does to NOT piss off muslims, have thought about muslims hate gays? My guess is, no.

http://i.postimg.cc/9X8Rd06F/islamophobic.jpg

This will be ignored by leftists, muslims, and muslim apologists.

#12 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

View PostCoach, on 12 February 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

Whether he is gay or not is far less important than his platform. He is a typical numb nuts millennial who over achieved by becoming mayor of South Bend. His military service was the equivalent of being the designated driver in civilian life.

And he is the doppledanger of Alfred E. Newman.

The only thing that sets him apart from the other lunatics running is that he is homosexual. So, basically, his platform is to vote for him because he sleeps with men.

#13 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostJerryL, on 12 February 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

The only thing that sets him apart from the other lunatics running is that he is homosexual. So, basically, his platform is to vote for him because he sleeps with men.

And seeing how he's a democrat, if he won he would probably sign an executive order demanding all government agencies hire a certain percentage of gay people regardless of merit.

#14 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

View PostJerryL, on 12 February 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

That and how fashionable, woke, and virtuous saying you are voting for The Gay One is supposed to make you feel.

#15 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:00 PM

If he was't a homosexual we would never have heard of him.

#16 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:51 PM

A person's sexuality should not be the centerpiece of any politician's candidacy.

I don't care what anyone does in the bedroom as long as it doesn't involve children or farm animals. But I do want the details of it to remain in the bedroom. As long as one doesn't wear it on one's sleeve, it shouldn't matter.

View PostBen Cranklin, on 12 February 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

That and how fashionable, woke, and virtuous saying you are voting for The Gay One is supposed to make you feel.

truth in this

View PostNatural Selection, on 12 February 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

simply one of the finest political cartoons of the millennium

#17 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:42 AM

Well, we had a closeted islamic gay guy for 8 years, but he was given a pass. I don't know how this next guy would fare. Might just P O the islamics this time since he's no one of them.

#18 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:09 AM

View PostMrdirt73, on 12 February 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

I can't really agree with this statement.

I will say, that I don't see how Muslim majority countries would be willing to work with him. I think it would damage relations with most countries in the ME, where we don't have that great of relationships to begin with.

You could apply that to electing a woman or someone of the Jewish faith. Should we take the perceived prejudices or culture and customs of other countries into consideration when electing our own leaders?

#19 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:49 AM

I fail to see how a gay guy running for president is an "attack" on anyone's fundamental rights.

#20 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:10 AM

Natural Selection, on 12 February 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

:exactly:

r12driver, on 12 February 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

Gay president? That ship already sailed with 0bama.

:exactly:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users