RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Black History or “Sins of White People” Month? - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Black History or “Sins of White People” Month? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:13 AM

Black History or "Sins of White People" Month?

https://www.capitalismmagazine.com
BY THOMAS SOWELL
FEB 12, 2020

Article:

What is called Black History Month might more accurately be called "the sins of white people" month. The "sins" of any branch of the human race are virtually inexhaustible, but the history of blacks in America includes a lot more than the sins of white people, which are put front and center each February.

Obviously, there is current political mileage to be gotten from historic grievances. At a minimum, politicians and activists get the media attention that is the lifeblood of their careers. Then there are racial quotas, money for special minority programs and hopes for reparations for slavery. If nothing else, some people get excuses for their own shortcomings — and excuses are very important.

One of the many penetrating insights of the late Eric Hoffer was that, for many people, an excuse is better than an achievement. That is because an achievement, no matter how great, leaves you having to prove yourself again in the future. But an excuse can last for life.

Those black achievements which did not involve fighting the sins of white people get little attention during Black History Month. Indeed, many of those achievements undermine the blanket excuse that white sins are what prevent blacks from accomplishing more. How many people have heard of Paul Williams, who became a prominent black architect long before the civil rights revolution, or about successful black writers in the 19th century?

There was also an outstanding black high school in Washington, D.C., which had remarkable achievements from 1870 to 1955. For example, most of its graduates during that period went on to college, even though most white high school graduates did not make it to college during that era. As far back as 1899, this school's students scored higher on standardized tests than two of the three white academic high schools in the District of Columbia.

Full Story

#2 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:41 AM

This man is truly a treasure. I love reading his work.

#3 User is offline   Holland25 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:55 AM

Thank God it is the shortest month. The whole idea is racist and tiring. The idea that a race needs a month to showcase dubious accomplishments to make them feel better about themselves. Why don't you choose hard work and education over activism. Reparations? I would be happy to receive reparations for putting up with the attempted destruction of western civilization, countless billions stolen from hard working Americans to pay for endless social programs, policing, penal institutions and constant violent crime. The next time you feel hatred for white people look around your world. Your home and work and look at all the technology and comforts that you would never have if not for white people. Really research any item and see who invented it or manufactured it. Look through your medicine cabinet or the vaccines you and your children get. The list is endless. Then thank God that white people made the world a better place to live in. I am just sick of this pandering every year.

#4 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:06 AM

Holland25, on 14 February 2020 - 08:55 AM, said:

Thank God it is the shortest month. The whole idea is racist and tiring. The idea that a race needs a month to showcase dubious accomplishments to make them feel better about themselves. Why don't you choose hard work and education over activism. Reparations? I would be happy to receive reparations for putting up with the attempted destruction of western civilization, countless billions stolen from hard working Americans to pay for endless social programs, policing, penal institutions and constant violent crime. The next time you feel hatred for white people look around your world. Your home and work and look at all the technology and comforts that you would never have if not for white people. Really research any item and see who invented it or manufactured it. Look through your medicine cabinet or the vaccines you and your children get. The list is endless. Then thank God that white people made the world a better place to live in. I am just sick of this pandering every year.

:exactly:

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:27 AM

Holland25, on 14 February 2020 - 08:55 AM, said:

:clap: :2up: :welldone:

#6 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:31 AM

Taggart Transcontinental, on 14 February 2020 - 07:41 AM, said:

This man is truly a treasure. I love reading his work.

:yeahthat:
He is along with Dr. Walter E. Williams.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 14 February 2020 - 10:32 AM

#7 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:01 PM

I hate to say it, but this kind of thing will only get worse until more people like Sowell open glazed over eyes and to educate others what this is truly about.

#8 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

View PostHolland25, on 14 February 2020 - 08:55 AM, said:

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:52 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 14 February 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

PERFECT response in this thread!!

:2up:

#10 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:33 PM

A friend of mine has been calling it "White People Are Evil Month": for years. :P

#11 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:51 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 14 February 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

What Monty said!! :clap:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic