RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump is Moby-Dick, the Democrats are Captain Ahab - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump is Moby-Dick, the Democrats are Captain Ahab Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

  • Trucker
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 13,164
  • Joined: 03-September 03

  Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:06 AM

Trump is Moby-Dick, the Democrats are Captain Ahab




https://www.americanthinker.com/
By Peter Skurkiss
February 12, 2020


Article:


https://www.americanthinker.com/images/bucket/2020-02/219021_5_.png



In a telling way, the current political scene is a replay of Herman Melville's 1851 novel, Moby-Dick, with Donald Trump being the great white whale and the Democrats playing the role of the vengeful Captain Ahab.

In the story, whaling captain Ahab is obsessed with killing Moby-Dick. This is traced back to an event a year earlier on a whaling expedition in the Pacific. Then, Moby-Dick took one of Ahab's legs, "as a mower a blade of grass in the field." From then on, Ahab wore a peg leg carved from the jawbone of a sperm whale.

The experience traumatized Ahab. Even Moby-Dick's color grated on Ahab's mind. To him, the color white symbolized nobility and goodness, while the whale itself was the embodiment of evil. Hate took over Ahab, blotting out reason and common sense. When he sets out on his final voyage from Nantucket on the Pequod, making a profitable haul for the ship's owners is not his priority. Killing Moby-Dick and boiling his blubber into oil is.

The story ends with a faceoff between Ahab and Moby-Dick. The white whale destroys the Pequod and drags Ahab, who has become tangled up in the harpoon line, to his death. The only survivor of the encounter is the narrator, Ishmael, who lives to tell the tale.

Now to the present day. Like Ahab, Trump severely traumatized the Democrats by defeating their anointed one, Hillary Clinton, in 2016. From that point, the party lost its mind. It could see the world only through the lens of hatred and became bound and possessed with destroying Trump to the exclusion of everything else. In the novel, Ahab passes down his obsession to most of the crew. The Democrat leadership has done the same to its rank-and-file members.




Full Story

0

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 60,824
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:48 AM

One of my all-time favorite books which I've read more than once, and this is an excellent comparison.

Yup, just like Ahab, the Democrats have completely lost all semblance of sanity and have let themselves become completely overwhelmed by their utterly irrational hatred of the best president this country has had in decades. And that irrational hatred is going to cause their ultimate destruction if they don't pull their collective heads out of their collective asses pretty damn soon.

But considering what they've become over the past few decades (baby-murderers, terrorist apologists, individual-liberty-haters, etc), it'll probably be best for everybody that they DO destroy themselves with this insanity.

B)
0

#3 User is offline   Severian 

  • Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,390
  • Joined: 14-February 04

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:49 AM

The problem of course being the country, all the rest of us, are like the poor crew of the Pequod, likely to be sunk and killed due to the Democrat Ahab obsession.
0

#4 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 26,517
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:36 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 13 February 2020 - 09:48 AM, said:

One of my all-time favorite books which I've read more than once, and this is an excellent comparison.

Yup, just like Ahab, the Democrats have completely lost all semblance of sanity and have let themselves become completely overwhelmed by their utterly irrational hatred of the best president this country has had in decades. And that irrational hatred is going to cause their ultimate destruction if they don't pull their collective heads out of their collective asses pretty damn soon.

But considering what they've become over the past few decades (baby-murderers, terrorist apologists, individual-liberty-haters, etc), it'll probably be best for everybody that they DO destroy themselves with this insanity.

B)


They also remind me of a ball obsessed dog that will run over a cliff without even thinking once about it if it means getting the ball.
I know I should feel pity and pray for the weak minded, but I think that only applies to people who aren't Godless, without morals, and are themselves trying to seek redemption.
0

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 60,824
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:08 PM

View Postoki, on 13 February 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

They also remind me of a ball obsessed dog that will run over a cliff without even thinking once about it if it means getting the ball.
I know I should feel pity and pray for the weak minded, but I think that only applies to people who aren't Godless, without morals, and are themselves trying to seek redemption.


Yes, the ball-obsessed dog is a great analogy for today's Democrats.

As for prayer, I pray for my country, which automatically amounts to a prayer for the failure of the Democrat agenda, which would destroy this country.

B)

.
0

#6 User is offline   Tikk 

  • Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 9,238
  • Joined: 16-December 03

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:38 PM

View Postoki, on 13 February 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

They also remind me of a ball obsessed dog that will run over a cliff without even thinking once about it if it means getting the ball.
I know I should feel pity and pray for the weak minded, but I think that only applies to people who aren't Godless, without morals, and are themselves trying to seek redemption.


The distinction is that I would feel sorry for the dog.
0

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

  • The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 29,054
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:07 AM

Been making this exact comparison for 2 years
0

#8 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 26,517
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:23 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 13 February 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

Yes, the ball-obsessed dog is a great analogy for today's Democrats.

As for prayer, I pray for my country, which automatically amounts to a prayer for the failure of the Democrat agenda, which would destroy this country.

B)

.


Agreed, in the case of a Dog they will blindly follow you out of love and devotion to you. For the Dems it's not out of love and devotion to this nation, but power and it's destruction(our nation).
As far as prayers go, same here. I pray for our country but find it very difficult to pray for them.
0

#9 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 26,517
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:25 PM

View PostTikk, on 13 February 2020 - 11:38 PM, said:

The distinction is that I would feel sorry for the dog.


Agreed, no Dog should be owned by someone who doesn't love and properly take care of it.
0

#10 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 33,276
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:34 PM

 oki, on 14 February 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

Agreed, no Dog should be owned by someone who doesn't love and properly take care of it.

But who would want to own a slobbering democrap? :lol:

Constantly messing on the floor, clawing and chewing up the furniture? Always yapping and howling?

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 14 February 2020 - 12:36 PM

0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users