RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Dr. Fauci Clears The Air About The Origin Of The “Wuhan Virus” - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dr. Fauci Clears The Air About The Origin Of The “Wuhan Virus” Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 March 2020 - 01:39 PM

Dr. Fauci Clears The Air About The Origin Of The "Wuhan Virus"

https://www.teaparty247.org/
(Tea Party 247)

Article:

Dr. Anthony Fauci is the man of the hour.

While the whole news media and at least half of Washington DC politicians try to wax hysterics about the spread of the Wuhan virus, he is making sure that the American people stay informed during this chaotic time.

And now, he's tackling claims from the Democrats, who happen to be in agreement with Communist China, that the virus is a bioweapon developed by the United States military.

Let's not forget claims that to say the virus originated in China is "xenophobic."

Yes, this is real life now.

At any rate, Dr. Fauci was clear that "there's no doubt" of the virus' origin.

"It absolutely came from Wuhan," he stated. "There's no doubt about that."

In the interview, Dr. Fauci also called for people to "socially distance" themselves as part of the national effort to stop the spread of the virus.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:03 PM

Dude better watch his back.

#3 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:17 PM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 15 March 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

While the whole news media and at least half of Washington DC politicians try to wax hysterics about the spread of the Wuhan virus, he is making sure that the American people stay informed during this chaotic time.

Yeah, and in calling it the "Wuahan virus" rather than the proper worldwide-accepted "proper" name, the author is being JUST AS pot-stirring and hysteria-driving as those he is decrying.

YES, There IS a proper way of "naming" these things. Generally, there are TWO taxonomies: the name of the virus/pathogen itself, and the name of the disease or pathology that it causes.

The Virus: SARS-CoV-2 (“severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2") as determined by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV). So called because it's genetics are most closely related to the '03 SARS, but yet distinct, hence the "-2".

(What, y'all thought that someone just bent over and pulled a name out of their arse and then somehow everyone else just automagically adopted it? No, there's an established procedure.)

The Disease: COVID-19. (COrona VIrus Disease, first known case 2019, using the ICD (International Classification of Diseases) system first established by Dr. William Farr in the 1800s and later adopted by the World Health Organization.

As such, if someone like the author chooses their own name, I'm inclined to believe they're drive by "Agenda" rather than "science"; It reduces anything they have to say to mere "background noise".

#4 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:47 PM

I will call it what I like, thanks. Don't need people telling me what to think or what to name things. If I wall to call it Wuhan Flu, or Hong Kong Fluey that is my right. Just because some "scientist" claims its racist means nothing to me.

#5 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:53 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 15 March 2020 - 05:47 PM, said:

I will call it what I like, thanks. Don't need people telling me what to think or what to name things. If I wall to call it Wuhan Flu, or Hong Kong Fluey that is my right. Just because some "scientist" claims its racist means nothing to me.

Yes, that is your right; and also your right to be not taken seriously.

I would liken it to a police report. There are precise words, nomenclatures, descriptions, that you'd use. There's a well-defined vocabulary as there is in ANY profession. There's a reason for this; You file a report from [wherever]. Next guy from [Elsewheresville] can read your report and 'grok' it. PLUS, if you use the right vocabulary then the right "keywords" show up in meta-searches.

EtA: We're all on the same side here: US against the virus. Why NOT all use the same language so the the next member of the team groks it?

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 15 March 2020 - 06:57 PM

#6 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 March 2020 - 07:00 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 15 March 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

Yeah, and in calling it the "Wuahan virus" rather than the proper worldwide-accepted "proper" name, the author is being JUST AS pot-stirring and hysteria-driving as those he is decrying.

YES, There IS a proper way of "naming" these things. Generally, there are TWO taxonomies: the name of the virus/pathogen itself, and the name of the disease or pathology that it causes.

The Virus: SARS-CoV-2 (“severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2") as determined by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV). So called because it's genetics are most closely related to the '03 SARS, but yet distinct, hence the "-2".

(What, y'all thought that someone just bent over and pulled a name out of their arse and then somehow everyone else just automagically adopted it? No, there's an established procedure.)

The Disease: COVID-19. (COrona VIrus Disease, first known case 2019, using the ICD (International Classification of Diseases) system first established by Dr. William Farr in the 1800s and later adopted by the World Health Organization.

As such, if someone like the author chooses their own name, I'm inclined to believe they're drive by "Agenda" rather than "science"; It reduces anything they have to say to mere "background noise".

Yes.

#7 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 15 March 2020 - 08:14 PM

View PostLadybird, on 15 March 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

Yes.

Almost.

There’s always MERS, which Adam conveniently doesn’t mention, and it stands for - wait for it - Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. The name of the place is right there in its widely used name.

So Adam is FOS this time. There is no “thou shalt use thy properly determined nomenclature should thou wish to be regarded with serious intent”. Nope. Doesn’t exist. By now, everyone knows that Wuhan Virus = coronavirus causing COVID-19.

Which brings me to another point, should we wish to remain pedantic. “Wuhan virus” is actually the strain of coronavirus in question, while COVID-19 is the disease it causes.

Y’all are welcome.

#8 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:32 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 15 March 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

Dude better watch his back.

China needs to watch their back.

Trump should order all US companies making things in China to get out of there and move it to the USA, Canada and Mexico.

Then if China invades Taiwan we go in there and break their back!!!

China better watch their back or we will hurt them real bad!!!

#9 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:36 PM

View Postzurg, on 15 March 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

Almost.

There’s always MERS, which Adam conveniently doesn’t mention, and it stands for - wait for it - Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. The name of the place is right there in its widely used name.

So Adam is FOS this time. There is no “thou shalt use thy properly determined nomenclature should thou wish to be regarded with serious intent”. Nope. Doesn’t exist. By now, everyone knows that Wuhan Virus = coronavirus causing COVID-19.

Which brings me to another point, should we wish to remain pedantic. “Wuhan virus” is actually the strain of coronavirus in question, while COVID-19 is the disease it causes.

Y’all are welcome.

You're ALMOST right. MERS is not just the "Widely Used" name but the officially sanctioned named (well, technically, it's MERS-CoV).

Should we wish to remain pedantic, the problem with calling it "Wuhan Virus" is that the immediate question is "WHICH Wuhan virus?" SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 isn't the first from that region and likely isn't the last. Remember that, as I've posted previously, right on it's heels is potentially H5N1.

IMHO, we are WAAAAY Overacting to COVID-19... unless you consider it as a "dry run" in gearing up for H5N1. Do a handful of people way above my paygrade "Know" something that I can only extrapolate and guess at? I can't rule it out. Best I can say is that the totality of things, taken alone OR as a Whole, seem to point in that direction.

Am I FOS? Well, YMMV. On the one hand I DO have a credible track record here. ON THERE OTHER HAND, I do have brown eyes which I'm told means that I'm full of it at least up to HERE. LOL

EtA: And the thought that Covid-19 is just a "Dry Run" for H5N1 scares the bejeezus out of me. Forget about morality rates in the single digits. Let's talk 50%.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 15 March 2020 - 09:45 PM

#10 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:56 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 15 March 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

I would liken it to a police report. There are precise words, nomenclatures, descriptions, that you'd use. There's a well-defined vocabulary as there is in ANY profession. There's a reason for this; You file a report from [wherever]. Next guy from [Elsewheresville] can read your report and 'grok' it. PLUS, if you use the right vocabulary then the right "keywords" show up in meta-searches.

EtA: We're all on the same side here: US against the virus. Why NOT all use the same language so the the next member of the team groks it?

Never mind.

#11 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:59 AM

View Postzurg, on 15 March 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

Almost.

Y’all are welcome.

Facts are now racist and cause xenophobia. The virus came from Wuhan in China. EVERYONE knows that if you say the "Wuhan Virus" you are talking about the Corona Virus or whatever medical designation which consists of acronyms and numbers that some people think are the only valid things to call it.

That is neither racist nor xenophobic.

#12 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:01 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 15 March 2020 - 09:36 PM, said:

You're ALMOST right. MERS is not just the "Widely Used" name but the officially sanctioned named (well, technically, it's MERS-CoV).

Should we wish to remain pedantic, the problem with calling it "Wuhan Virus" is that the immediate question is "WHICH Wuhan virus?" SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 isn't the first from that region and likely isn't the last. Remember that, as I've posted previously, right on it's heels is potentially H5N1.

IMHO, we are WAAAAY Overacting to COVID-19... unless you consider it as a "dry run" in gearing up for H5N1. Do a handful of people way above my paygrade "Know" something that I can only extrapolate and guess at? I can't rule it out. Best I can say is that the totality of things, taken alone OR as a Whole, seem to point in that direction.

Am I FOS? Well, YMMV. On the one hand I DO have a credible track record here. ON THERE OTHER HAND, I do have brown eyes which I'm told means that I'm full of it at least up to HERE. LOL

EtA: And the thought that Covid-19 is just a "Dry Run" for H5N1 scares the bejeezus out of me. Forget about morality rates in the single digits. Let's talk 50%.

Seriously? In the context of TODAY, if someone were to talk about the Wuhan Virus your first reaction would be "which one?"

I don't think that even you believe yourself on that one.

#13 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:21 AM

My heritage includes Germany and so I am offended by the term, "German measles." I demand we call it "Flecken infection" from now on!
Spoiler

#14 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:08 AM

Gee, wonder why the WHO, contrary to the standard used for years, might choose not to label the virus so that it makes China look bad...how conveeeeenient. Let's see, ebola Marburg, ebola Reson, ebola Zaire, ebola Sudan, COVID!

#15 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:59 AM

Whatever anyone wants to call this virus; I think the first thing it should be called is "hyperbole-2020", or "hysteria-19".

The media is the entity that has made this outrageous. The democrats are what made this political.

In 2009-10 the H1N1 virus killed approx. 500,000 people world wide. 60 million Americans were infected. Life went on without panic.

Before Obama declared a national emergency approx. 1000 Americans had already died from H1N1 (on the way to ~30,000).

The media didn't lose their mind. There was no panic. The democrats and media were applauding the Obama administration for their efforts (which wasn't much and I believe didn't warrant much).

Why the mass hysteria now? The democrats/liberals and media are hyper-critical of the actions taken, thus far, on the part of the Trump administration. So far less than 100 people have died in the US from the beer virus, yet people are losing their s**t over it and are giving in to the hype. Why?

Now, I come onto a website where I thought there was rationality only to find people having a pissing contest over the f**king name!!

Let's get a f-ing grip, people. The normal strains of flu kill more people each year than this "pandemic" has or will.

calm the f**k down.

#16 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

View PostSeverian, on 16 March 2020 - 08:08 AM, said:

Gee, wonder why the WHO, contrary to the standard used for years, might choose not to label the virus so that it makes China look bad...how conveeeeenient. Let's see, ebola Marburg, ebola Reson, ebola Zaire, ebola Sudan, COVID!

:yeahthat:

#17 User is online   Italian Biker 

• <no title>

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 16 March 2020 - 07:21 AM, said:

My heritage includes Germany and so I am offended by the term, "German measles." I demand we call it "Flecken infection" from now on!
Spoiler

And how do legionares feel about a disease named after them. How does Lou Gehrig's descendents feel about it? It is another way for democrats to use a race card against this administration.

#18 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:54 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 15 March 2020 - 05:47 PM, said:

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yeahthat.gif

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 15 March 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

I think everyone by now, especially the people who are out of work due to restaurants and bars, etc., closings, that the Wuhan virus or flu 'groks' that it is the same as the Covid-19 and where it originated.

View PostLadybird, on 15 March 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

Yes.

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yawn2.gif

View PostJerryL, on 16 March 2020 - 03:59 AM, said:

Facts are now racist and cause xenophobia. The virus came from Wuhan in China. EVERYONE knows that if you say the "Wuhan Virus" you are talking about the Corona Virus or whatever medical designation which consists of acronyms and numbers that some people think are the only valid things to call it.

That is neither racist nor xenophobic.

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/yeahthat.gif

View PostPrut42, on 16 March 2020 - 09:10 AM, said:

Totally agree. That's why I continue to call the teaparty (origin of this thread) teabaggers and Rump supporters as trumptards. That is my right and besides - it is wholly appropriate. Carry on!

Oh look, we picked up another one!http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/froehlich214.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users