RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Twelve Women Joe Biden Could Pick As His Running Mate - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twelve Women Joe Biden Could Pick As His Running Mate Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 16 March 2020 - 05:59 PM

List: Twelve Women Joe Biden Could Pick As His Running Mate

Washington Examiner
by Emily Larsen
March 16, 2020 05:27 PM

Excerpt:

Joe Biden’s commitment to pick a woman along with some of his past comments about what he wants in a vice president dramatically shortens the list of potential choices.

“If I’m elected president, my cabinet, my administration will look like the country,” Biden said during Sunday’s Democratic presidential debate. “I would pick a woman to be my vice president.”

Influential South Carolina Rep. Jim Clyburn, whose endorsement helped propel Biden to a huge victory in the South Carolina primary that gave him momentum for Super Tuesday, said that he preferred Biden pick a black woman as his running mate. But Biden also said Sunday that he would appoint the first black female Supreme Court justice, which may mean he faces less backlash if he does not pick a black woman as vice president.

Aside from previously saying that he would pick someone "of color and/or a different gender,” Biden has given a few hints on his running mate. In January, Biden, 77, said that his pick would have to be “capable of [being] president because I'm an old guy.” He said in December that he would pick someone “who was simpatico with me, who knew what my priorities were and knew what I wanted to do. We could disagree on tactics, but strategically, we'd have to be on the exact same page.”

Here are women Biden could pick to be his running mate, ranked from least likely to most likely.

Stacey Abrams

The former Georgia gubernatorial candidate and state representative is often mentioned as a possible top Biden vice presidential pick, with betting markets giving the prominent black politician 9-2 odds according to US Bookies. Abrams, 46, has openly saidshe would consider being added to the eventual nominee's ticket as his vice president. But while Abrams has political celebrity, her lack of statewide or national experience is likely a deal breaker against Biden picking her.

Kyrsten Sinema

At 43, the Arizonan senator is one of the youngest options to be Biden’s vice presidential nominee and is an energetic, talented campaigner. Sinema is a more moderate Democrat representing a swing state, meaning she might align better with Biden, and brings some additional diversity to the ticket by being openly bisexual. Sinema, however, would face backlash from Democrats for her more moderate positions and lack of enthusiasm for President Trump’s impeachment.

A black House representative

If Biden is very focused on choosing a black woman as vice president, he might look to the U.S. House of Representatives. Clyburn mentioned Ohio Rep. Marcia Fudge, 67, who has more than a decade in the chamber under her belt, and Florida Rep. Val Demings, 63. Demings joined the House in 2017, is a former Orlando police chief, and earned national recognition as a prosecutor in Trump's impeachment trial.

Tammy Baldwin

The junior senator from the swing state of Wisconsin, 58, in 1998 became the first openly gay woman elected to Congress. Not only could she represent a Midwestern state that Democrats lost in 2016 and add diversity as an LGBT pick, but she would also bring progressive bona fides to the ticket, potentially energizing Bernie Sanders supporters to get out the vote. Unlike Biden, Baldwin voted against the Iraq War in 2002 as a House member. She was elected to the Senate a decade later.

*snip*

The rest of the leftovers

#2 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:08 PM

Which ever one it is, she'll be pres not long after the swearing in. If he wins.

#3 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:09 PM

Doesn't Hillary carry hot sauce in her purse?

Shoe in!!!

#4 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:17 PM

Easy choice, who's hair smells better...

#5 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:17 PM

Candace Owens
Condoleezza Rice
Stacey Dash
Angela McGlowan
Alveda King
Star Parker

#6 User is offline   AntiObama